Ultimate Ironman 'guide'

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Ultimate Ironman 'guide'

Post by Uim legolas » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Intro

I understand this guide might be a little disorganised and lacking some information. I'll add any additional info I can think of. Nonetheless I hope this will have it's uses for people playing Ultimates.

Since this has been heavily requested, I've decided to try and make an Ultimate Ironman guide.
This gamemode can vary a lot depending on what your goals are. Therefore I would consider this guide more of a 'tips and tricks', based on my Ultimate Ironman experiences.

Starting off

When starting an Uim, you have to decide your endgame goals on the account. Since you lose everything on death and can't bring much food, I suggest you start with doing everything you want to do in the wilderness.
This can range from getting 99 agility and hunter, to getting a completionist cape.
This might take a lot of deaths and hours, but if you don't do it at the start, it will never happen.

Wilderness

These are all the wilderness goals you could possibly have.

- Skilling (black chins, wilderness agility course)
- Revenants (imbue scroll, ex ex, cash)
- Lost souls (salve (e) and pkp)
- max cape (wilderness part in quest)
- 'perfect' ring
- comp cape (wilderness achievements)
- collection log

There are a few ways of doing wilderness tasks.

1) Get high defensive gear and try to survive everything.
2) Suicide before doing a wilderness task, pick up a basic setup, and go wilderness for 40-45 minutes.
3) Get a basic setup, do things in wilderness till you die, repeat. (This method makes it impossible to keep any loot obtained during wilderness tasks)

Skilling

Once you're done with your wilderness goals, your best bet is to smash out the skilling that requires inventory space (Runecrafting, construction, herblore, crafting, mining, smithing, fishing, cooking). The amount of skills and experience you aim for once again depends on your endgame goals. Do you want a max cape? Are you working on comp cape requirements?

I'd also recommend you think ahead and grind out bulk supplies like overloads and bolts.

Clue scrolls

High risk, high reward. I suggest you always keep the basic clue items on you (stack of onyx's, dragon full helm, maybe wizard boots - dark bow)
Main problem is that nearly every clue scroll includes a wilderness step. If you do not want to risk it all, do not try and complete these wilderness steps.

Max gear

Now that you're done with all the wilderness tasks and all the skilling requirements that need inventory space, you can start working on wealth and best in slot gear. This once again is your decision to make. What items do you want? How many items can you hold?

General information

- The crazy archeologist is great for supplies early game.
- Ex ex is most useful on a zulrah pet.
- You can make a pet list in your Poh, to store all the pets you receive.
- When grinding a pvm drop, try to always do it on task. This will result in free brimstone keys and slayer points.
- I recommend to use your first zenyte as a suffering. Very useful at zulrah.
- Note nex pieces or put them in your looting bag when suiciding. This will prevent them from degrading.
- Always try to achieve the personal goals on events. This will result in free supplies in your refund box.
- Skills like construction can be trained with the suicide method. Since you need 26 inventory slots, you suicide, pick up your planks and leafs, and train construction with a timer for about 45 minutes.
- You can buy ecu keys in the donator store. Find someone to donate to your uim and pay him on your main.
- Try to focus on non-degrading gear. I suggest you only use 1 nex set to keep up with your ancient repair kits.

Refund box

CURRENTLY NOT CORRECT (waiting for more refund box info after update)

Since it is very unclear about what items go to the refund box on Uim, i'll sum up a few of them.
- Slayer rings
- Brimstone keys (with the slayer perk)
- Most castle wars items (halo's and vanguard - trickster - battle-mage)
- Arclight
- Cannonballs
- Cannon pieces
- Cash, 100m tickets, 1b tickets
- Fire cape
- Bonecrusher
- Wilderness sword 4

Do NOT!!!! go to refund:
- Comp cape
- max cape
- custom whips
- slayer bracelets

Stale fish1
Wise One

Re: Ultimate Ironman 'guide'

Post by Stale fish1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Very nice guide!

Straight to the point and covers all bases!

would love to see more in the future

Keep it up!

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:21 pm

very quality. true to your mod form

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:30 am

Good stuff bro, this will help the new ultimate ironmen/ironwomen!