Skiller Highscores

For your PkHonor-related aspirations and accomplishments!
James
Premium Donator

Re: Skiller Highscores

Post by James » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:53 pm

Rapsey wrote:@Lieven FYI the reason you're not banned yet is because this "banned for disagreeing" thing is something you have completely made up. We have never done that and we never will. I honestly don't know why you keep going on about it. You've been here for what, 5 years? Even been a moderator? You know better than most that's not the way we do things...
i banned him from my clan if that means anything

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:52 am

Rapsey wrote:@Lieven FYI the reason you're not banned yet is because this "banned for disagreeing" thing is something you have completely made up. We have never done that and we never will. I honestly don't know why you keep going on about it. You've been here for what, 5 years? Even been a moderator? You know better than most that's not the way we do things...
Exactly because I've been a moderator and have been here since 2012 I know disagreeing heavily with you will most likely result into a ban, and if not, plenty of fuck-overs resulting into a salty player who ends up quitting anyways. Won't be in the checkreason of course. It gets labelled as being toxic. Completely your right as someone of your rank to do so, of course.

But hey, you've had your last say already. Didn't know you had troubles finding the edit button and felt the need to post another comment. You've told me to fuck off on Steam before the second I spoke up against PKH management resulting in me editing my comment. You've always wanted to abstain from being in the center of drama. So what's the difference now? Enjoying the public support boner with a dash of drama added to it? Oh my, maybe Patel was not the one who changed and neither was Ryan so authoritarian or an idiot. Maybe, just maybe, you feel threatened and get a kick from being able to show you're the man with authority or having the moral support from the community you've grown disconnected with over the course of the past 8 or so years =-). I just now realize how I've been so wrong to look up to you. The person who appeared to be the least hypocritical and looked like he was always on the moral high ground turned out to be no different, if not worse. Dunno if this is due to change or due to always having two faces at all times.

But hey, let's respect what Church is asking instead of continuing on this thread and if you really want to continue to argue, you can contact me in other ways.
Church wrote:I would actually politely ask that we just end this debate here. I don't see any purpose in continuing.

I appreciate feedback but I feel like it may have gone too far. Keep going if you wish, but I wanted to let my opinion be known.

Remember to ::vote, guys :)

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:48 am

On topic:

Just wondering how it will be formatted. Will skillers be ranked based on total level where they show up on the 'friends list' and have a link to their hiscores page?
Also wondering if there will be any concern for when someone reaches 2b/'max' level, or if it will be listed alphabetically for maxed skills like the regular hiscores. I'd recommend the latter for consistency, but also wouldn't mind a revamp if this is being done by hand.

Off Topic:

@Fungamer

Kinda feel like this is total nonsense. I've been involved some way or the other with the staff team since before you got here. I have vehemently and openly opposed any premature movements to get those sort of 'removals' or bans to happen, and have largely been successful (due to support from other staff members) in the few times they have occurred. They did not occur much under Maurits, and occurred only a couple of times under Billy as well.

It happens with some people for good reason (like the ones that constantly joke about fucking peoples' sisters, for example. Or dead newb. Or Sam), but not you. You are not an awful player. You just annoy a lot of people. People, on the flipside, are welcome to be annoyed and to convey that.

The idea that you have some mystical insider info that scares anyone in management can only be described as laughable. PkHonor has expelled and/or demoted people with inconceivably vaster knowledge of the game, people's baggage, and sensitive information. It's been done knowing full well that they could try and bite us back. They have bitten us back. Why do you think the SMF forums went down?

It is exclusively a testament to the good will of the staff and management that people who annoy just about everyone on here aren't removed. No one's asking you to be thankful for that, but I personally am asking you to take off that tin foil hat. Aside from being a fashion disaster, it doesn't suit anyone and only results in threads like these. If you think for a second you played no role in creating this debacle, then you have failed at playing any role in remedying it.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:22 am

Patel wrote:Just wondering how it will be formatted. Will skillers be ranked based on total level where they show up on the 'friends list' and have a link to their hiscores page?
Also wondering if there will be any concern for when someone reaches 2b/'max' level, or if it will be listed alphabetically for maxed skills like the regular hiscores. I'd recommend the latter for consistency, but also wouldn't mind a revamp if this is being done by hand.
Shouldn’t be any different than normal high scores. If higher total, move up a rank. If same total, reference xp to decide rank. Higher xp = higher rank. If same xp, whoever got that xp first = higher rank.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Lysa arryn wrote:Exactly because I've been a moderator and have been here since 2012 I know disagreeing heavily with you will most likely result into a ban, and if not, plenty of fuck-overs resulting into a salty player who ends up quitting anyways. Won't be in the checkreason of course. It gets labelled as being toxic.
If you're gonna defame us with nonsense like that I welcome you to give examples. Surely you have a few in your vast pkh insider knowledge. You talk as if people have disagreements with me on the forums and then suddenly get banned in-game for being toxic, even though they haven't broken any rules in-game or been toxic to others. That's a load of bull.

It's as if people get banned for being toxic (after many months of acting like total cunts ingame) but because they happen to have had an argument with me on the forums 1 week prior you think: OH that must be why they got banned! Erm no. There may be some correlation simply because I tend to clash more with people who are being generally toxic but that never plays any part in the decision to ban them. But hey, I can't prove that to you and you're already 100% convinced that you know The Truth™ better than anyone so whatever.

tl;dr: Correlation does not imply causation

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:39 pm

He’s just a psychopath. He’ll be on your dick for some time (had Rapsey pleasing lines in his signature a while ago, begged my mod app to be accepted e.g.) however, as soon as you’re going against one of his stupidly annoying ideas he will backfire towards you with complete made ups and blow up existing stuff by at least a x10 margin to try and blow shade on you. Gladly we’ve finally reached a point where everyone from all sides begin to see his true colors and filter his nonsense to a point where he’s with his back against the wall hated by literally almost everyone. Kids an insecure mess trying to put that away by taking others down, his riddance will be good for pkh once he decides to leave but until then we can only better just ignore him and his essays cuz is all lies/blow-ups regardless.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:57 pm

healthy

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:58 pm

Adam corrupt wrote:healthy
How's your skiller going?

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:09 am

Adam corrupt wrote:healthy
Adam for admin make PkHonor great again?
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Sargaton
Premium Donator

Post by Sargaton » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:20 pm

Just a random idea that came up in my mind.

Isn’t it possible to make a certain kind of filter on the actual highscores?
A skiller just go into search while putting off certain skills, (combat + prayer and slayer) or set those a certain max level. This would filter out all players that have level 2 or higher in those skills and would result in only showing the skillers that fit this filter.

I have no clue in how coding works. And if we shoudl pay attention to the fact that resetted skills result in 1xp and not 0 as it used to be.

Please do not come with rough and offensive criticism if my idea is just bad.