People who only play ironman...

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Would you ::vote on your ironman for cosmetic rewards that gave no advantage to your account?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 52

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

People who only play ironman...

Post by Iron adam » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:55 pm

To the players who only play ironman mode. Would you ::vote on your ironman for cosmetic rewards that give no advantage to your account?

Ironman voting has been discussed in the past. What is your opinion on it?

Pim
Premium Donator

Re: People who only play ironman...

Post by Pim » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:02 pm

no it doesn't affect me in any way

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:36 pm

A lot of ironmen don't vote because there is no purpose, making an Ironman vote shop with cosmetics sounds great!

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:11 pm

Only if the cosmetics are Legend's cape, initiate set, grain, wooden shield, and any other item that is worth a lot of money for regular accounts!

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:14 pm

Nazuths wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:36 pm A lot of ironmen don't vote because there is no purpose, making an Ironman vote shop with cosmetics sounds great!
I'm concerned about votes even influencing anything since top lists are selling certain spots. I obviously don't own a server but it's easy to imagine there's some cutthroat BS going on in that scene which keeps screwing over PKH because it doesn't milk players to get more advertisement spots.

A few ironmen might vote if they could, but then the server wouldn't really gain anything worth the (relatively small) dev time. Might aswell go all the way in that case and make it daily login points or w.e so it can have it's own items and what not. Ez content for all the gamemodes and rewards logging in instead of filling in a bunch of captchas for 50m every 12h

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 pm

Lieven wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:14 pm I'm concerned about votes even influencing anything since top lists are selling certain spots. I obviously don't own a server but it's easy to imagine there's some cutthroat BS going on in that scene which keeps screwing over PKH because it doesn't milk players to get more advertisement spots.

A few ironmen might vote if they could, but then the server wouldn't really gain anything worth the (relatively small) dev time. Might aswell go all the way in that case and make it daily login points or w.e so it can have it's own items and what not. Ez content for all the gamemodes and rewards logging in instead of filling in a bunch of captchas for 50m every 12h
So.... support/no support?

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:33 am

Isaac wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 pm
Lieven wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:14 pm I'm concerned about votes even influencing anything since top lists are selling certain spots. I obviously don't own a server but it's easy to imagine there's some cutthroat BS going on in that scene which keeps screwing over PKH because it doesn't milk players to get more advertisement spots.

So.... support/no support?
Support if the dev effort is really minimal and the potential reward outweighs it

No support if it takes a substantial amount of effort with minimal reward

With reward I mean the good it can do for the server. Not personal gain.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:49 am

I should add, I support this suggestion.

Its flat
Known Venturer

Post by Its flat » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:26 am

I love this server and I want to vote. But currently I have no motivation to vote as an ironman and therefore I rarely vote. If there was a cosmetic item shop for ironman I would vote much more often!

Give ironman a reason to vote!

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:01 pm

Its flat wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:26 am I love this server and I want to vote. But currently I have no motivation to vote as an ironman and therefore I rarely vote. If there was a cosmetic item shop for ironman I would vote much more often!

Give ironman a reason to vote!
thank you for the feedback...