Price Change Suggestions.

All player-run services are to be posted here. You must have at least 50 posts to create topics here.
Forum rules
Using services is at your own risk. Don't give your login details to someone you don't trust!
To get staff protection for your service please post your agreement here using the mandatory format.

Please use tags in the topic title to indicate what kind of trade you are looking for. For example:

[REQ] Quest Service

Services that get a lot of negativity, show no effort or are inactive for three weeks will be locked and archived.
If your topic was moved before you were done with it, PM a staff member to have it unarchived.
Ryan
Staff Manager

Re: Price Change Suggestions.

Post by Ryan » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:39 am

Jumping bug wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:23 am
Khilla wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:46 am Item - current price - suggested price - reasoning
Long bone - 22m - 100m - never see this traded for much below 100m
Ancient repair kit - 70m - 10m - these crashed hard with the Nex changes, and the addition of the kits to the brimstone chest
Dharok set - 785m - 1b - update to better reflect current street price
Dharok pieces - 195m/200m - 225m - standardise value for the dh pieces
Ahrim set - 275m - 500m - update to better reflect current street price
Ahrim pieces - 37.5m/100m - 50m/150m - update to better reflect current street price
Karil set - 180m - 300m - update to better reflect current street price
Karil pieces - 30m/32.5m/67.5m/50m - 40m/40m/100m/100m - update to better reflect current street price
Rocktail (cooked) - 212k - 150k - update to better reflect current street price
Living minerals - 150k - 100k - since rocktail price is lower, lowering this price so fishing them is still profitable
Dark crab (cooked) - 200k - 150k - junk store item, price is tied to rocktail price so lowering as well

Dark totem - 300k - 30m - finished totem is worth 1% of sum of the individual pieces, seems odd considering they're all untradeable
OR
Dark totem pieces - 10m - 100k - same reasoning as above
I thought the same suggestion for Dharok price as well for a long time but over time, I noticed that Dharok prices for some reason fluctuate from 500m-1.25b in stages from what I could tell over the past few years. I would caution a drastic price update on these and use the ge data to support an accurate change on these.

Won't lowering the living mineral cost only lower the rocktail cost as well? I feel like the 150k living mineral cost is the only reason the rocktails prices aren't lower than they already are.

I agree with the rest, especially dark crabs (cooked version). Perhaps lower the amount that are dropped from npc's. Seems a bit obsessive the amounts that are being sold to junk store.

Thank you for the updates Ryan! Woohoo progress! Side note, It would be kind of cool to see what the most recent price changes are. Any chance this could be logged somewhere? Often times, new items and new prices are just added without warning or any notice.

When you say "logged somewhere" do you mean a post detailing every price change? I mean, we could do it.. but with the massive amount of stuff everyone wants suggested, it'd take hours to individually type out the changes we approve. I mean, it could happen.. but is it worth the huge effort it would be?

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:46 am

Ryan wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:39 am
When you say "logged somewhere" do you mean a post detailing every price change? I mean, we could do it.. but with the massive amount of stuff everyone wants suggested, it'd take hours to individually type out the changes we approve. I mean, it could happen.. but is it worth the huge effort it would be?
I think new items being introduced can be done manually without issue. However, with price changes, is there not a way to automate it? Once price updates are voted on, and then approved by the staff team, can those approvals be automatically released publicly?

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:10 am

Jumping bug wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:46 am
Ryan wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:39 am
I think new items being introduced can be done manually without issue. However, with price changes, is there not a way to automate it? Once price updates are voted on, and then approved by the staff team, can those approvals be automatically released publicly?
Something like that could definitely be done in theory. Rapsey would probably be the one who implements this so it'd need to fit in his schedule & he'd need to find it worthwhile. It might be one of those things that takes too much effort for minimal gain depending on how stuff is implemented. Dunno. Might be a good idea to make this an actual suggestion.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:44 am

Iron adam wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:50 pm
Iron adam wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:51 am Image

