Price Change Suggestions.

All player-run services are to be posted here. You must have at least 50 posts to create topics here.
Forum rules
Using services is at your own risk. Don't give your login details to someone you don't trust!
To get staff protection for your service please post your agreement here using the mandatory format.

Please use tags in the topic title to indicate what kind of trade you are looking for. For example:

[REQ] Quest Service

Services that get a lot of negativity, show no effort or are inactive for three weeks will be locked and archived.
If your topic was moved before you were done with it, PM a staff member to have it unarchived.
Jumping bug
Honor Player

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Post by Jumping bug » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:39 am

Raj wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:19 am
Jumping bug wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:55 pm Why not have someone specific deal with prices or a small select few who are dedicated to updating fair prices for the server instead of just casually having staff do it when they see something?

Everyone has aspects of the game they are really into. Merching, staking, pvm, pking, collecting, socializing... etc.

Allow players who are passionate about items and prices to do what they love and are good at to deal with something like this.

Staff members should still have oversight in approving or denying price suggestions but don't reserve suggesting new updated fair prices exclusively for staff members only.
If staff members still have oversight, then that's basically what this thread is
If this thread was enough then I don't think the prices would be having the issue they're currently having to be fair.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:18 pm

Jumping bug wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:39 am
Raj wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:19 am
Jumping bug wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:55 pm Why not have someone specific deal with prices or a small select few who are dedicated to updating fair prices for the server instead of just casually having staff do it when they see something?

Everyone has aspects of the game they are really into. Merching, staking, pvm, pking, collecting, socializing... etc.

Allow players who are passionate about items and prices to do what they love and are good at to deal with something like this.

Staff members should still have oversight in approving or denying price suggestions but don't reserve suggesting new updated fair prices exclusively for staff members only.
If staff members still have oversight, then that's basically what this thread is
If this thread was enough then I don't think the prices would be having the issue they're currently having to be fair.
I never said it’s enough, I’m saying, this thread is the implementation of your idea, assuming staff have oversight.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:34 pm

Church wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:43 am Ryan's done some discussing with Mike on the guidelines we follow when updating prices so we will be spending this weekend working to try to push through as many valid price changes as we can. There's already a good few suggestions but if you want to suggest more now is the time.

Don't add discontinueds to your lists as those prices will be not be considered for a price change at this time and will have to be looked at in the future

All prices will have to match information we can find in the logs to a degree but thanks to your friendly neighborhood staff manager Ryan we'll be as flexible as possible to get things as up to date as possible.
We have discontinued items on pkhonor? Thanks for the clarification :thumbsup: :prayge:
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:18 am

Steads 25b seems a bit low.

Dragon thrownaxes at 1500 gp each is a little low.

desert robes boots 17 gp ea, low

shade robes too low

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:50 pm

Iron adam wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:51 am Image

These items are all still 1 gp and need to be updated:
  • Spiked Manacles
  • Climbing Boots (g)
  • Cabbage round shield
  • All Mithril (g) items
  • All Mithril (t) items
  • All Crier Pieces
  • Black Wizard (t) and (g) hat and robe bottoms
  • Monk Robes (g)
These Items need prices updated:
  • All Blessings - 10m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Bronze (t) and (g) items - 10m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Iron (t) and (g) items - 20m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Ale of the Gods - 1B is still too low compared to actual street price.
  • All zenyte related items (shard, uncut, cut, unenchanted jewelries, enchanted jewelries, imbued suffering)
  • Imbued God Capes (noted and unnoted versions dont match)
  • Tome of Fire
  • Ring Imbue Scroll
  • All Imbued Rings
  • Serp/Magma Jar/Blowpipes
  • Inquisitor's items and set
  • Silver Ore - 50k
  • Silver Bar - 50k
  • Armadyl Grapple - At least 200m
  • Nightmare staves and respective orbs
  • All Raids 1 and 2 items should be checked. From what I hear, a lot are inaccurate.
Still waiting on about half of these. Also, I thought it would go without saying, but... the items in a clue set should all be the same price. Doesn't make sense that Mithril plateskirt (g) is 1B, Mithril platelegs (g) is 200M, and Mithril kiteshield (g) is 1 gp. People are going to pay roughly the same amount for a given item in a clue set, especially since they all have the same drop rate.

