Pest Invasion Guide.

Simon
Honor Player

Pest Invasion Guide.

Post by Simon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:55 am

I decided to make a guide for the Pest Invasion quest, after receiving several requests and a ton of questions about the quest.
If you are reading this, you probably want to do Pest Invasion and get your korasi sword.
So let's get started.

The Requirements.

To complete Pest Invasion, there are a couple of requirements.
They can be found in the quest journal, but I will list them here for you once again.

The requirements are:

- 1000 PkHonor points
- 150 Pest Control points
- 78 Attack
- 78 Strenght
- 80 Magic
- 80 Runecrafting
- 95 Thieving
- 92 Fishing
- 92 Cooking
- 85 Herblore

The quest journal also states that having 95 agility would be an advantage, this is because you have to walk quite a lot. I can advice getting 95 agility, since unlimited run is a huge advantage, but it's not a must. It also helps you use a shortcut in Taverly dungeon, which helps you save some time. You can read about that further on.

The walkthrough

So when you have all the required levels, including the 1000 PkHonor points and 150 Pest Control points, you can start Pest Invasion.
This can be done by going to Pest Control, it is under the 'minigames' teleport in your spellbook.
Once there locate the 'squire' in the middle of the island. Talk to him, you will have to hand in the 1500 PkHonor points in order to start the quest.
He will then tell you to visit the mage's apprentice on Entrana.

Before going to Entrana, bank all your weapons and armor, as you are not allowed to take them to Entrana. Once you have done that, teleport to
Pest Control again. This time talk to the squire next to the teleport and ask him to take you to port sarim.

Once arrived at port sarim, walk north but stay on the dock. Locate the 'Monk of Entrana'
and ask him to take you to Entrana.

The X represents the location where you will be after the squire took you to Port Sarim.
The yellow dot represents the Monk of Entrana.

When you arrived on Entrana, talk to 'monk' who is standing close to the demon.
He will tell you they have a problem with the demon, and that it likes lava eels a lot. So your task
is to fish and cook 20 Lava eels. In order to do so, you will need an oily fishing rod and some fishing bait.

The oily fishing rod can be made like this.
First you need to get a clean harralander and use it on a vial of water to create
an unf harralander potion. Then purchase a blamish snake slime and use it with the unf harralander potion to create a blamish oil (all of the required items can be purchased from the herblore shop)
Purchase a fishing rod and about 30 fishing baits. Use the blamish oil on the fishing rod to create an oily fishing rod. You are now ready to go.

You can fish for lava eels in the Taverly dungeon.
The taverly dungeon is located west of Falador, to be exact here:

The X represents the location where you will be after teleporting to falador,
using the 'cities' teleport in your spellbook.

Once you enter, if you have a high enough level in agility, squeeze through the pipe and walk towards the lava you see,
you can fish the lava eels there.

If you do not have a high enough level in agilty, walk all the way through taverly dungeon, past dwarfs, lesser demons and blue dragons.
You should then reach lava, like I said before. Fish the eels there.

Remember to fish as many as you can fit in your inventory, since you may actually burn some.
You do not want to go back again to fish more.

Once you have the 20 lava eels, go back to Entrana and use them on the demon. You can now pass the demon.

Before walking past the demon, it is strongly advised to bank for food and potions. Stat boosting potions, saradomin brews and super restores are heavily advised, as you cannot bring weapons, armour or items that can be turned into armour and weapons.

Once you have banked, walk past the demon and enter the house with the cooking range icon (the house right beside the demon). The Mages Apprentice will be standing in the middle of the room, dressed head to toe in black. Attack the Mages Apprentice as soon as you enter, it may take some time to get him in the verge of death, but it is doable.

The next part of the quest is about making a teletab that takes you to crash island. To make a teletab you need 1 softclay,
1 law rune and 3 air runes. Do not forget these (soft clay can be bought in the general store). The lectern to make the tab is located far in karamja, to be exact here:

The X represents the spot where you will be teleported to from Port Sarim
after talking to Seaman Lorris.

When you have the teletab, do not use it yet! First go bank and get the supplies
you need to defeat and mithril dragon and a pretty tough mage. Bring an antifire or dragonfire shield
(protection from the dragonfire from the mithril dragon). Also do not forget some stat boosting potions, again a
prayer potion (maybe even 2) and some good food.

Be sure to pick up some crash island teleport tablets while you are there,
because if you don't you will have to go back to the lectern to make more.
I assume you want to go back there later to kill the elves, to know more about that,
read the part in 'extra information'.

The mithril dragon should be no problem at all,
just protect from melee and attack it. When the mage spawns, protect from magic. But watch out as it can still
deal quite some damage. Just keep an eye on your hitpoints and eat when needed, you should be fine.

When you finally killed the dragon and the mage, he will give you a clue scroll. Bank all your stuff (it's in the wilderness!) and bring the clue scroll
and a spade (as you have to dig up an item). The spot where you have to dig is east of wilderness agility course.
To be exact here:

The X represents the location you will be teleported to after
going through the pk portal located next to the bank at home, and selecting
the wilderness agility course
now represents where to dig.

Try some different spots as you have to dig on the exact location. When you do it correct,
you should receive another clue scroll. It says something about 'the one who is afraid of the light protects the korasi sword'.

