Price Change Suggestions.

All player-run services are to be posted here. You must have at least 50 posts to create topics here.
Forum rules
Using services is entirely at your own risk. Don't give your login details to someone you don't trust!
Please use tags in the topic title to indicate what kind of trade you are looking for. For example:

[REQ] Quest Service

Services that get a lot of negativity, show no effort or are inactive for three weeks will be locked and archived.
If your topic was moved before you were done with it, PM a staff member to have it unarchived.
Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Postby Tezey » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Tezey wrote:My bad, thought that was only for brawlers.

Nope, it applies to every single store. The current shop price for impling jars is fixed at 2.3K. I'm not entirely sure why you would want to set the value to 80-110K if there's a fully stocked shop that sells them for 2.3K each. Seems to me that could only be used to trick people into getting scammed.

What about alch prices then? If the shop is 2.3k and ::prices says something else we have a problem?
Image

Head Wiki Editor
User avatar
Posts: 4848
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 pm
Location: Lithuania.

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Postby Jonas » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Tezey wrote:
Rapsey wrote:
Tezey wrote:My bad, thought that was only for brawlers.

Nope, it applies to every single store. The current shop price for impling jars is fixed at 2.3K. I'm not entirely sure why you would want to set the value to 80-110K if there's a fully stocked shop that sells them for 2.3K each. Seems to me that could only be used to trick people into getting scammed.

What about alch prices then? If the shop is 2.3k and ::prices says something else we have a problem?

Alch prices are based on ::prices, so shop prices have nothing to do with it.

It's 0.6x the ::prices.
Image

Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Postby Tezey » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Jonas wrote:Alch prices are based on ::prices, so shop prices have nothing to do with it.

It's 0.6x the ::prices.

Meaning that if shop prices say 1M and ::prices say 2M you can buy from shop and alch for 1.2M and make profit.
Image

Sysadmin
User avatar
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Postby Rapsey » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Tezey wrote:
Jonas wrote:Alch prices are based on ::prices, so shop prices have nothing to do with it.

It's 0.6x the ::prices.

Meaning that if shop prices say 1M and ::prices say 2M you can buy from shop and alch for 1.2M and make profit.

No. If you alch an item that is sold in a shop you will never receive more than 60% of the shop price, regardless of how expensive it is in ::prices. If it's sold in multiple shops for different prices then the lowest shop price counts. Obviously the same logic applies to the junk store. Would've been a pretty bad dupe otherwise. ;)

Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 7446
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Postby Ruler » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:41 am

Rapsey wrote:
Tezey wrote:
Jonas wrote:Alch prices are based on ::prices, so shop prices have nothing to do with it.

It's 0.6x the ::prices.

Meaning that if shop prices say 1M and ::prices say 2M you can buy from shop and alch for 1.2M and make profit.

No. If you alch an item that is sold in a shop you will never receive more than 60% of the shop price, regardless of how expensive it is in ::prices. If it's sold in multiple shops for different prices then the lowest shop price counts. Obviously the same logic applies to the junk store. Would've been a pretty bad dupe otherwise. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=64578
According to this that is false, it is still based on the prices value. What you say sounds logic, but from the other hand, if you can buy it for that cheap from shops and the price value is that high, wouldn't it be normal that it's 60% of the street value? These things are bought for much more because you can only buy 27 per inventory, and people need thousands for hunter.

Head Wiki Editor
User avatar
Posts: 4848
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 pm
Location: Lithuania.

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Postby Jonas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:16 am

Sverre wrote:viewtopic.php?f=67&t=64578
According to this that is false, it is still based on the prices value. What you say sounds logic, but from the other hand, if you can buy it for that cheap from shops and the price value is that high, wouldn't it be normal that it's 60% of the street value? These things are bought for much more because you can only buy 27 per inventory, and people need thousands for hunter.

Yeah, also who's going to alch Impling jars for 30k profit per 1. it takes like 3 seconds to alch one, which is 36M an hour lol.
Image

Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Postby Tezey » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:25 am

Sverre wrote:viewtopic.php?f=67&t=64578
According to this that is false, it is still based on the prices value. What you say sounds logic, but from the other hand, if you can buy it for that cheap from shops and the price value is that high, wouldn't it be normal that it's 60% of the street value? These things are bought for much more because you can only buy 27 per inventory, and people need thousands for hunter.

Rapsey is right. That thread is about kingly imps, which as far as I know can't be bought from any shops.
Image

Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 7446
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:13 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Postby Ruler » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:55 am

Tezey wrote:
Sverre wrote:viewtopic.php?f=67&t=64578
According to this that is false, it is still based on the prices value. What you say sounds logic, but from the other hand, if you can buy it for that cheap from shops and the price value is that high, wouldn't it be normal that it's 60% of the street value? These things are bought for much more because you can only buy 27 per inventory, and people need thousands for hunter.

Rapsey is right. That thread is about kingly imps, which as far as I know can't be bought from any shops.

Nvm I'm an idiot, but the point still stands that high alch price is based on ::prices and not shop value (according to Jonas).

Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Postby Tezey » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Sverre wrote:but the point still stands that high alch price is based on ::prices and not shop value (according to Jonas).

I just missproved that, Law rune costs 2000 gp from the shops, the ::prices say 4000gp-8000gp. This means that I would get 2400gp if alch was based of ::prices and 1200gp if they were like Rapsey said. I got 1200gp.
Image

Sysadmin
User avatar
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Postby Rapsey » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:00 pm

Jonas wrote:
Sverre wrote:viewtopic.php?f=67&t=64578
According to this that is false, it is still based on the prices value. What you say sounds logic, but from the other hand, if you can buy it for that cheap from shops and the price value is that high, wouldn't it be normal that it's 60% of the street value? These things are bought for much more because you can only buy 27 per inventory, and people need thousands for hunter.

Yeah, also who's going to alch Impling jars for 30k profit per 1. it takes like 3 seconds to alch one, which is 36M an hour lol.

That's a terrible idea. You can't just rely on the specifics of this one item and decide that it is not a dupe because you can't currently abuse it fast enough. Max 27 at a time right now, but if I'm not mistaken Mike is going to change it so you can buy the noted/stackable version in the shop. 30K profit each right now, but a few months from now the price could be changed to something else entirely.

The system is the way it is as a safeguard to prevent all possible shop2alch dupes, for every single item, for every possible price staff could set in the future. I don't see a single reason why players should be able to alch things from shops for a profit, regardless of how measly the profit is. The fact that it's possible at all makes it dangerous.

Sverre wrote:Nvm I'm an idiot, but the point still stands that high alch price is based on ::prices and not shop value (according to Jonas).

I didn't say the alch price was simply based on the shop price. It works the same way it always has: alch price is based on ::prices. The only new thing: if the item is sold in a shop there will be a maximum imposed on the alch value (60% of lowest shop price). Or to put it in other words: if there is a shop price that is lower than the item price then the shop price will be used, but only if the shop price is lower. For example:

- Shop price is 10M, ::prices is 100M -> alch value is 60M, alch limit is 6M -> you get 6M
- Shop price is 1M, ::prices is 100K -> alch value is 60K, alch limit is 600K -> you get 60K

So the value you get isn't calculated from the shop price, only the upper limit for it is. It works that way because it's only intended as a safeguard to prevent dupes from being accidentally introduced by changing an item price.

PreviousNext

Return to Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests