Skillcape Perks

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should these be the perks?

Yes for both
69%
Yes only for Magic
13%
Yes only for Firemaking
15%
No (with suggestion or comment)
4%

Total votes: 48

Skiller
Developer

Skillcape Perks

Post by Skiller » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:37 am

Hello all,

I'm currently working on introducing perks to the skillcapes in-game. While most of the rewards have been decided on, I wanted to poll a couple of them to get some community feedback. The two which are still up for debate are the Magic and Firemaking capes. The current thoughts on these two are as follows:

Magic — the player wearing the skill cape can operate it to change their spellbook. They can do this up to 5 times a day.
Firemaking — similar to the adze following Christmas 2017..? (Don't remember exactly which year), the firemaking cape can be operated to change the color of the fires produced when making a fire. Specifically, it will introduce the blue and green fire colors, thus keeping it separate from the adze.

Please vote on the poll and leave comments about why you think one or the other or both are good, or if you have suggestions on better options, please leave that too.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Fungamer
Developer

Re: Skillcape Perks

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:11 am

Is this for 2b or 99?

If its for 99 sure. But for 2b I'd say yes to firemaking but no to magic. The magic perk seems somewhat dull. We can already change our books with ease, and being able to TB someone a few times on your own doesn't outweigh the stat advantage of max cape or comp cape (where max cape on osrs is already expected to allow you to switch spellbooks anyways, so if you'd have 2b mage you'd most likely have a max cape anyways AKA it outweighs the stats of the 2b cape)

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:13 am

Yes to both. Make sure the magic cape perks also works while the cape is in the inventory.
Lieven wrote:Is this for 2b or 99?
One concept that a lot of people liked was that these would only work from trimmed capes, which you would only be able to equip at 200m exp. A nice benefit for hitting the milestone without having to do 2b.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:26 am

Adamthalion wrote:Yes to both. Make sure the magic cape perks also works while the cape is in the inventory.
Lieven wrote:Is this for 2b or 99?
One concept that a lot of people liked was that these would only work from trimmed capes, which you would only be able to equip at 200m exp. A nice benefit for hitting the milestone without having to do 2b.
I'd be down for the proposed perks to be for 200m. 2b just seems too much and I understand it's hard to find useful rewards that aren't too OP or weak

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:15 am

The current intention is for it to be with any of the matching capes but only after 200m experience as Adam described. The change from doing it only for trimmed capes was due to the number of players who actively use trimmed capes already, we didn’t want to remove content like that when we could simply make the requirement more focused on the experience

Taylor gang
Premium Donator

Post by Taylor gang » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:09 pm

id say yes to the magic cape but maybe try and find a different unique reward for the fire making cape.. I mean I didn't get the event that did this but I feel like that perk should be for the players who played during that time only. Its not really a big deal just I wouldn't mind either way but I'm just feeling for the ones who earned it through the event.