Kraken Video Guide

Whiprealgood
Premium Donator

Kraken Video Guide

Post by Whiprealgood » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:31 am

A video guide for kraken (7 Minutes) *Redone*

This shows a simple setup for kraken, shows how to get to kraken, how to kill kraken, and talks about some of the notable drops.

Check out my channel for tons of guides, more all the time!

As always, please PM me with any questions or requests!
Spoiler: show
Last edited by Whiprealgood on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my Youtube channel!

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Re: Kraken Video Guide

Post by Gethigh udie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:42 pm

A few pointers.
the slayer streak needed to receive the kraken task is only 3.
A super anti-poison, or even better a anti-venom+ for 12 mins of immunity to poison is recommended.
Also a quick way to kraken is Skilling teleports > Thieving > run south to the docks > Talk to the captain > Then you run west.
Overall nice work, I like the ambition and time you put into helping the community.

Whiprealgood
Premium Donator

Post by Whiprealgood » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Gethigh udie wrote:A few pointers.
the slayer streak needed to receive the kraken task is only 3.
A super anti-poison, or even better a anti-venom+ for 12 mins of immunity to poison is recommended.
Also a quick way to kraken is Skilling teleports > Thieving > run south to the docks > Talk to the captain > Then you run west.
Overall nice work, I like the ambition and time you put into helping the community.
The bit about anti-poison was easy to miss I didn't mention it until the actual kill. Though I did show both methods of getting to Kraken I should have started with the quicker one in hindsight. Yea I was waay off with the slayer streak, I still have much to learn! Thanks for the feedback man :D

Billyx
Honor Player

Post by Billyx » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:13 pm

I feel like this way kinda rushed. There's a lot of stuttering and you don't seem to know too much about the boss (Level to kill) etc, I feel as if this was an on the spot no script guide. When making a guide you should tend to have a script to refer to so there is no thinking of what to say. I just feel like with maybe 30 Mins of research and a little more time this could have been a great guide as you have a lot potential and generally an interesting commentator.

Whiprealgood
Premium Donator

Post by Whiprealgood » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31 am

Billyx wrote:I feel like this way kinda rushed. There's a lot of stuttering and you don't seem to know too much about the boss (Level to kill) etc, I feel as if this was an on the spot no script guide. When making a guide you should tend to have a script to refer to so there is no thinking of what to say. I just feel like with maybe 30 Mins of research and a little more time this could have been a great guide as you have a lot potential and generally an interesting commentator.
You're 100% right. I'll be doing the guide again tomorrow, this one was rushed and not the quality I should ever release. I'm a tad ashamed of this one but i'm going to see the positive side and see that this is a learning oppertunity. I have so much to learn, I truly appreciate the feeback! Thank you for taking the time to be honest.

Billyx
Honor Player

Post by Billyx » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Whiprealgood wrote:
Billyx wrote:I feel like this way kinda rushed. There's a lot of stuttering and you don't seem to know too much about the boss (Level to kill) etc, I feel as if this was an on the spot no script guide. When making a guide you should tend to have a script to refer to so there is no thinking of what to say. I just feel like with maybe 30 Mins of research and a little more time this could have been a great guide as you have a lot potential and generally an interesting commentator.
You're 100% right. I'll be doing the guide again tomorrow, this one was rushed and not the quality I should ever release. I'm a tad ashamed of this one but i'm going to see the positive side and see that this is a learning oppertunity. I have so much to learn, I truly appreciate the feeback! Thank you for taking the time to be honest.
No problem man, I see a lot of potential in you and feel with some honest feedback that you will learn from this and make some amazing videos.

Ps. the new guide was a lot better! Well done.