Nex Guide (Ranged Safespot)

Raj
Developer

Nex Guide (Ranged Safespot)

Post by Raj » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:45 am

Important timestamps are 0:30 and 6:00.

Was in morph for this because Pkhonor Pals (#1 CC on Pkh) was having a small event and meleeing. Expect the times to vary depending on your gear, how often your ruby bolts spec, and if you're doing this solo or duo (wouldn't recommend with 3, the timing is difficult).

This works well on ironman, hide behind the old man on the last phase

Oh and don't use my inventory for solos, the ratios were meant for meleeing with 2+.

Will be ok
Premium Donator

Re: Nex Guide (Ranged Safespot)

Post by Will be ok » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:23 am

Great guide! PkHonor pals #1!

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Post by Fe nis » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:00 am

Seventeen whole minutes for a single Nex kill, pretty much used the same amount of supplies as you would've done for a normal kill just by dragging it out for so long? Confused.

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 am

Nisfara wrote:Seventeen whole minutes for a single Nex kill, pretty much used the same amount of supplies as you would've done for a normal kill just by dragging it out for so long? Confused.
PKH's finest!

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:06 am

Cancerstick wrote:
Nisfara wrote:Seventeen whole minutes for a single Nex kill, pretty much used the same amount of supplies as you would've done for a normal kill just by dragging it out for so long? Confused.
PKH's finest!
Can one of you fine gentlemen please go actually time a melee kill in morph realm? AFAIK it's 10-15 minutes, and this guide is aimed at people without a souls whip, killing nex solo. Obviously there are faster methods if you choose to ignore the fact that the amount of damage you take is actually somewhat relevant when you don't have certain gear.

Its flat
Known Venturer

Post by Its flat » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Thanks for the guide, this is cool. Since nex isn't hitting you, is the kiteshield necessary? Maybe odium would be better?

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Post by Fe nis » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Every single kill I do is melee, on my ironman I still have zero custom whips - my killtimes range from 5-7 minutes every single time? The amount of damage you take is pretty much irrelevant seeing as, like I said - you used the same amount of supplies as I would for a normal kill, simply because your method took so long.

So essentially all this method actually does is extend your killtime by 10 minutes without any real benefit, as you are still using up your supplies in the same quantity due to the length of time you spend in the encounter, rather than using them at a high frequency due to taking damage.

No offence intended, of course, I'm just trying to figure out whether this is actually beneficial to people or if it's just a niche way of going for a shit during your nex kills.

Taylor gang
Premium Donator

Post by Taylor gang » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:20 am

Nisfara wrote:Every single kill I do is melee, on my ironman I still have zero custom whips - my killtimes range from 5-7 minutes every single time? The amount of damage you take is pretty much irrelevant seeing as, like I said - you used the same amount of supplies as I would for a normal kill, simply because your method took so long.

So essentially all this method actually does is extend your killtime by 10 minutes without any real benefit, as you are still using up your supplies in the same quantity due to the length of time you spend in the encounter, rather than using them at a high frequency due to taking damage.

No offence intended, of course, I'm just trying to figure out whether this is actually beneficial to people or if it's just a niche way of going for a shit during your nex kills.
You also have full torca and better gear as he said this is based around people with less than ideal gear also. You don’t do your kills in morph when you do your 5-7 minute kills so do a kill where you don’t bring overloads and that will give you a more accurate time on what he went through I’m sure it would be more or less 12-15 minute kills then. He would essentially take half that time to finish kills on normal which would mean less damage taken and more kills per trip.
As for @its flat, the Bandos kiteshield is beneficial for being able to get a chance at a ZGS drop from nex where you need to wear the shield as nex dies for the chance which is essentially an unreadable AGS that can be combined with another god sword and is quite good.

P v m life
Novice

Post by P v m life » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:30 pm

cool guide but melee is better

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:04 pm

sick guide . will be use full .