Thieving & Construction - Efficient Skilling Guide

Raj
Developer

Re: Thieving & Construction - Efficient Skilling Guide

Post by Raj » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:52 pm

Church wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:24 pm I will explain since you guys need it. You attack it on an honor or an alt, it stays where it is to attack it, essentially the same as blocking it.
Yes, but without an honor, you can block it on a tile with your own character and use a bow without ammo to keep from misclicking attack, and then the gloves of silence keep it from attacking you while thieving. So I'm not sure it's a huge deal was the point, since you can replicate the setup but without an honor splashing it or whatever.

I can't tell what the point of explaining that is. Are you saying it shouldn't be allowed to use an honor to attack it? And why?

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:56 pm

Raj wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:52 pm
Church wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:24 pm I will explain since you guys need it. You attack it on an honor or an alt, it stays where it is to attack it, essentially the same as blocking it.
Yes, but without an honor, you can block it on a tile with your own character and use a bow without ammo to keep from misclicking attack, and then the gloves of silence keep it from attacking you while thieving. So I'm not sure it's a huge deal was the point, since you can replicate the setup but without an honor splashing it or whatever.

I can't tell what the point of explaining that is. Are you saying it shouldn't be allowed to use an honor to attack it? And why?
Okay.... I will try one more time.

We originally disallowed because they were made to move specifically to avoid ease of botting, blocking them back off completely went against the point of the update.

Now they can be attacked, essentially performing the same thing, making them stop moving, without having to "exploit" pathing mechanics.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Church wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:56 pm
Raj wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:52 pm

Okay.... I will try one more time.

We originally disallowed because they were made to move specifically to avoid ease of botting, blocking them back off completely went against the point of the update.

Now they can be attacked, essentially performing the same thing, making them stop moving, without having to "exploit" pathing mechanics.
Can we kill them to grief skillers?

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:22 pm

Church wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:56 pm Okay.... I will try one more time.

Ok, if the goal of making them attackable was to stop botting, that prevented nothing. You can wear a crossbow without bolts and attacking is disabled. I don't see why it matters if someone is splashing with their honor. If we're going to ban that, we need to ban using a bow without bolts there. Which would be undeniably overreach

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:20 am

Raj wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:22 pm
Church wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:56 pm Okay.... I will try one more time.

Ok, if the goal of making them attackable was to stop botting, that prevented nothing. You can wear a crossbow without bolts and attacking is disabled. I don't see why it matters if someone is splashing with their honor. If we're going to ban that, we need to ban using a bow without bolts there. Which would be undeniably overreach
Bro I just don't understand how to explain this. It's fine now... it's not against the rules....

Kash

Post by Kash » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:03 am

Bump.

For those going for 200m or 2B Thieving xp this weekend!!!

Check out the most efficient way of getting dat xp~
Image <-- Click Here!