The vampire is meant with that description. He is located in his coffin under Draynor manor.
The Draynor manor is located here:

The X represents the location you will be teleported to after clicking the
Lumbridge teleport, which can be found in your spellbook under 'cities'

Go inside and down the stairs. Click his coffin and he will come out and attack you.
He is really easy and shouldn't be an issue for you. I protected from melee prayer and
I did not get hit once, so I recommend you do the same. You wont have to bring any food.

When you kill him you will receive the korasi sword! But don't be happy already,
because you still have to finish the quest. You will not be able to use the Korasi sword in combat outside of the quest before you have finished it.

The last part of the quest is actually the hardest part. You have to kill the Superportal. To go face the superportal,
take the boat that would normally start a game of pest control. The korasi sword is the only weapon that can harm the superportal, so don't bother bringing anything
besides korasi sword and good melee armor, preferably bandos. If you can't afford bandos, melee barrows
armors will also do the job.

NOTE! Max (Pk Irl) Told me that there is an easier way of doing the superportal. However I have not been able to test it yet. According to him you can run all the way to the left, then all the way to the right and the spinners and all the other monsters will stop spawning. Do this when the fight with the superportal begins.
Thanks to Max for this added information.

However if you feel like doing it without that 'glitch' and want a bit of a challenge,
This is how to:

The portal has a total of 2000 hitpoints. Whenever you hit the superportal, pest control monsters will spawn.
There are melee, ranged and magic monsters included, so pretty much all forms of combat. During the fight use
protect pray from magic attacks. As you will be using melee and melee gear. I tried using protect from melee and range,
but i experienced getting hit a lot more than with protect from magic pray on.

NOTE as this is important, spinners will also be spawned. Spinners heal the portal, but not (much) as long as you will
be fast with killing them. Attack them as soon as they spawn to keep them from healing the portal.

For your inventory I really recommend using the overload + sarabrews combination. Overload your stats to the max, and then you
can use sara brews without having the drop of your stats. (your stats will drop but basically immediately reset back to the max).
Just keep an eye on your stats, overload runs out. When overload does in fact run out, you have to use a new dosis, else you can't
heal using the sara brews without getting a stat drop. Remember that you will be hit with 10, five times. So pick a smart moment, just
don't wait too long.

If you do all this, you should be able to kill the superportal. Although it will still not be a very easy fight.

When you killed the superportal, the quest will automatically be completed. Congratulations!

Extra information

If you were to lose your korasi sword, you can get a new one at the squire in
the middle of the pest control island. It will cost you 1000 PkHonor points and 150 Pest control points though.

If you followed my advice, you took some extra tabs while you were on crash island.
You can now go back to crash island to kill the elves. They attack (as weird as it may sound)
with melee attacks. So if you want to protect pray, protect from melee. But it is not needed as
they do not high or very often. Do actually bring some food (and stat boosting potions if you want
to kill them faster).

The elves drop several adamant parts, dragon med helms, dragon scimitars, green teamcapes,
blue teamcapes, rune 2h swords and last but not least, full crystal bows. The crystal bow can be used as a pretty
good ranged weapon, or can be high alched for 150m. You may even be lucky to find a buyer who is willing to pay the price
of 300m. I usually high alch them as buyers are hard to find. If i would have to give a drop rate for crystal bows, I would have
to say that it is about 1/50. But that is just my own experience, and I have only done several trips since I have completed the quest.

Conclusion

This guide was entirely written and made by me. I made it for only one purpose, to help people
who are stuck on the Pest Invasion quest. Or for people who do not like figuring everything out themselves,
and just want to use a guide. Anyway, I hope this will help many PkHonor players in the future.
Also if there is any false info in my guide or you feel like i forgot something, let me know. Post or PM it.

Regards,

Pkomi

Please note: This guide was made by a user with the name of Pkomi ages ago on our old forums.
Last edited by Simon on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eowyn

Re: Pest Invasion Guide

Post by Eowyn » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Really good guide. It's very thorough and easy to understand.

Maybe after I max out as a skiller I will do all the quests & then return to being a skiller :)
Éowyn of Rohan

Newgen123
Premium Donator

Post by Newgen123 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:05 pm

One quick fix Blamish snail slime, not snake am I right?

Too known

Post by Too known » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Great guide but very long lol!!!!!!!!!

Too Known
:) Have a good day

Sickle
Forum Addict

Post by Sickle » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:27 pm

This might turn out to be a TL;DR guide for some people but nice work!
There is only one.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 pm

May i suggest the teleport to taverly duegon to be from "Farming - Tree patch teleports - Taverly Patch". Much faster, but nice guide :)
ImageImage

Djpon3
Premium Donator

Post by Djpon3 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:45 pm

I zi i wrote:This might turn out to be a TL;DR guide for some people but nice work!
And so it did...

TL;DR indeed, TL;DR indeed.

Great job though.
Too good.

Koenenj
Novice

Post by Koenenj » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:16 am

good job

Fence 1155

Post by Fence 1155 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Great guide! Definitely will use this when I have the quest requirements!

Pure sters
Known Venturer

Post by Pure sters » Fri May 17, 2013 9:55 pm

thanks Simon, you helped me alot with this guide.
Achievements:
Owning Hbo with Sam [x]
See how Adam get unbanned [x]