Fixing Voting Issues Guide

Errobbie
Honor Player

Fixing Voting Issues Guide

Post by Errobbie » Sat May 31, 2014 1:40 pm

RUNELOCUS FIXES
Cookie Error:
Spoiler: show
There might be a so-called 'cookie' on your computer once you have voted. The cookie is automatically removed after 12 hours, until that moment voting is not possible. Some people disable cookies in their browser to vote continuously, but I assume RuneLocus has taken action against this cheating method. In order to vote, you need to have cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies are enabled on default, if you've bounched on this error, you've definitely changed browser settings or are running on incognito mode. Some public computers (such as schools and libraries) have cookies disabled, try your own computer.
My IP is blacklisted?:
RuneLocus has multiple collaborations with anti-spam databases. If you've seen this error, your IP address is listed in one of these databases. No, this is not a bug! You most likely don't know about any spam, but your computer (or another on your network) is most likely infected with a virus (or has been in the past). The virus has used your IP address to send out spam, resulting into your IP address being blacklisted. There's nothing the staff can do about this error because we do not manage this database, you'll have to obtain a new IP address or request removal of your IP address in the database.
What is this 'Open Port' error?:
One of the most common ways to do this is by using a so-called 'proxy', but I assume RuneLocus has taken action against players using proxies to vote. Proxies are usually hosted on well-known ports (like 80, 8080 and 3128). These ports are blocked, but this isn't the perfect solution yet. Some modems, routers and even computer programs use the same ports as proxies do. This results into a legit user being detected as a proxy.

There are multiple ways to fix this issue:
- Discover what program is using the port, and close it.
- Close the port on your firewall and/or router.

I'm running a webserver, why can't I vote?:
To avoid the use of webproxies, voters are not allowed to host a website on the IP address used to vote. Please shut down your webserver. If you are not hosting a website, you might want to take a look into your router or programs.
Other Methods/Notes
Notes:
- If someone has already voted on your IP in the past 12 hours; you will not be able to vote.
If you are on a proxy; and someone is also on that proxy and voted in the past 12 hours; you will not be able to vote.

Other Methods:
- Change your internet browser to a different one.
Waiting longer than the caps of 12/24 hours: try waiting 13/25 hours and then trying again.
Deleting cache & cookies via your Internet Browser

*For Google Chrome*
Web Browser Caches and Cookies
- Press options on the navigational bar.
- Press on the "settings" which have been highlighted for you.

- If not already on the settings please click "settings" on the side bar.
- Once you have done that, scroll down and press "show advanced settings"

Once you have pressed it go down till you see "Privacy" and click on "Clear Browser Data".
Once you have pressed it this window should appear, please select;
- "Delete cookies and other side plug in data" and
- "Empty the cache"
- Once you have selected just press "Clear browsing data"

If none of this works immediately then please:
- Try resetting your router
- Try voting on another device/computer
Last edited by Errobbie on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Errobbie
Honor Player

Re: Fixing Voting Issues Guide

Post by Errobbie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:58 am

Buuuuuump
Image Image

Score
Premium Donator

Post by Score » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:54 am

Awesome. Thank you.

Lkn
Honor Player

Post by Lkn » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:11 am

Thanks, this is really usefull.

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:16 am

Errobbie wrote:Buuuuuump
Mind editing it to include pictures instead of gyazo links? Kind of annoying as fuck.

Jade
Honor Player

Post by Jade » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:19 am

RUNELOCUS FIXES
Cookie Error:
There might be a so-called 'cookie' on your computer once you have voted. The cookie is automatically removed after 12 hours, until that moment voting is not possible. Some people disable cookies in their browser to vote continuously, but I assume RuneLocus has taken action against this cheating method. In order to vote, you need to have cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies are enabled on default, if you've bounched on this error, you've definitely changed browser settings or are running on incognito mode. Some public computers (such as schools and libraries) have cookies disabled, try your own computer.
My IP is blacklisted?:
RuneLocus has multiple collaborations with anti-spam databases. If you've seen this error, your IP address is listed in one of these databases. No, this is not a bug! You most likely don't know about any spam, but your computer (or another on your network) is most likely infected with a virus (or has been in the past). The virus has used your IP address to send out spam, resulting into your IP address being blacklisted. There's nothing the staff can do about this error because we do not manage this database, you'll have to obtain a new IP address or request removal of your IP address in the database.
What is this 'Open Port' error?:
One of the most common ways to do this is by using a so-called 'proxy', but I assume RuneLocus has taken action against players using proxies to vote. Proxies are usually hosted on well-known ports (like 80, 8080 and 3128). These ports are blocked, but this isn't the perfect solution yet. Some modems, routers and even computer programs use the same ports as proxies do. This results into a legit user being detected as a proxy.

There are multiple ways to fix this issue:
- Discover what program is using the port, and close it.
- Close the port on your firewall and/or router.

I'm running a webserver, why can't I vote?:
To avoid the use of webproxies, voters are not allowed to host a website on the IP address used to vote. Please shut down your webserver. If you are not hosting a website, you might want to take a look into your router or programs.
Other Methods/Notes
Notes:
- If someone has already voted on your IP in the past 12 hours; you will not be able to vote.
If you are on a proxy; and someone is also on that proxy and voted in the past 12 hours; you will not be able to vote.

Other Methods:
- Change your internet browser to a different one.
Waiting longer than the caps of 12/24 hours: try waiting 13/25 hours and then trying again.
Deleting cache & cookies via your Internet Browser

*For Google Chrome*
Web Browser Caches and Cookies
- Press options on the navigational bar.
- Press on the "settings" which have been highlighted for you.

- If not already on the settings please click "settings" on the side bar.
- Once you have done that, scroll down and press "show advanced settings"

Once you have pressed it go down till you see "Privacy" and click on "Clear Browser Data".
Once you have pressed it this window should appear, please select;
- "Delete cookies and other side plug in data" and
- "Empty the cache"
- Once you have selected just press "Clear browsing data"

If none of this works immediately then please:
- Try resetting your router
- Try voting on another device/computer

-------------------------------------------------------
*******end of guide*******
-------------------------------------------------------

Pls senpai wrote:
Errobbie wrote:Buuuuuump
Mind editing it to include pictures instead of gyazo links? Kind of annoying as fuck.
doneeee
Last edited by Jade on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 33 times in total.
yeah I've got multiple personalities but you're two faced AF

Score
Premium Donator

Post by Score » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:27 am

Perfect ^ So much better lol

Jade
Honor Player

Post by Jade » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:28 am

thank ya c;

now since this did not fix the problem these people were having