I'm giving you 10 days before I apply for staff and do it myself.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:47 pm

Iron adam wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:50 pm
Iron adam wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:51 am Image

These items are all still 1 gp and need to be updated:
  • Spiked Manacles
  • Climbing Boots (g)
  • Cabbage round shield
  • All Mithril (g) items
  • All Mithril (t) items
  • All Crier Pieces
  • Black Wizard (t) and (g) hat and robe bottoms
  • Monk Robes (g)
These Items need prices updated:
  • All Blessings - 10m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Bronze (t) and (g) items - 10m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Iron (t) and (g) items - 20m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Ale of the Gods - 1B is still too low compared to actual street price.
  • All zenyte related items (shard, uncut, cut, unenchanted jewelries, enchanted jewelries, imbued suffering)
  • Imbued God Capes (noted and unnoted versions dont match)
  • Tome of Fire
  • Ring Imbue Scroll
  • All Imbued Rings
  • Serp/Magma Jar/Blowpipes
  • Inquisitor's items and set
  • Silver Ore - 50k
  • Silver Bar - 50k
  • Armadyl Grapple - At least 200m
  • Nightmare staves and respective orbs
  • All Raids 1 and 2 items should be checked. From what I hear, a lot are inaccurate.
Still waiting on about half of these. Also, I thought it would go without saying, but... the items in a clue set should all be the same price. Doesn't make sense that Mithril plateskirt (g) is 1B, Mithril platelegs (g) is 200M, and Mithril kiteshield (g) is 1 gp. People are going to pay roughly the same amount for a given item in a clue set, especially since they all have the same drop rate.

I'm giving you 10 days before I apply for staff and do it myself.
i've been getting through them in bunches, I've had a lot of stuff going on keeping me away from my PC, but I am getting through them I promise.

Nilsconny
Premium Donator

Post by Nilsconny » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:39 pm

Eternal gem is 500m
Slayer ring (eternal) is 12m

let me bring it to wildy :)

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:20 pm

Nilsconny wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:39 pm Eternal gem is 500m
Slayer ring (eternal) is 12m

let me bring it to wildy :)
slayer ring goes to refund box regardless of the price I M O

Khilla
Senior Moderator

Post by Khilla » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:46 am

Item - current price - suggested price - reasoning
Long bone - 22m - 100m - never see this traded for much below 100m
Ancient repair kit - 70m - 10m - these crashed hard with the Nex changes, and the addition of the kits to the brimstone chest
Dharok set - 785m - 1b - update to better reflect current street price
Dharok pieces - 195m/200m - 225m - standardise value for the dh pieces
Ahrim set - 275m - 500m - update to better reflect current street price
Ahrim pieces - 37.5m/100m - 50m/150m - update to better reflect current street price
Karil set - 180m - 300m - update to better reflect current street price
Karil pieces - 30m/32.5m/67.5m/50m - 40m/40m/100m/100m - update to better reflect current street price
Rocktail (cooked) - 212k - 150k - update to better reflect current street price
Living minerals - 150k - 100k - since rocktail price is lower, lowering this price so fishing them is still profitable
Dark crab (cooked) - 200k - 150k - junk store item, price is tied to rocktail price so lowering as well

Dark totem - 300k - 30m - finished totem is worth 1% of sum of the individual pieces, seems odd considering they're all untradeable
OR
Dark totem pieces - 10m - 100k - same reasoning as above

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:23 am

Khilla wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:46 am Item - current price - suggested price - reasoning
Long bone - 22m - 100m - never see this traded for much below 100m
Ancient repair kit - 70m - 10m - these crashed hard with the Nex changes, and the addition of the kits to the brimstone chest
Dharok set - 785m - 1b - update to better reflect current street price
Dharok pieces - 195m/200m - 225m - standardise value for the dh pieces
Ahrim set - 275m - 500m - update to better reflect current street price
Ahrim pieces - 37.5m/100m - 50m/150m - update to better reflect current street price
Karil set - 180m - 300m - update to better reflect current street price
Karil pieces - 30m/32.5m/67.5m/50m - 40m/40m/100m/100m - update to better reflect current street price
Rocktail (cooked) - 212k - 150k - update to better reflect current street price
Living minerals - 150k - 100k - since rocktail price is lower, lowering this price so fishing them is still profitable
Dark crab (cooked) - 200k - 150k - junk store item, price is tied to rocktail price so lowering as well

Dark totem - 300k - 30m - finished totem is worth 1% of sum of the individual pieces, seems odd considering they're all untradeable
OR
Dark totem pieces - 10m - 100k - same reasoning as above
I thought the same suggestion for Dharok price as well for a long time but over time, I noticed that Dharok prices for some reason fluctuate from 500m-1.25b in stages from what I could tell over the past few years. I would caution a drastic price update on these and use the ge data to support an accurate change on these.

Won't lowering the living mineral cost only lower the rocktail cost as well? I feel like the 150k living mineral cost is the only reason the rocktails prices aren't lower than they already are.

I agree with the rest, especially dark crabs (cooked version). Perhaps lower the amount that are dropped from npc's. Seems a bit obsessive the amounts that are being sold to junk store.

Thank you for the updates Ryan! Woohoo progress! Side note, It would be kind of cool to see what the most recent price changes are. Any chance this could be logged somewhere? Often times, new items and new prices are just added without warning or any notice.