Guide to Understanding Spirit Shields

All threads that will assist you in PkHonor will be posted here.
Jeg
Rookie

Re: Guide to Understanding Spirit Shields

Post by Jeg » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:01 am

Time for me to start hoarding elys. They should be way higher in price assuming this is factual.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:06 am

Jeg wrote:Time for me to start hoarding elys. They should be way higher in price assuming this is factual.
It is all factual, you can test it all yourself.

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:13 am

"Like the Elysian and Arcane spirit shields, the Divine spirit shield reduces all incoming damage by 30%, and 6% of the original damage dealt is drained from prayer points. For example, a hit of 1,000 would be reduced to 700 and 60 prayer points would be drained. This effect only works if the player has adequate prayer points; without any prayer points the effect will not work. This effect does not reduce typeless damage."

Source: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_spirit_shield

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:15 am

Egolith wrote:"Like the Elysian and Arcane spirit shields, the Divine spirit shield reduces all incoming damage by 30%, and 6% of the original damage dealt is drained from prayer points. For example, a hit of 1,000 would be reduced to 700 and 60 prayer points would be drained. This effect only works if the player has adequate prayer points; without any prayer points the effect will not work. This effect does not reduce typeless damage."

This is not RS3 Eoc. This is PkHonor, test it all yourself. Everything in this quote is wrong.

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:25 am

Adamthalion wrote:
Egolith wrote:"Like the Elysian and Arcane spirit shields, the Divine spirit shield reduces all incoming damage by 30%, and 6% of the original damage dealt is drained from prayer points. For example, a hit of 1,000 would be reduced to 700 and 60 prayer points would be drained. This effect only works if the player has adequate prayer points; without any prayer points the effect will not work. This effect does not reduce typeless damage."

This is not RS3 Eoc. This is PkHonor, test it all yourself. Everything in this quote is wrong.
Some content in PkHonor is past the release date of the Divine, such as Nex... and nothing big has changed in the release of the divine, so unless Mike or a developer changed the effect of the divine, it will be 30%. I'm not saying that it's so op that we shouldn't look at Ely, cause I agree that Ely has been overlooked a lot on this server and is better than most people think.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 am

Egolith wrote:Some content in PkHonor is past the release date of the Divine, such as Nex... and nothing big has changed in the release of the divine, so unless Mike or a developer changed the effect of the divine, it will be 30%. I'm not saying that it's so op that we shouldn't look at Ely, cause I agree that Ely has been overlooked a lot on this server and is better than most people think.
The divine blocks 20% on Pkhonor. This has been tested and is well known to be the case. As you can see from my previous posts: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=64255#p577725
That logic that you have used is inherently flawed, as there are many things ingame that function completely differently from their runescape counterparts. Whether that be boss mechanics or item effects (Nex, Corp, Tsds, Divine, Brews, the Desert Treasure Diamonds, Pring, Mole) I could go on.
Egolith wrote:"Like the Elysian and Arcane spirit shields, the Divine spirit shield reduces all incoming damage by 30%, and 6% of the original damage dealt is drained from prayer points.
Additionally, the arcane and elysian do not share this alleged 30% damage block on PkHonor. You should do proper research and testing before trying to contribute knowledge to a conversation.

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:01 am

Adamthalion wrote:
Egolith wrote:Some content in PkHonor is past the release date of the Divine, such as Nex... and nothing big has changed in the release of the divine, so unless Mike or a developer changed the effect of the divine, it will be 30%. I'm not saying that it's so op that we shouldn't look at Ely, cause I agree that Ely has been overlooked a lot on this server and is better than most people think.
The divine blocks 20% on Pkhonor. This has been tested and is well known to be the case. As you can see from my previous posts: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=64255#p577725
That logic that you have used is inherently flawed, as there are many things ingame that function completely differently from their runescape counterparts. Whether that be boss mechanics or item effects (Nex, Corp, Tsds, Divine, Brews, the Desert Treasure Diamonds, Pring, Mole) I could go on.
Egolith wrote:"Like the Elysian and Arcane spirit shields, the Divine spirit shield reduces all incoming damage by 30%, and 6% of the original damage dealt is drained from prayer points.
Additionally, the arcane and elysian do not share this alleged 30% damage block on PkHonor. You should do proper research and testing before trying to contribute knowledge to a conversation.
Show the math behind your calculations for it being 20%, because I don't have anything that has matched up. Given the photos only show the after and not the before for divine, I can't calculate the correct amount of prayer you had before and after to find the true 100% damage that should have been dealt.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:07 am

Egolith wrote:Show the math behind your calculations for it being 20%, because I don't have anything that has matched up. Given the photos only show the after and not the before for divine, I can't calculate the correct amount of prayer you had before and after to find the true 100% damage that should have been dealt.
Nomad Spec hits a 98. With divine on it hits 78, with Elysian on it hits a 73 (When the damage reduction effect occurs).

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:28 am

Adamthalion wrote:
Egolith wrote:Show the math behind your calculations for it being 20%, because I don't have anything that has matched up. Given the photos only show the after and not the before for divine, I can't calculate the correct amount of prayer you had before and after to find the true 100% damage that should have been dealt.
Nomad Spec hits a 98. With divine on it hits 78, with Elysian on it hits a 73 (When the damage reduction effect occurs).
Okay, thanks for the calculations. With that it's understandable to be 20% for divine and 25 for ely (25.5% in this case, due to the system rounding up from rather than down, at 74 dmg it would have been 24.48%). You're right about PkHonor being different on the damage reduction, which is actually surprising as divine in Runescape does do 30%. I suggest giving a brief mention of calculations to show why it's different than most other divines from RS and other rsps's. My apologizes

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:33 am

Egolith wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:
Okay, thanks for the calculations. With that it's understandable to be 20% for divine and 25 for ely (25.5% in this case, due to the system rounding up from rather than down, at 74 dmg it would have been 24.48%). You're right about PkHonor being different on the damage reduction, which is actually surprising as divine in Runescape does do 30%. I suggest giving a brief mention of calculations to show why it's different than most other divines from RS and other rsps's. My apologizes
Actually all combat calculations round down. 98*0.8 = 78.4 rounded down to 78. and 98*0.75 = 73.5 rounded down to 73.