New Ironman Guide (Updated:31/07/21)

Frigate
Premium Donator

New Ironman Guide (Updated:31/07/21)

Post by Frigate » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:48 am

Introduction
PKHonor's least favourite Ironman aka the Biggest Spooned Iron, Frigate is here with a fresh Ironman guide.
I decided to start this guide because most other PKH Ironman guides are kinda outdated.
At the time of writing i am currently 18.2b total XP and relatively close to getting my enchanted comp cape!

This guide is written with the idea of getting through the early stages of an Ironman.
If there are things I failed to cover in my guide and you would love to contribute dm me on discord, Dex #1721, and if you'd like to know more join the "Iron Inc" cc, you'll find your family of fellow irons!

Useful Commands
Spoiler: show
::wiki - Brings up the wiki page in your browser (Very useful for skilling and some pvming)
::drops - Brings up drop table page, use Ctrl + F to find the drop table you want to look at
::shops - Teleports you to shops at Edgeville
::home - Teleports you to designated home teleport destination
::yell - Send a server wide announcement and annoy everybody (Only for Donators and Premium)
::changepass <newpass> - Change your account password
::events - Check out the ongoing/upcoming event schedule
There are more commands that you can check out by doing ::commands in-game.
Pro Tips
Use the Wise Old Man achievements to guide you through how you should be progressing.

Get Donator + Premium as early as possible to unlock Corporeal Beast for the spirit shields. Strongly recommended to get Divine or Elysian spirit shield before you start the God Wars Dungeon grind.

Revenants is the best moneymaker for ^ (As of writing, they are roughly priced at 13b per status.)

Keep all the spare GP you'll need a ton for quests and you can buy donator credits off the G.E. use them to buy Ecumenical keys to enter God Wars Dungeons

As an Iron, you cannot buy custom whips from the donator store. Acquire them through Elite and Master caskets. If you would like to swap your custom whip for another, sell it to donator store for a whip ticket, with 6k Donator credits you can exchange it for a Chaos/Souls/Fortune whip. Read up on the custom whips here https://wiki.pkhonor.net/items/custom_whips

Read up on the "Lucky" pet system which will be extremely helpful in PVMing over here: https://wiki.pkhonor.net/guides/misc/pets
Starting off your journey as Irontrash
Welcome to the Ironman solo mission gamemode

PVM
Starting your journey
Start off your journey by going to your Spellbook tab and check out all the teleports PKH has to offer. You can gain some early combat levels at Rock crabs, or complete a couple easy tasks. Move on to Medium tasks and kill some Cyclops or Moss giants, they both have good early game drops like Dragon weapons, Rune Armour, Helm of Neitiznot.
Catacombs map for easy reference.

While doing Slayer tasks you'll get Brimstone Key drops, you can find brimstone chests next to every Slayer Master . You can get really good supplies like Dragon Bones, Darts, Overload potions, Super Prayer potions, Super antifires, etc.
Image - Picture of the Log for unique items in Brimstone chest
You can view the full Brimstone Key drop table here: https://wiki.pkhonor.net/items/brimstone_key

After getting some decent levels and gear from Slayer tasks, you could move on to the Hard tasks and go for Abyssal Demons task so you can get an Abbysal Whip. Your Abbysal whip is going to be your first big upgrade, and is also required to complete a Wise Old Man achievement.

Once you get some GP and drops, you can check out what you can buy at ::shops
Kill some dragons for easy Prayer XP and to unlock the Protection Prayers.

Getting ready for Barrows
To prepare for barrows, get some Ankous tasks, they drop Blood Barrage runes and Pure Essence which will help supply you for Risky Barrows.
To get the PKP for a Cannon (required to start Risky Barrows) kill Lost Souls in the wilderness (Ghost looking monsters wondering around the entire Wilderness). I would suggest taking the PVP teleport to Green Dragons and running across Wildy to kill them.
Check out the PKH Risky Barrows guide https://wiki.pkhonor.net/minigames/risky_barrows
Once you have some Barrows equipment, grind out more Lost Souls and save up PKP for a Chaotic Rapier and a Chaotic Crossbow.
These weapons will carry you until you get a Custom Whip or an Armadyl Crossbow / Blowpipe.

