Most Boss Kills.

For your PkHonor-related aspirations and accomplishments!
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Most Boss Kills.

Post by Rapsey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Fungamer wrote:I believe rapsey mentioned that a highscore system like that wouldn't work out due to technical limitations
Correct. The way the highscores system stores data would need to be changed to accommodate this.

However...
Iron pvm man wrote:I think it would honestly awesome to get a updated list each month to see if there has been any difference, it would also give people encouragement to go for those top spots in the future!
I could set up something that posts the stats in a topic every month. I think that would be pretty cool.

Most games that have things like this don't use them for lifetime rankings though. Instead they work on shorter timespans to encourage competition and give everyone a chance. So every month they publish a top ranking for that month alone. Might be better than to just publish the totals every month.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Fungamer wrote:I believe rapsey mentioned that a highscore system like that wouldn't work out due to technical limitations
Correct. The way the highscores system stores data would need to be changed to accommodate this.

However...
Iron pvm man wrote:I think it would honestly awesome to get a updated list each month to see if there has been any difference, it would also give people encouragement to go for those top spots in the future!
I could set up something that posts the stats in a topic every month. I think that would be pretty cool.

Most games that have things like this don't use them for lifetime rankings though. Instead they work on shorter timespans to encourage competition and give everyone a chance. So every month they publish a top ranking for that month alone. Might be better than to just publish the totals every month.
Could hold monthly competitions, which could also be used to implement a king of the skill system that people wanted a while back

Explozionz
Premium Donator

Post by Explozionz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Azu rite wrote:
Rapsey wrote:

However...

Could hold monthly competitions, which could also be used to implement a king of the skill system that people wanted a while back

This would be great idea, but like you mentioned before if it's a competition it would be an unfair advantage for those who don't have max gear of completionist capes.
Rapsey wrote:

However...

This would be a fantastic idea, maybe set a date each month where information is shown on, boss kills, boss drops, pvp kills, deaths etc? This would give a great insight into how much is actually coming into the server in drops and maybe how active or inactive pking is?

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:17 pm

This would be great idea, but like you mentioned before if it's a competition it would be an unfair advantage for those who don't have max gear of completionist capes.
Meh. Could say the same about xp gained in a month since prems have bonus xp, thus making it unfair for non prems.
It should make sense for maxed/comped players to always have a top rank. It also creates competition for those who are fully maxed and bored, plus it encourages newer people to get good gear for the "meta" so they can compete too.

This would give a great insight into how much is actually coming into the server in drops and maybe how active or inactive pking is?

Trust me, Rapsey definitely already knows :P

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:30 am

Rapsey wrote:@Toeh: Not quite the most TSD kills but close, second place. Someone else stopped at exactly 10,000.
Pretty sure it's Pekiviiner at number one, yea? He has like 17 pets.

Civil mage
Rookie

Post by Civil mage » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:51 am

I have 9x chaos ele pets on “civil wizurd” alone. And I feel llike i’ve not spent a ton of time pvming tbh...

Explozionz
Premium Donator

Post by Explozionz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 am

See I would love for the results of the current total kills and top listed kills so far, I think it would be a great insight because I'm sure many people would aim to go above and beyond on that.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:30 am

Iron pvm man wrote:See I would love for the results of the current total kills and top listed kills so far, I think it would be a great insight because I'm sure many people would aim to go above and beyond on that.
Bro we have wir3d slaying monsters for 8 years u aint gna pass that

Explozionz
Premium Donator

Post by Explozionz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Counterret wrote:
Iron pvm man wrote:See I would love for the results of the current total kills and top listed kills so far, I think it would be a great insight because I'm sure many people would aim to go above and beyond on that.
Bro we have wir3d slaying monsters for 8 years u aint gna pass that
You never know, I love pvming, as long as I just do slayer, slayer, slayer it's possible.

Will be ok
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:23 pm

Rapsey wrote:

However...

Am I top 5 for KBD kills??