Skiller Highscores

For your PkHonor-related aspirations and accomplishments!
Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Re: Skiller Highscores

Post by Grizzly mint » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Rapsey wrote:Which brings me back to my original conclusion: you're only here to argue.
:popcorn:

Joby
Forum Addict

Post by Joby » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Rapsey wrote:Which brings me back to my original conclusion: you're only here to argue.
Why is he not allowed to question the suggestion and state his opinions? He isn't being rude or negative. Seems to me you're just annoyed he has different views and is expressing them. The fact he is putting so much effort into the suggestion is a good thing, I hate to see people belittled for posting their opinons. And dont give me the "well he is just trying to argue" because the whole point of disagreeing with someone is to propose a change which he is trying to encourage. Whether he is right or wrong is irrelevant. If his ideas alligned with everyone elses then all of a sudden he wouldn't be "arguing" and it'd be a thoughtful debate. Perhaps this is a personal vendetta though and I'm simply missing that...
Last edited by Joby on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Joby wrote:
Why is he not allowed to question the suggestion and state his opinions? He isn't being rude or negative. Seems to me you're just annoyed he has different views and is expressing them. The fact he is putting so much effort into the suggestion is a good thing, I hate to see people belittled for posting their opinons. And dont give me the "well he is just trying to argue" because the whole point of disagreeing with someone is to propose a change which he is trying to encourage. Whether he is right or wrong is irrelevant. If his ideas alligned with everyone elses then all of a sudden he wouldn't be "arguing" and it'd be a thoughtful debate. Perhapa this is a personal vendetta though and I'm simply missing that...
Naw man. Disagreeing with PKH's high management brands you as a toxic individual that only makes trouble and provides non-constructive criticism. Every counter-argument I've adressed remains untouched and I'm more than happy to discuss these either in PM or here in public. Gotta convince people over these things instead of getting angry over them, y'know. Agreeing to disagree only works when both parties know eachothers point(s).

Then again it's easy to pull the "well ur just arguing" card and let your authority/status and history of being on "the good side" speak for itself because you will have the popular opinion regardless of validity of course. I get it though, no one wants to (publically) be the guy who changed their opinion based on arguments provided in a debate. Good thing I'm not trying to convince Raps in these discussions, but Church, as he'd be running those highscores. I think at least Church is more or less starting to see what I'm trying to say, so massive kudos to Church for actually taking the time and talk to me in private to further discuss this and get the idea to let me compare idea vs idea and what I think of them so we can get the highest quality possible out of this thread. But hey, apparently it's ridiculous :orly:

Luckily for everyone, the worst case scenario is also the best case scenario! Out of spite towards me, Rapsey might just implement a highscore for skillers on the official pages! :D
Last edited by Fungamer on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Forum Addict

Post by Ozymandias » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:04 pm

From a neutral point of view, this is actually ridiculous.
Lysa was literally just stating his opinion, but also in a constructive way.
He has given enough details and actually has a point, I just can't see the reason why you would ignore this while it's actual feedback...
Perhaps it is because the lackings of pkh are a known fact, and that's why his opinion and any other statements are considered offensive?
As a player who actually enjoyed this server until I decided to take my leave, it's actually a shame to see how his opinion just got trashed by you, the guy is giving his opinion.
The fact that one of the owners actually treats his players this way without listening to them, deeming their voices as invalid and not being able to reply without actually supporting his statements but just saying "ur just here to argue" is kind of proof enough that the devs don't actually care about their playerbase.
Just stating my opinion, this is what I personally believe from a neutral point of view. This post is NOT intended to harm anyone.
Discord : ravifrombns

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:25 pm

hello all readers

Rampeys comment was not made solely due to this thread. Liefen spams essays on every topic and it is annoying

Since eerily,
Rampsey management team

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:52 pm

Lieven and followers shut it or we gl @ edge 24/7

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:53 am

Joby wrote:
Why is he not allowed to question the suggestion and state his opinions?
Who says he's not allowed to?

As James pointed out, that particular statement I made isn't so much about this thread. It's purely an observation on the past 6 months or so of his posting behaviour. As far as I can tell, he really does come to these forums to find a subject he disagrees with and then write long posts arguing his views. It's just an observation. Are you telling me he gets to post a 5-page essay detailing his views/opinions/beliefs/conclusions but I can't post a single phrase with one of mine? :P

Aside from that, I feel there should be some distinction between giving your two cents and jumping on someone else's initiative saying the way they want to do it is bad and then continuing to bug them about it until they say you're right and do it your way.

And while it may not be so obvious reading from the sidelines, when you're trying to discuss with someone you can easily feel the difference between someone who's actually trying to explore the topic being discussed and someone who's only trying to come up with arguments for why they are right and you are wrong. Like when you point out flaws in their logic and they just ignore it and keep going.

And when the other person inevitably throws in the towel and gives up on the never-ending discussion, then he resorts to immaturity., as he has just demonstrated once again with this "lol can't disagree with pkh management or u get banned 4 being toxic" bullshit. Like how childish are you. Makes it 100% clear that to you this is all about being seen as the winner.

