Skiller Highscores

For your PkHonor-related aspirations and accomplishments!
Church
Premium Donator

Skiller Highscores

Post by Church » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:57 am

Skiller Highscores.
I will be using a method suggested by Rapsey to maintain this.
Spoiler: show
Rapsey wrote:There is one DIY solution that may help you a lot with making this ranking:
  • Add all known skillers to the friends list of an in-game account
  • Register that in-game account as a separate forums account (and log into it)
  • Visit the friends section of the highscores
Tadaa, auto-updating skiller ranking. Should make it a lot easier to periodically update your forum thingy.

PS: If your friends list gets full you can just link another in-game account to that forums account so in theory there is no limit to how many people you can add to it.

Senior Moderator

Re: Skiller Highscores

Post by 026 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:08 am

lol hi

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:31 pm

Church wrote: after that only accounts that have never had any combat exp will be allowed.
How will you know/check? ::setlevel makes it pretty easy to hide ever having had combat xp fam, unless you're going to go through everyones logs when you update it. Can't exclude someone from the highscores for punching an NPC by accident and dealing 1 damage & needing to ::setlevel lolol
What about 99hp skillers?

Might wanna reword it to something like 'People who have a combat level >x at the moment of random checks will be excluded from the highscores forever'

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Lysa arryn wrote:
Church wrote: after that only accounts that have never had any combat exp will be allowed.
How will you know/check? ::setlevel makes it pretty easy to hide ever having had combat xp fam, unless you're going to go through everyones logs when you update it. Can't exclude someone from the highscores for punching an NPC by accident and dealing 1 damage & needing to ::setlevel lolol
What about 99hp skillers?

Might wanna reword it to something like 'People who have a combat level >x at the moment of random checks will be excluded from the highscores forever'
I mean to say players who have previously not been skillers at all who reset their combat levels, as this gives them an unfair advantage.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:58 pm

Church wrote:
Lysa arryn wrote: How will you know/check? ::setlevel makes it pretty easy to hide ever having had combat xp
I mean to say players who have previously not been skillers at all who reset their combat levels, as this gives them an unfair advantage.
Lysa arryn wrote: How will you know/check? ::setlevel makes it pretty easy to hide ever having had combat xp

Edit: What unfair advantages tho? Why do we have 2 weeks then? Someone with ench comp could theoretically enter now, reset their combat stats and dominate the highscores forever. Wealth advantages? Sure, the buyables are likely to be at a high xp count. But merching on the skiller and giving yourself money from a main acc or even getting free gp from someone/::party happens too, can't do anything against that unless you micromanage every single person on these highscores :|

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Lysa arryn wrote:How will you know/check? ::setlevel makes it pretty easy to hide ever having had combat xp fam, unless you're going to go through everyones logs when you update it.
I imagine that's exactly what he will do. Checking logs to make sure the account wasn't setlevel/setxp'd on combat skills is the only way. That's probably also why he wants existing skillers to apply within 2 weeks, so he can get it all over with.
Lysa arryn wrote:Can't exclude someone from the highscores for punching an NPC by accident and dealing 1 damage & needing to ::setlevel lolol
Sure can. :P But that won't be necessary because the setlevel/setxp logs include your level/xp before they were changed so he can choose to accept people who had 4 attack xp before using setlevel.

Empty bag

Post by Empty bag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Resetting a skill always let you have 1xp and not 0 as when you first start that skill.

Thats how you see the difference.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Empty bag wrote:Resetting a skill always let you have 1xp and not 0 as when you first start that skill.

Thats how you see the difference.
200 iq

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Rapsey wrote: I imagine that's exactly what he will do. Checking logs to make sure the account wasn't setlevel/setxp'd on combat skills is the only way. That's probably also why he wants existing skillers to apply within 2 weeks, so he can get it all over with.
But that makes no sense :P Then you'd exclude a user from these highscores because their account is older than the 2 week term? If not, why have the 2 week term at all? Are new skillers not going to be checked for having had combat stats? What's up with their advantages then xD

Even so, the wording in the OP is unclear and actually conveys another point than you're making:
There will be a 2 week period that starts today (August 10th) to sign up old accounts, after that only accounts that have never had any combat exp will be allowed.
This implies that there is a 2 week period where anyone who has had combat experience can get on the list. So that means that for example Toeh5 can setlevel his combat stats and get on the list as #1.
It also implies that after the two week period, this would not be possible anymore. Next to that, it also clearly states that only accounts that have never had any combat XP will be allowed. What about a new skiller, then? That person may have, as I said, punched a goblin and ::setleveled to level back down. You provided a clear solution to this (I actually didn't know there were ::setlevel logs for mods now) but that goes against what is stated in the post.

The idea is good, don't get me wrong. I just think there are some things that need to be more clear and simplified. I'd suggest just getting rid of the 2 week period and whole checking the logs thing. Why not just make it based on combat level? Combat level must be under __ to be in this list. (Take into consideration 99hp skillers and what not, include or not and they will have to be ranked by XP instead of level. The Builder for example will be ranked lower with his 20b+ XP than a regular level 3 skiller with 99s in skills because he set his HP lower.) This only requires DJ to check the highscores instead of logs too, so it's easier to maintain. Does the user exceed the max combat level? -> Remove from list. Sounds like the simplest and most efficient way to do this without actually implementing new highscores for these users tbh.

Pretty much any advantage you can get from training your stats back up and setleveling down back to a level 3 is easily gained on an alt and is even a smarter way to get those benefits as it doesn't cost you the GP to setlevel btw

Edit: There wouldn't even need to be a new highscores section for this to work out. Just the option to sort by XP would do the trick and would actually be very handy to see how some skillers fare compared to main accounts.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:29 pm

The two week period is for people who have accounts that existed before the start of this list, so they can get on despite past mistakes.
Moving forward there won't be as much leeway so people can't just do combat on their skillers and reset it. I'm just trying to make it as fair as possible.

I was never going to allow anyone who was clearly never a skiller on the list.

To be honest, I need this list to be as simple as possible so I can just update it as needed, and not have to do a bunch of work to accommodate a bunch of individual cases in one of the smaller sections of our game.