These items are all still 1 gp and need to be updated:
  • Spiked Manacles
  • Climbing Boots (g)
  • Cabbage round shield
  • All Mithril (g) items
  • All Mithril (t) items
  • All Crier Pieces
  • Black Wizard (t) and (g) hat and robe bottoms
  • Monk Robes (g)
These Items need prices updated:
  • All Blessings - 10m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Bronze (t) and (g) items - 10m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Iron (t) and (g) items - 20m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Ale of the Gods - 1B is still too low compared to actual street price.
  • All zenyte related items (shard, uncut, cut, unenchanted jewelries, enchanted jewelries, imbued suffering)
  • Imbued God Capes (noted and unnoted versions dont match)
  • Tome of Fire
  • Ring Imbue Scroll
  • All Imbued Rings
  • Serp/Magma Jar/Blowpipes
  • Inquisitor's items and set
  • Silver Ore - 50k
  • Silver Bar - 50k
  • Armadyl Grapple - At least 200m
  • Nightmare staves and respective orbs
  • All Raids 1 and 2 items should be checked. From what I hear, a lot are inaccurate.
Still waiting on about half of these. Also, I thought it would go without saying, but... the items in a clue set should all be the same price. Doesn't make sense that Mithril plateskirt (g) is 1B, Mithril platelegs (g) is 200M, and Mithril kiteshield (g) is 1 gp. People are going to pay roughly the same amount for a given item in a clue set, especially since they all have the same drop rate.

I'm giving you 10 days before I apply for staff and do it myself.

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:51 am

Ryan is trying really hard to do all this Adam, how about you show some respect for Ryan and be patient.

Love you Ryan

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:35 pm

Jumping bug wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:51 am Ryan is trying really hard to do all this Adam, how about you show some respect for Ryan and be patient.

Love you Ryan
There is an entire staff team that is able to propose and approve new prices. It has been well over a month since most of these items have been brought to the attention of the staff team. The clue items were released 6 months ago.

It is about a total of 30 minutes to an hour of work with the systems the staff team has. I am not being disrespectful. These are just things that the community needs to be done. This would be a great opportunity for some of the new mods to get some experience with the behind the scenes systems.

Also, I think you mean church not ryan lol

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:46 pm

Iron adam wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:35 pm
Jumping bug wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:51 am Ryan is trying really hard to do all this Adam, how about you show some respect for Ryan and be patient.

Love you Ryan
There is an entire staff team that is able to propose and approve new prices. It has been well over a month since most of these items have been brought to the attention of the staff team. The clue items were released 6 months ago.

It is about a total of 30 minutes to an hour of work with the systems the staff team has. I am not being disrespectful. These are just things that the community needs to be done. This would be a great opportunity for some of the new mods to get some experience with the behind the scenes systems.

I agree but I think regular players or a committee of regular players should still be able to suggest and mods can deny or approve. Saves them time since this task seems to be so difficult for them.

My understanding was Ryan was updating the prices at the moment. Church is usually more occupied watching minecraft videos. Jk <3

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:17 am

Iron adam wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:35 pm

Group effort.

As you know I can be somewhat flaky on these long term projects these days cause of my job. But I think we've gotten through most of them at this point.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon May 29, 2023 3:07 am

Iron adam wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:44 am
Iron adam wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:50 pm
Iron adam wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:51 am Image

These items are all still 1 gp and need to be updated:
  • Spiked Manacles
  • Climbing Boots (g)
  • Cabbage round shield
  • All Mithril (g) items
  • All Mithril (t) items
  • All Crier Pieces
  • Black Wizard (t) and (g) hat and robe bottoms
  • Monk Robes (g)
These Items need prices updated:
  • All Blessings - 10m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Bronze (t) and (g) items - 10m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Iron (t) and (g) items - 20m is way too low, These wont even sell for 200m
  • Ale of the Gods - 1B is still too low compared to actual street price.
  • All zenyte related items (shard, uncut, cut, unenchanted jewelries, enchanted jewelries, imbued suffering)
  • Imbued God Capes (noted and unnoted versions dont match)
  • Tome of Fire
  • Ring Imbue Scroll
  • All Imbued Rings
  • Serp/Magma Jar/Blowpipes
  • Inquisitor's items and set
  • Silver Ore - 50k
  • Silver Bar - 50k
  • Armadyl Grapple - At least 200m
  • Nightmare staves and respective orbs
  • All Raids 1 and 2 items should be checked. From what I hear, a lot are inaccurate.
Still waiting on about half of these. Also, I thought it would go without saying, but... the items in a clue set should all be the same price. Doesn't make sense that Mithril plateskirt (g) is 1B, Mithril platelegs (g) is 200M, and Mithril kiteshield (g) is 1 gp. People are going to pay roughly the same amount for a given item in a clue set, especially since they all have the same drop rate.

I'm giving you 10 days before I apply for staff and do it myself.
Daily Reminder any staff member can submit new prices! Still waiting on half of these!

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon May 29, 2023 1:17 pm

Guys I mean this in the most respectful way, please assign someone to deal with these because the entire team is failing in this aspect as a whole.

Example: Allow Adam or others devoted to price changes to submit suggestions of new prices and have staff members deny or approve them. Some suggestions are clearly outdated and nothing is being done.