@Ravi: I respect your opinion though personally I think you just don't like me cause I expelled you. :l

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 am

Rapsey wrote:Like when you point out flaws in their logic and they just ignore it and keep going.
The hallmark of every liefen post.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:51 am

Didn't think I'd reply to this thread again but what the fuck man.

Rapsey, you out of all people know that I don't have a filter or Asskisser 3000 when talking to someone in a position of power or high esteem. If I disagree with someone, I disagree regardless of who they are and try to have a healthy discussion with them to try and convince them or to let them try to convince me. Is it beneficial for me? Not really, people rather have a good roll with the asskisser 3000. But it's the right thing IMO.

In this very case, you're the one not willing to have a healthy discussion at all. I fanboy(ed) over you because usually you're right and are able to convince me otherwise but that doesn't exclude you from me having my own integrity.

What happened on this thread was you (Rapsey) already starting off on a bad note by saying I only come here to discuss, injecting yourself inbetween something that was going to turn into a healthy debate, throw a few arguments why my idea is shit in a manner which wasn't very polite, but wasn't offensive either, to immediately resort back to saying I'm only looking to argue because I provided counter arguments to your statements.
Rapsey wrote:Like when you point out flaws in their logic and they just ignore it and keep going.
Because personally attacking the person who provided counter arguments to you is obviously a better way to go. If someone is pointing out flaws in my logic I either disagree with it and provide them a reason why I think that logic isn't flawed or I accept that the logic on that detail is flawed and move on to another detail since that needs to be talked about now that it's clear that my logic was flawed in the first detail.
Rapsey wrote: And when the other person inevitably throws in the towel and gives up on the never-ending discussion, then he resorts to immaturity., as he has just demonstrated once again with this "lol can't disagree with pkh management or u get banned 4 being toxic" bullshit. Like how childish are you. Makes it 100% clear that to you this is all about being seen as the winner.
I myself threw the towel in because that is exactly what will happen if I stick to my opinion and keep defending it lol. I know that my opinion in many cases differs from the "mainstream" one. Slap the label toxic/annoying/harassment/spamming on it and I'd be banned very quickly. Frankly the only reason I think I'm not banned is because once in a blue moon people actually agree with me. That, and maybe because I know shit your average player shouldn't know and that it's not worth taking the risk of me leaking shit and have mild annoyances if it means you just have to deal with long posts lol. Be assured though, I wouldn't leak anything if I got banned. Guess that makes me an even easier target now :P
Note; I don't have "t0p s3cret intel" that could take the server down lmfao. It'd just be inconvenient for multiple unnamed people to have me dig up dirt I have on them which would cause a few short term dramas, which in turn would be a meme after a few weeks. Inconvenient, as I said.

I may be harsh with words and appear unwilling to change my mind about something but really, reply with actual (counter-)arguments and ideas on how something could be done better for once.

You've replied 6 times to this thread. 2 comments just saying that I get on PKH forums just to argue, 1 is trying to justify why you posted a comment, 1 is not on the topic of the highscores (community initiatives), 1 comment was what actually kickstarted the entire discussion and finally, you had one comment that actually contained counter arguments concerning the proposed alternative way.
To simplify and say in a slightly exaggerated way: Half of your replies on this thread were talking shit to me or justifying it.

If only you spent as much time on providing counter arguments like you spend time either dismissing all my arguments/proposals and tell me I'm someone who just wants to argue or trying to justify saying that... I'm starting to think you're the one only coming here to argue, or at least if it's me posting something lol

But, since you decided to turn the discussion into some Rapsey vs Lieven thing, I'll make one thing clear. I do not get on the forums to have endless discussions. I couldn't care less about "winning" a discussion and if I did I'd take that shit to /pol/ I care a lot about PKH and I want to help in any way I can to get it's content, forum threads and anything else in the best shape it can be. Does that sometimes look like I'm taking a massive dump on other peoples initiatives by making long and detailed comments that may disagree with the OP? Yes. Am I actually doing so? No. My intentions with comments like those are never a personal attack or to hijack some project.

For this specific case, Church and I even talked about the highscores and he wanted to hear and understand what I wanted to propose, and I wanted to hear more about the specifics (and still do as the comment with my proposal only has my assumptions which Church would confirm to be true/false) because I wanted to know if I was missing some major things that lead to people discussing something while they agree with eachother.

That's the good thing to do. We threw eachother arguments & counter arguments.

Wish you did it that way. Welp.

I hope I don't have to reply to this thread again. Have your precious final word as I know you value it, or let one of the mongloid NPCs say "wow long comment fk u" and all these comments can hopefully just be deleted once Church figures the exact specifics out, and, hopefully is able to at least consider (parts of) the proposal. Because, you know, that's the reason we're discussing on this thread in the first place. I hope that we can agree that this is a better thing to discuss about rather than discussing who's the biggest scumbag and what they're doing wrong.
Last edited by Fungamer on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:02 am

I would actually politely ask that we just end this debate here. I don't see any purpose in continuing.

I appreciate feedback but I feel like it may have gone too far. Keep going if you wish, but I wanted to let my opinion be known.