Tips for New Pk-Honor Players!

Boise state
Premium Donator

Tips for New Pk-Honor Players!

Post by Boise state » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:33 am

Hey pals, Bailey here. Bringing you some nice tips for those beginners out there.

-Do Herblore ( type ::thread 40 in-game!), Mining, and Smithing as your first non-combat skills. They make wonderful money!

Side note: In herblore, Overloads (lvl 99) and Super Prayers (lvl 97) are your best bet for quick income, and also fast PkP earnings!

-If you get a 'Clue Scroll' as a drop from a monster, do it! No matter the Difficulty! You may be surprised by the rewards. Plus, Hard Caskets sell for 100m, and Elites go for 1B!
Type ::thread 12789 in-game for the clue scroll guide.

-When fighting dragons, drink Anti-Fires, wear an anti-fire shield, and pray "melee," it makes it loads easier.
(for anti-fires, you need a herblore level! That's why it's sooo dire to get that up as quickly as possible!)

-I, personally, wouldn't do a lot of staking until you're pretty well set economically. But hey, that's just my point-of-view.

-When just starting, it's smart to get your combat up, then go to pest control as soon as you can; void is a big helper on this server. (if nobody is at Pest Control, just ask a donor [like me] to yell for you!)

-Invest in good armor and weapons from the start(Bandos, Armadyl Ranged Gear) that way you don't have to later. If invested early, you'll just make back all the money you spent, but a lot easier.

-Don't rely on other players for your resources. It can be a major waste of time and money. If you can get your resources together by yourself, than do it! The extra experience gained and money saved is definitely worth the time.

-Sometimes when you're first starting, it can be a real grind to set yourself off on the right foot. Listen to music to keep yourself occupied with the daily grind.
(I HEAVILY recommend the Pandora Comedy Radio. If you're cool with dirty comedy, that stuff is the bomb.com)

-In the game, you're gonna encounter people you don't really get along with too well. Don't let the situation get to you. Keep a level head, to avoid getting into trouble.

-UTILIZE THE IGNORE LIST!!! IT CAN SAVE YOU FROM ANNOYANCE, AND KEEP YOU OUT OF TROUBLE!!
-Familiarize yourself with the rules. It sounds corny, but it's really important. Not all servers have the same rule set. It's dire that you familiarize yourself, because it would suck to lose all your hard work, just because of a ban.
Rules>(http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=13239)

-If you do get punished (I.e. a ban or mute) make sure to use the proper appeal formats to Appeal your punishment, or the thread may not even be looked at by a staff team member! The thread for the formats: (http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7)

-Visit this thread (http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14478)
It's a "guide directory" It's a huge help to everyone.

-Do the wise old man achievements! They are very helpful down the road! Said achievement points get you access to Big-Money-Making-Monsters, like the Kalphite Queen and the Dagganoth bosses!!! If you get all the achievement points, your chance of a rare drop at said bosses is dramatically increased.
Visit: (http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=22794)

-Don't worry about Construction for a bit. It's very expensive, and almost 80% a waste of your cash.

-Get your prayer bones from dragons. Saves a lot of $.

-Kill Black Dragons for their Black Dhides and NOTED BONES only! The Dhides are currently selling for double of what the bones are selling! And not a lot of people are catching on, so take advantage of that! ;)

If you have decent gear, camp mithril dragons in the wilderness for Elite Clue scrolls and Dragon Bones. The caskets from these scrolls can sell for 1B each!

-Fish your own food, and cook it! It's way cheaper than buying it! And both skills are quite speedy.

-Hunter. It's probably the most dreaded skill, outside of Construction. But, when you get to the 80's and 90's, you start making serious money. So, if you're up for the challenge, start hunting A.S.A.P.!(I personally made 3.2b)

-Don't beg. It just pisses people off, and you don't wanna be a everyone's bad side when you just started. Give that a few hours, at least.

-Be a good sport! I can't stress that enough! Don't rage at someone if you lose a fight, or flip out on people if things go your way. It doesn't produce anything positive. Just makes things worse.

-Respect the staff team. They make all this possible. In fact, they deserve a lot of praise.

-Vote daily! Not only does it help the server, but it makes you money! You get points each time you vote, and these can be spent in the voting shop at home!! Free money!

-Do slayer to train combat. It's a great stat to have, and it can make you great money in the long run!

-Create a forums account! This way, you can communicate with others, and have your voice heard on the matters of important topics, like new suggestions and such!

-Always feel free to join the pkhonor clan chat if you need help!

Put the PKH wiki to good use!!! (http://pkhwiki.wikispaces.com/)

Credit to:
Elite Reborn - guide directory.
All players whom made guides that were featured here.
Xoros - the wise old man achievements guide.
Mike - Rules post.
Whoever contributed to the wiki.
Canthitme1 - mith dragons tip.

Thanks for reading! P.S.: I love color =3
Last edited by Boise state on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:02 am, edited 6 times in total.

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Re: Tips for Pk-Honor Newbies!

Post by Canthitme1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:48 am

Not sure if it's still good cash cuz I havnt been on I'm couple months but camping wild mith dragons for elites Is usually a 1b an hour thing great to start off

Boise state
Premium Donator

Post by Boise state » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:52 am

Canthitme1 wrote:Not sure if it's still good cash cuz I havnt been on I'm couple months but camping wild mith dragons for elites Is usually a 1b an hour thing great to start off
Very true, i'll throw that in there! Thanks pal.

Ramadan
Champion

Post by Ramadan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:44 am

Nice guide, colours are quite annoying and caused me to stop reading. Hope you don't plan for people on their mobile phones to ever read this guide.

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:50 am

Ramadan wrote:Nice guide, colours are quite annoying and caused me to stop reading. Hope you don't plan for people on their mobile phones to ever read this guide.
Hes right
Unfortunly with the white theme most colors are un read able (white not even visible)
I suggested a dark theme to fix this for mobile users earlier today but stefan instantly shot down and locked

Boise state
Premium Donator

Post by Boise state » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:51 am

Ramadan wrote:Nice guide, colours are quite annoying and caused me to stop reading. Hope you don't plan for people on their mobile phones to ever read this guide.
I'd go through and remove but...
effort. I'll get it done one of these days.
and normal colors are so boring on long posts.

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:54 am

Use darker colors then such as dark blue dark green etc
Oh and didn't say this earlier but it is.a good guide

Boise state
Premium Donator

Post by Boise state » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:55 am

Canthitme1 wrote:Use darker colors then such as dark blue dark green etc
Oh and didn't say this earlier but it is.a good guide
i'll get it done tomorrow lol. i'm tired now and need to focus a bit in-game. but thanks for the tip.

and thank you for the feedback too :)

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:11 pm

I like the colors :3 nice guide.

Jedi entei
Wise One

Post by Jedi entei » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Great guide, bro.

Looks really good, and filled with plenty of great knowledge for new players. :)
I no longer play PKH. Please, if you'd like to contact me, PM me.