Closed

Buy, sell and inquire about our market here.
Forum rules
Please use tags in the topic title to indicate what kind of trade you are looking for. For example:

[BUY] Cooked Lobsters
[SELL] Cannonballs
[TRADE] Red Banana
[REQ] Quest Service

If your topic was moved before you were done with it, PM a staff member to have it unarchived.
Patel
Advisor

Re: Selling 7m Bronze Arrows

Post by Patel » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:02 am

I'm not sure why there's a disagreement here. Some people like having unique things on an old server where many people pass by. There's absolutely *nothing* wrong with wanting to feel special for having some pixels, even if they are somehow exclusive or obtained through means no longer possible. Owners get to decide what is and isn't allowed, but players decide what is and isn't important to them. Plenty of people think dumb unobtainable pixels are meaningful and worth compensation.

On the flipside, plenty of people don't feel that way. They certainly have no right to demean others for thinking they can be special on an RSPS, no matter how dumb they think the pixels are, but they can value other things like game development, achievements via leaderboards, or competitions that they feel are more "fair".

All in all, PkHonor has always been a place that welcomes both. One generation's feature is another's bug. I will happily give you a thumbs up for owning a dumb white cape or having untradable ore in your bank. I will also do the same if you max your account or obtain an extremely rare, nondiscontinued item fair and square. It's all part of the game.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:53 pm

@Patel worth mentioning the difference though between owning unobtainable items for your own pride, and trying to sell them years after obtaining them for profit, demanding compensation if anything is done to fix the issue of the junk items being traded at absurd prices. I understand some items this is accepted because they’re effectively donation items. I don’t believe these fall under that category

If selling bowls for 100B is ok, then players don’t have any assurance that junk items are junk items, allowing for scams. If we openly acknowledge bowls aren’t 100B, and try to make it so that they’re never sold for that price, someone’s feelings are hurt. Seems like a lose-lose

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:54 pm

Raj wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:53 pm

If selling bowls for 100B is ok, then players don’t have any assurance that junk items are junk items, allowing for scams. If we openly acknowledge bowls aren’t 100B, and try to make it so that they’re never sold for that price, someone’s feelings are hurt. Seems like a lose-lose
Not even a lose-lose imo if its for the games health and to prevent scams. 1 player throwing a temper tantrum vs dozens of people getting scammed or content being delayed or not added at all to keep that 1 player happy. Barely a loss if the temper tantrum happens. I'd even encourage it to happen so they can later reflect on it and see how absurd they were being lmao.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:04 am

Fungamer wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:54 pm

Not even a lose-lose imo if its for the games health and to prevent scams. 1 player throwing a temper tantrum vs dozens of people getting scammed or content being delayed or not added at all to keep that 1 player happy. Barely a loss if the temper tantrum happens. I'd even encourage it to happen so they can later reflect on it and see how absurd they were being lmao.
Idk man.. if these are slight 1 off items that are somehow in game and he said he purchased it (I’m assuming for more than trade value) if these things ever do get re-added or removed from his account he or whoever buys these items from him should technically be compensated whatever they’ve paid at time of purchase. If he purchased these items years agoe I would even argue he gets compensated for the years of inflation.

I don’t know why it would be a big deal for simple compensation if these items ever do become in game or get taken out completely. Such as the black kite (t) should it be removed with 0 compensation?

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:18 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:04 am
Fungamer wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:54 pm

Idk man.. if these are slight 1 off items that are somehow in game and he said he purchased it (I’m assuming for more than trade value) if these things ever do get re-added or removed from his account he or whoever buys these items from him should technically be compensated whatever they’ve paid at time of purchase. If he purchased these items years agoe I would even argue he gets compensated for the years of inflation.

I don’t know why it would be a big deal for simple compensation if these items ever do become in game or get taken out completely. Such as the black kite (t) should it be removed with 0 compensation?
Again, black kite (t) has more value besides simply existing. I'm not sure about that item specifically, but it might also be like @Raj argument that some of these items were actually donated for.

The items we're discussing here provide nothing besides their existence, were obtained through bugs, dev oversight or what we would today consider staff abuse.