Dagannoth Kings
Dagannoth Kings here are much easier as they have a much smaller aggro range. Gear up in your best Melee set (Which should be barrows at this point) and a Chaotic Rapier or an Abyssal Whip. Pray accordingly and just smack the Dagannoths.
Prime - Protect Missiles
Supreme - Protect Magic
Rex - Protect Melee

The Dagannoth Kings have some very good loot that you can use or alch, the most notable ones are:
Archers Ring
Seers Ring
Berserker Ring

You'll need to get 2 of each ring eventually so you can imbue them.
God Wars Dungeon
I strongly suggest that you get atleast a Divine Shield or an Elysian Spirit Shield before you start this grind, however it is still doable without them, but you'll get much shorter trips. You should start out with doing General Graardoor (Bandos) runs to get the Bandos set. Refer to OSRS Bandos guides as it is more or less the same.

Melee Setup
Newb Ironman
You do not need a Dharok set specifically, if I'm not wrong all the Barrows Melee armours share the same stats.
You can get a Draconic Visage from Frost dragons, King Black Dragon or some of the metal dragons. (I suggest doing mithrils or KBD for the visage)
Dragon boots are a common drop from dust devils.
Berserker ring is from Dagannoth Rex.
Now, you're on your own for your PVMing journey, some things to take note are:
  • You require a slayer streak of 3 to kill Alchemical Hydra, Kraken, Cerberus and Abbysal sire.
  • You shouldn't follow a slayer streak unless you are specifically trying to hunt for the bosses mentioned above. Always reroll for tasks that has drops to help you progress through the game.
  • Dust Devils tasks are the fastest slayer points
  • Extend your slayer tasks at the end of the task with a slayer helmet + 5M GP, so you get double the task completion XP
  • Level up your Clue Perk from the slayer master so you get a higher chance to obtain clues; higher chance to obtain clues = higher chance to obtain custom whips
Wildy PVM
As Irons we have the benefit of having dedicated Wildy boss spawners at 4 locations in the wildy, refer to https://wiki.pkhonor.net/guides/misc/ironman_spawners
Wildywyrm is the best way for Irons to get Pest Control points, however to unlock Elite void you will need to finish the "Pest Invasion" quest and complete 20 solo runs of Pest control

The King Black Dragon, Chaos Elemental, Wildywyrm and Frost Dragon each have an ultra rare special diamond drop. If you combine all four you can make a 'perfect ring' which has the best stats of any ring in the game giving +6 in all stats and has a chance of doubling any received points (PKP, Slayer points, Pest control points). Only the Frost Dragons in the Wilderness can drop the Ice Diamond.

Lost souls are wondering through the Wilderness, kill them to receive PKP + Slayer points, they have a chance to drop PVP armour like Zuriels, Vesta, etc. They also have a chance to drop a Salve amulet which when imbued at a Slayer master for 2k Slayer points, has a +20% Accuracy, Damage and a Soulsplit effect against undead monsters. (This is amazing and I might even say almost crucial when killing Vet'ion)

Complete your Wilderness Diary to receive these benefits
Image Image
Why doing clues are important
All Ironmen are unable to get voting rewards so we do not have the ability to purchase Ring Imbue scrolls / Ex-ex parrots (Refer to ::wiki pets).
Ironman are able to receive the voting rewards through exchanging the ancient artifact drops that come from Revenants, this is an excellent way to acquire Ex-ex parrots, Ring Imbue Scrolls, Imbued God Capes and more!

Apart from Ancient artifact drops, you can receive voting rewards through completing Hard Clues and opening the Caskets as well.
Image Explanation of droptables for Ironmen.
Clue Steps guide: https://wiki.pkhonor.net/guides/clue_scrolls

Notable Loot
Custom Whips These whips are extremely useful in PVMing and eventually you can combine it with a Completionist Cape to give the whip effect passively. Wiki page: https://wiki.pkhonor.net/items/custom_whips

Magic Stone Required to get a Morph Ring which is extremely beneficial to PVMing with Death. Wiki page: https://wiki.pkhonor.net/items/morph_ring

Third-Age Druidic Best-in-slot Mage gear and has a nice herblore bonus. Wiki page: https://wiki.pkhonor.net/items/third_age_druidic

