Max ranged xp/h with chinchompas

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Max ranged xp/h with chinchompas

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Introduction

Hey and welcome to my guide on how to max your ranged xp per hour. Before starting, this is an guide for people that have some ammount of cash to spend, and it's not cheap for some people.
Table of Content
I.How to get there?
II.What setup do I need?
III. Wich prayer book do I need to use?
IIII. How should my inventory look like?
IIIII.Some calculations and results
I. How to get there?

Well, we're going to Saradomin godwars. Why are we going there? It's pretty simple, the monsters in there takes 1 pixel each, so they can surround you 3x3 and has medium ammount with hp, wich makes it a good place to train ranged with.

As you can see in the picture, there's 2 places with Saradomin minions, first one is with the litle waterfall(Marked as number 1), and the second one is with the rope(Marked as number 2). Once you are done with the first set of minions, keep moving between those places for maximum xp\h, as it takes some time for them to respawn. But, remember to pray protection of magic all the time!

II. What setup should I use?

What is preferd here is using full void, ranger boots, amulet of fury, unholy book, avas accumulator and archer ring.

But, why use an unholy book instead of an dfs or divine or something else? The answer is pretty simple, the unholy book gives +8 more ranged damage than the dfs and divine ss pluss it gives 2+ more prayer bonus than the divine, making it slightly better.

III. Wich prayer book should I use?

I would recomend you to use the normal prayer book, because it have the Rigour(if you have unlocked it) and Eagle eye(If you haven't unlocked Rigour) wich is much better than curses, as you won't be using soulsplit anyways.
IIII. How should my inventory look like?

You may think, why so few super restores and so many brews, right? The reason is, there's monsters in there with all three combat styles, wich makes you take some damage. But relax, this won't slow down the xp gaining alot, even if the trip feels to be fast, but we'll get there soon.
IIIII. Some calculations and results

When I did this, i never gained less than 6m xp a trip, wich took me about 10-15 mins. My max xp gaining from a trip was about 9m xp. I used about 1700 red chinchompas for 250m xp. That means I got an avarage of 147k xp per chin, but that's not right. The avas makes sometimes the chin i throw, doesn't dissapear, so i can surely say the avarage of 1 chin gave me 60-70k xp drop.

One more thing. NEVER LET YOUR HP DROP BELOW 60. As they can K.O you pretty easy.

Some screenshots of my xp drops

Last edited by B0rnt0b3pk on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Lliilliill
Wise One

Re: Max ranged xp/h with chinchompas

Post by Lliilliill » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:16 pm

perfect guide nice work! :D

Rood
Wit
Blauw
Dit land is niet van jou

Thugga
Known Venturer

Post by Thugga » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Very nice guide, thanks! :D

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Great guide, i think i will use this .

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:35 pm

...You announced my way of getting ranged XP -.-

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Ain wrote:...You announced my way of getting ranged XP -.-
Your way o.0? I've been there since Mike fixed the chins :)
ImageImage

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:37 pm

A great alternative is the zombies minigame.

No risk of dying there, plus in the later rounds, you can have in the upwards of 20+ monsters around you.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Simon wrote:A great alternative is the zombies minigame.

No risk of dying there, plus in the later rounds, you can have in the upwards of 20+ monsters around you.
Yeah, i thought about that, but when i came to the conclusion you wont last very long to the longer waves, because the lack of healing sources. Aka, you would maybe last 2-3 rounds, but the rest would be like waste of chins before you're out of brews/restores :)
ImageImage

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Sick ownage wrote:

Yeah, i thought about that, but when i came to the conclusion you wont last very long to the longer waves, because the lack of healing sources. Aka, you would maybe last 2-3 rounds, but the rest would be like waste of chins before you're out of brews/restores :)
Instead of using rigour, you can use SS. You can use the fountain every 50 kills. 20+ Brews last a long time too.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Simon wrote:
Sick ownage wrote:

Instead of using rigour, you can use SS. You can use the fountain every 50 kills. 20+ Brews last a long time too.
True point. I'll have to test this :)
ImageImage