While it might sound fair to pay back what he spent on them, it's kinda illogical and sets a dangerous precedent. Illogical because by that logic, any idiot who overpays for an item is pretty much entitled to break even at the very least. Not how it works. Dangerous precedent because I could spend a week trying to bug abuse and I'd be guaranteed to get some item that isn't obtainable and then sell it to my friend who's in on the whole deal for 100b. I walk away with 100b, item gets removed, bug gets removed, friend gets 100b back. Boom, easy money and we've damaged the eco in the process.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:30 am

Fungamer wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:18 am
Again, black kite (t) has more value besides simply existing. I'm not sure about that item specifically, but it might also be like @Raj argument that some of these items were actually donated for.

The items we're discussing here provide nothing besides their existence, were obtained through bugs, dev oversight or what we would today consider staff abuse.

While it might sound fair to pay back what he spent on them, it's kinda illogical and sets a dangerous precedent. Illogical because by that logic, any idiot who overpays for an item is pretty much entitled to break even at the very least. Not how it works. Dangerous precedent because I could spend a week trying to bug abuse and I'd be guaranteed to get some item that isn't obtainable and then sell it to my friend who's in on the whole deal for 100b. I walk away with 100b, item gets removed, bug gets removed, friend gets 100b back. Boom, easy money and we've damaged the eco in the process.
Black kite (t) only holds value because you can publicly flex it, that doesn’t seem like much value compared to another 1 off item. If an item is found / obtained through a bug or through an ex admin abusing spawning items for people is there much of a difference?

There are so few items obtained like this, that assuming it’ll set any precedent for being removed out of the economy isn’t exactly fitting.

You’ve mentioned a very very specific that it could get abused although I could imagine it would also come with your ban, it wouldn’t take much digging or brain power to figure out when someone is specifically bug abusing for profit. This is all assuming that as you’re explaining an unlimited amount of items can be bugged into the game time after time as your explaining it :kekw:

But fr, if his items gets taken or they become viably obtained in the eco just refund this man for whatever he had paid, along if he does sell them then compensate the buyer within reason.. obviously these items aren’t going for 5T each and it wouldn’t take much thought to know if they’re trying to pull a quick one or genuinely just want these items for a fair price. Keep in mind jumping bug is the same person who has obtained atleast a place holder for EVERY tradeable item ingame. He’s not up to no good, he’s a good guy and this should be considered.

Arrsenic
Premium Donator

Post by Arrsenic » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:22 am

Keep my item's name out your FUCKING MOUTH.
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:32 am

Arrsenic wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:22 am Keep my item's name out your FUCKING MOUTH.
? Is only game

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:29 pm

Patel wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:02 am I'm not sure why there's a disagreement here. Some people like having unique things on an old server where many people pass by. There's absolutely *nothing* wrong with wanting to feel special for having some pixels, even if they are somehow exclusive or obtained through means no longer possible. Owners get to decide what is and isn't allowed, but players decide what is and isn't important to them. Plenty of people think dumb unobtainable pixels are meaningful and worth compensation.

On the flipside, plenty of people don't feel that way. They certainly have no right to demean others for thinking they can be special on an RSPS, no matter how dumb they think the pixels are, but they can value other things like game development, achievements via leaderboards, or competitions that they feel are more "fair".

All in all, PkHonor has always been a place that welcomes both. One generation's feature is another's bug. I will happily give you a thumbs up for owning a dumb white cape or having untradable ore in your bank. I will also do the same if you max your account or obtain an extremely rare, nondiscontinued item fair and square. It's all part of the game.

I demand to have my glitched method of obtaining palm leaves reinstated and for them to be tradeable again so I can sell the ones I have for 100b. I have not been able to cope with the emotional scars caused from this server years ago whenever people were scaming at the duel arena with this item, causing Mike to make them unobtainable and untradeable. I shall return to the server once my demands have been met, otherwise I shall remain logged out of my account that I poured hours upon hours on.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:46 pm

Azu rite wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:29 pm
I demand to have my glitched method of obtaining palm leaves reinstated
what was that glitched method lol, please tell us!