Stasher NPC
-WIP-

Pro Tip #1 : Farming Frost Dragons are one of the best ways to get Elite clues.
Pro Tip #2 : Killing Skotizo gives a guaranteed Hard Scroll, with a 1/20 chance of an Elite clue. Skotizo Guide: https://wiki.pkhonor.net/npcs/skotizo
Skilling
I personally dislike skilling so this will be very brief, you can check out the skilling guides at their respective wikipedia pages.
  • Agility is one of the best 99s as you get unlimited run energy at 99. (Highly recommended to get this as your first 99)
  • Herblore and Farming should also be done early as you can to gain access to Overload potions and Extreme combat potions in PKH.
  • Plant a Woad flower in the flower patch at the farming locations for herbs, this is to prevent your herbs from having Covid-19
  • Ankous are the best way to obtain Pure essence in the Early game for RC XP. (RC is the fastest skill to gain XP in the game. There is a bank at every altar)
  • You get bonus 5% xp from training any skill at ::skilling
  • Cutting trees planted in your POH gives a 15% XP boost
  • Use presets for fast xp with skills that require items in your inventory e.g. Runecrafting
  • Fastest crafting XP would be cutting gems, you can buy these at crafting store or steal from gem stalls and bank
  • You can mine clay and make them into soft clay at the sink in Crafting guild, they are used to make House Teletabs (Requires 99 RC)
  • With 95 Hunter and 90 Agility you can catch Black Warlocks at Jungle Hunter Zone for the best Agility XP, refer to the Hunter and Agility wiki page.
Money Making
Wilderness
Revenants are the best money makers in the wilderness, all monsters in the Revenant caves drop ancient artifacts that can be exchanged at the emblem exchange NPC north west of Revenants area. The values are as follows:

Killing Battle Mages in the Mage Arena - The mages have common drops that you can alch for a decent amount of GP.

Pro Tip : All Coins and Tickets can be dropped on the ground in the Wilderness and will appear in your refund box after it disappears.

Non-Wilderness
Catching Kingly Implings at ::skilling or Puro-Puro has a chance to drop you items you can alch (Royal armour set) or can also give you an early Onyx or Dragonstones if you need it.
If you'd like to contribute to this guide dm me on Discord @Dex #1721.
For all other fresh Ironmans I hope this guide has helped you and you guys can always join "Iron Inc" to ask questions if you ever have them.

Future plans
-Include stasher in clue section
-Add a mini revenant caves guide in Wildy PVM
-Add money making section
Changelog
-Added God Wars Dungeon, Dagannoth kings, Pets (25/7/21)
-Added Clue section (25/7/21)
Last edited by Frigate on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Empty
Honor Player

Re: New Ironman Guide

Post by Empty » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:52 am

wonderful ironman guide, good job @Frigate <3

Frigate
Premium Donator

Post by Frigate » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:54 am

Bert wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:52 am wonderful ironman guide, good job @Frigate <3
<3 I know you still hate me.

Iron jepps
Premium Donator

Post by Iron jepps » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Great guide! Mr. Spoon. Any irons reading this join the "Iron Inc" cc in-game for further help :)

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:13 pm

There is already a pretty extensive Ironman guide on the ::wiki. I recommend adding all of your tips and tricks to there.

https://wiki.pkhonor.net/info/contributing
https://wiki.pkhonor.net/guides/misc/ironman

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Great guide!

Thanks!

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Hcmoose
One Hit Wonder

Post by Hcmoose » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:41 pm

great guide mate, updated and accurate information, nothing telling you exactly what to do, just really useful notes, love it, thank! :mrgreen: :twisted: :arrow: :lol: :P :x

Frigate
Premium Donator

Post by Frigate » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:12 am

Iron adam wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:13 pm There is already a pretty extensive Ironman guide on the ::wiki. I recommend adding all of your tips and tricks to there.

https://wiki.pkhonor.net/info/contributing
https://wiki.pkhonor.net/guides/misc/ironman
ah good idea will check it out

Akuizm
Premium Donator

Post by Akuizm » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:52 am

Now teach us how to become a spoon like you.

Frigate
Premium Donator

Post by Frigate » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:12 am

Akuizm wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:52 am Now teach us how to become a spoon like you.
Make a new account to reset account rng, if u get a discord worthy drop <10kc of any boss for your first discord #game_feed drop you're set for the rest of the account. :afro: :thumbsup: