Price Change Suggestions.

All player-run services are to be posted here. You must have at least 50 posts to create topics here.
Forum rules
Using services is at your own risk. Don't give your login details to someone you don't trust!
To get staff protection for your service please post your agreement here using the mandatory format.

Please use tags in the topic title to indicate what kind of trade you are looking for. For example:

[REQ] Quest Service

Services that get a lot of negativity, show no effort or are inactive for three weeks will be locked and archived.
If your topic was moved before you were done with it, PM a staff member to have it unarchived.
Church
Premium Donator

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Post by Church » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:59 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:56 pm
Church wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:43 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:36 pm

Tell me, if we can only sell a tbow for 10b max in the GE, would you tell people to throw their tbow in G.E for 10b "to better know the price"?
I'm the wrong person to talk to about the prices that the GE allows you to buy and sell things for. If you don't like that system suggest it be changed in the proper section on the forums. Staff has instructions on how and when to change prices and we've gotta follow them.
I already raised the price a little so the maximum price in the GE increases
There's doing things by the book and there's using common sense. You think Adam or anyone else has a bunch of ale of the gods stocked up to make a quick profit? :pogo:
we can't just say "well I'm pretty sure it will be worth x so I'll just set it there."
Devs guesstimate when adding new items and they're very conservative about pricing at first which is the right thing to do. The thread is here to suggest prices and now there's already 3 people including an ex admin who still cares about the game saying its roughly 5b. But the question isn't to raise the price to 5b. The question is to raise the price to 500m so it can be sold at 5b in the GE while covering everyone's ass in case we all turn out to be scammers and manipulators and we just wanted the alch value to be high to make a profit.
Once we have some legit GE sales the price can be finetuned even more.
The answer is no. (unless Rapsey informs me differently than the last time I asked him) I manually checked every single trade ever done with the ale of the gods to try to find just cause to set a price. There simply have not been enough transactions.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:00 pm

Church wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:59 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:56 pm
Church wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:43 pm

I'm the wrong person to talk to about the prices that the GE allows you to buy and sell things for. If you don't like that system suggest it be changed in the proper section on the forums. Staff has instructions on how and when to change prices and we've gotta follow them.
I already raised the price a little so the maximum price in the GE increases
There's doing things by the book and there's using common sense. You think Adam or anyone else has a bunch of ale of the gods stocked up to make a quick profit? :pogo:
we can't just say "well I'm pretty sure it will be worth x so I'll just set it there."
Devs guesstimate when adding new items and they're very conservative about pricing at first which is the right thing to do. The thread is here to suggest prices and now there's already 3 people including an ex admin who still cares about the game saying its roughly 5b. But the question isn't to raise the price to 5b. The question is to raise the price to 500m so it can be sold at 5b in the GE while covering everyone's ass in case we all turn out to be scammers and manipulators and we just wanted the alch value to be high to make a profit.
Once we have some legit GE sales the price can be finetuned even more.
The answer is no. I manually checked every single trade ever done with the ale of the gods to try to find just cause to set a price. There simply have not been enough transactions.
Man... Maybe there haven't been enough transactions exactly because the ::prices price is so ridiculously low that people would think ur scamming if you put it in the trade screen...

Tell me, do you think pkh is going to descend into anarchy if ale of the gods is 500m?

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:03 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:00 pm
Tell me, do you think pkh is going to descend into anarchy if ale of the gods is 500m?
Yes.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:04 pm

Church wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:03 pm
Yes.
:areyoukiddingme:

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:09 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:04 pm
Yes.
I had this discussion at length with Rapsey once over the price of the black pickaxe. Items that are clearly worth more than their ::prices suggest but that are so rarely traded or sold over the GE or staked.

I raised it a bit to help the price in the GE, and maybe I can raise it a small amount more, but as far as trying to set the price to something "accurate", we've gotten pretty clear instructions to not to do that until we have a fairly long list of transactions no matter what price we "feel" is fair.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:20 pm

Church wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:09 pm

Yes.
I had this discussion at length with Rapsey once over the price of the black pickaxe. Items that are clearly worth more than their ::prices suggest but that are so rarely traded or sold over the GE or staked.

I raised it a bit to help the price in the GE, and maybe I can raise it a small amount more, but as far as trying to set the price to something "accurate", we've gotten pretty clear instructions to not to do that until we have a fairly long list of transactions no matter what price we "feel" is fair.
500m is way below the price it will ever have unless someone figures out a way to dupe master caskets and allows for some margin with anyone interested in merching these or buying them at a really good offer. What could possibly be the downside raising the price aside from not having stuck to a principle that is so rarely needed? A principle which can already be argued with btw. People are not buying/selling exactly because the ::prices say they're worthless, which allows for people to more easily manipulate a price history.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:36 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:20 pm

500m is way below the price it will ever have unless someone figures out a way to dupe master caskets and allows for some margin with anyone interested in merching these or buying them at a really good offer. What could possibly be the downside raising the price aside from not having stuck to a principle that is so rarely needed? A principle which can already be argued with btw. People are not buying/selling exactly because the ::prices say they're worthless, which allows for people to more easily manipulate a price history.
I think you keep missing that I've said that we have been given relatively specific rules on how and when to change prices. I am both unwilling and unable to just ignore those instructions.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:06 pm

Church wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:36 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:20 pm

I think you keep missing that I've said that we have been given relatively specific rules on how and when to change prices. I am both unwilling and unable to just ignore those instructions.
You're just being difficult though. The GE price of the item was 10-12m. The community is saying that its actual price is 5B. I suggested you increase it to 500M so that we can see if it will actively trade in the GE for 5B or some other price. 500M is obviously way on the low side based on other items from Master Clues. If the price point that it is set to does not contain the street value in its allowable range, then it wont be traded in the GE and we will never learn its price.

There are no specific rules on price changes or anything staff does. There are guidelines and you are well within your right to use common sense and good judgement to make a decision that will benefit the community. It is ridiculous that the conversation has even had to go this far on something so simple.

Please tell me what the legitimate downside to setting the price to 500M would be.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:00 am

Church wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:59 pm
Iron adam wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:09 pm
Church wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:33 am

if no one trades in ge and we don't know price how we supposed to know what to set it
bro stop trolling. its a 1 in 50 drop from master clues. Compare the the music cape which is a 1 in 50 drop at 4B. Just increase the price to 500m so people can start trading it in the GE and we can know what the actual price is.
Other way around. Start trading it in the GE so we know what the price is.
Church brother, are you okay? Hit your head this morning?

Surely you know how the g.e works... or atleast I'd hope you do anyway.

Pm me if you wanna know I can talk you through it at your own pace

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:53 am

For an item such as "Bones". It's not commonly traded through the grand exchange or via trade. If I start selling them to friends for 1m each bone, will staff raise the price of bones to 1m each? At what point does common sense play a factor? Are we just going off of sales data?