Skilling sets, How long should it take?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Skilling sets

A full skilling set should give a 15% bonus
23%
A full skilling set should give less than 15%
16%
A full skilling set should give more than 15%
10%
You need to work 3-5 hours for a complete set
15%
You need to work 5-8 hours for a complete set
13%
You need to work 8+ hours for a complete set.
23%

Total votes: 110

Jonas
Fanatic

Re: Skilling sets, How long should it take?

Post by Jonas » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Tezey wrote:What about the rouge masks that's already in the eco?

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:05 am

Jonas wrote:
Tezey wrote:What about the rouge masks that's already in the eco?
Will be compensated for money || item will not count as skilling item piece || they get the head for "free"

All potions are possible, that's up to Mike.
I don't even know how many of those heads are in-game tho.

Stoikva
Known Venturer

Post by Stoikva » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:48 am

Suggestment too include as many skills as possible

*(Angler(fish, cooking, hunter), Lumberjack(WC, fm, flecthing), Farmers(Farming, herblore), Pyromancer(runecraft), Prospector(Mining, smithing)

instead of xp boosts, why not 50% chance to acquire an extra item of what ever is being obtained/made with no xp gained for it? skillers need buffs too income much more than xp i do feel. if you feel 50% is too much i feel anywhere between 20-50% would be worth it, obviously 20% for 8 hours is probably the point i wouldn't bother but for 3 hours, sure. so the time scales linearly with the reward

if it where to be implemented make sure adze axe doesn't trigger it as it would likely wouldn't burn it and think it is normal axe
Your eyes drawn to irregularities and then the video

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:11 pm

Stoikva wrote:Suggestment too include as many skills as possible

*(Angler(fish, cooking, hunter), Lumberjack(WC, fm, flecthing), Farmers(Farming, herblore), Pyromancer(runecraft), Prospector(Mining, smithing)

instead of xp boosts, why not 50% chance to acquire an extra item of what ever is being obtained/made with no xp gained for it? skillers need buffs too income much more than xp i do feel. if you feel 50% is too much i feel anywhere between 20-50% would be worth it, obviously 20% for 8 hours is probably the point i wouldn't bother but for 3 hours, sure. so the time scales linearly with the reward

if it where to be implemented make sure adze axe doesn't trigger it as it would likely wouldn't burn it and think it is normal axe
This would be more benefical overall. PKH has brawlers that compensate for xp instead of those sets like osrs. The game doesn't really need any more XP boosts than already is.
ImageImage

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:07 pm

If the manner of obtaining these sets is a secret, why tell me the way you think we should obtain them? I hope this isn't a recurring trend for you, Andres. That is, equipping certain players with the know-how before others.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Although, Adamthalion's idea of certain amount of XP in a skill seems nice(r) and different to what you suggested and may actually end up being the way they are obtainable.

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Andres wrote: Just so u guys know answers like : " 30 minutes for 1 complete set", "1 hour for a complete set" are completely useless.
I think you need to work at least 3 hours to get a complete set, if not longer.
:notsureif:

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Jousi wrote:If the manner of obtaining these sets is a secret, why tell me the way you think we should obtain them? I hope this isn't a recurring trend for you, Andres. That is, equipping certain players with the know-how before others.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Although, Adamthalion's idea of certain amount of XP in a skill seems nice(r) and different to what you suggested and may actually end up being the way they are obtainable.
If the way they would be obtained would require specific items or resources it would be indeed bad if I told specific players about it. But as you know the method I propesed to you doesn't need any items/resources so therefor you are not able to gain adventages, or are you?
You are one of the few die-hard skillers around here so that is why I asked your opinion, that's how I ask opinions about Pking stuff to Pkers, and PvM stuff to PvM'ers always to people where I know from that they don't judge from personal preference.

And to give a little heads up, the suggestion was made a long time ago, received over 65 votes where only 5 Disagreed. so it's not something the community doesn't want ;)

Sometimes you want to release stuff that will be a surprise for the players. It has been done in the past and I pretty much follow that path sometimes.

Also, that's Why I made this thread, nothing is final.
I gather information in this thread and will if needed change the mechanics.
Last edited by Andres on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:36 pm

Andres wrote:
Jousi wrote:If the manner of obtaining these sets is a secret, why tell me the way you think we should obtain them? I hope this isn't a recurring trend for you, Andres. That is, equipping certain players with the know-how before others.

If the way they would be obtained would require specific items or resources it would be indeed bad if I told specific players about it. But as you know the method I propesed to you doesn't need any items/resources so therefor you are not able to gain adventages, or are you?
You are one of the few die-hard skillers around here so that is why I asked your opinion, that's how I ask opinions about Pking stuff to Pkers, and PvM stuff to PvM'ers always to people where I know from that they don't judge from personal preference.

And to give a little heads up, the suggestion was made a long time ago, received over 65 votes where only 5 Disagreed. so it's not something the community doesn't want ;)

Sometimes you want to release stuff that will be a surprise for the players. It has been done in the past and I pretty much follow that path sometimes.
Alright man, that seems fair. I didn't want to seem like I was accusing you of something. I just felt a little concerned and I felt I had to express that to get your perspective. I apologize.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Most of the players don't read forums so it will still be a surprise. If you want some opinion about it, you can just post it here as well. It's very weird you don't want to disclose it publicly but do tell some people...

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:41 pm

The skilling sets should give 5-10% bonus maximum. Also getting the gear should take a while, like 200m in a skill to acquire. That way it could work out nicely for those who get 200m exp and stop. When they receive the full bonus the gear provides it gives incentives to grind out those 2bs.