Skilling sets, How long should it take?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Skilling sets

A full skilling set should give a 15% bonus
23%
A full skilling set should give less than 15%
16%
A full skilling set should give more than 15%
10%
You need to work 3-5 hours for a complete set
15%
You need to work 5-8 hours for a complete set
13%
You need to work 8+ hours for a complete set.
23%

Total votes: 110

Andres
Developer

Skilling sets, How long should it take?

Post by Andres » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Since skillers have been living in the dark for way too long I started to give them some more features and assets to improve their skilling gameplay.
Skilling sets will be one of them!

The way you can obtain these items will remain as a secret until release.
But I want to talk about the benefits the set should give and how long you should work for it.

*(Angler(fish), Lumberjack(WC), Farmers(Farming), Pyromancer(FM), Prospector(Mining)
They give an XP boost on runescape, and I am looking to add it the same way in PkHonor.

Currently this is how the sets are coded :

- if you wear a full set (Boots,Legs,Top and hat) you will receive a 15% XP bonus on the base XP.
- if you don't wear a full set but wear a couple pieces each piece will give a 2% boost.

*Wearing brawlers + a full set will give you a good 45% bonus.

* Rogue set (Thieving)

In runescape this gives you a chance to get double loot. However I think this benefit is pretty useless here for obvious reasons.
So I propose this :

- Give each piece a 1.25% boost ( full set gives 5%)
- No right clicking on rogues (If you are higher combat than the rogues you are forced to right click which is annoying if you go for 2b).

> Are these rates good or not? are they too high/low ? please discuss.

*How long should it take to gather 1 complete set?

This is where I don't really know what to decide.
You have to keep in mind the sets will give a 15% boost and can save you a lot of time.
Just so u guys know answers like : " 30 minutes for 1 complete set", "1 hour for a complete set" are completely useless.
I think you need to work at least 3 hours to get a complete set, if not longer.
But discuss that below as well.

Fill in the poll too!

Poelukker
Premium Donator

Re: Skilling sets, How long should it take?

Post by Poelukker » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:55 pm

To be honest i don't agree with getting skilling sets, and if they come max 10% increase.

The reason behind that is that we already got brawlers that give extra exp and alot of the skills aren't "that" hard to get to 200m.
Getting a quick 2b isn't fun for anybody and will only ruin the game in my opinion.
I get nobody wants to nolife skill for a week+ to get a 2b skill but making it easier isn't the right solution either.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Will buying each set require currency specific to each skill? I feel like you should have to do the skill for a certain amount of time before being obtaining the outfit. You should have to do around 200m worth of experience in each respective skill before getting the outfit.

15% is too much imo. Should be 10% at the absolute maximum.
Also I think this goes without saying, but they should absolutely be untradable.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:03 pm

What about the rouge masks that's already in the eco?

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Another 24 untradable items that you can't get out of your bank :|
i agree with what's said. We have enough exp buff already and what you suggested seems a bit much.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Ruler wrote:Another 24 untradable items that you can't get out of your bank :|
i agree with what's said. We have enough exp buff already and what you suggested seems a bit much.
Perhaps this would be an excellent time to finish implementing the Costume room.
There would be spots to store skilling outfits, holiday items, and lots of other gear.

What say you Andres? Is it doable?

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
Ruler wrote:Another 24 untradable items that you can't get out of your bank :|
Perhaps this would be an excellent time to finish implementing the Costume room.
There would be spots to store skilling outfits, holiday items, and lots of other gear.

What say you Andres? Is it doable?
Ofcourse it is doable :p
It's basically the same as the refund store.
But unfortunately I don't have access to the code that handles this kind of things so you will need Mike for that.
I can make it with a different implementation but that is not the way to go..

as for the skilling sets, Seems you guys find the XP boost too much, what about 5-10% xp boost ? I really find that the items should give any sort of XP boost tbh.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Could be wrong about where I posted it but I think it's in the gqc somewhere. It was something along the lines of making pkh points into skilling points and bounty hunter points as the primary pking points. Would require store overhauls though

Iron
Premium Donator

Post by Iron » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Adamthalion wrote:Will buying each set require currency specific to each skill? I feel like you should have to do the skill for a certain amount of time before being obtaining the outfit. You should have to do around 200m worth of experience in each respective skill before getting the outfit.

15% is too much imo. Should be 10% at the absolute maximum.
Also I think this goes without saying, but they should absolutely be untradable.
I agree with this 100%. Especially if the rogues outfit makes rogues left clickable. 200m isnt bad to get in any of these skills the outfits are coming with.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Azu rite wrote:Could be wrong about where I posted it but I think it's in the gqc somewhere. It was something along the lines of making pkh points into skilling points and bounty hunter points as the primary pking points. Would require store overhauls though
Yes. Would like that ^

With the skilling points being the currency to buy the sets