Closed

Buy, sell and inquire about our market here.
Forum rules
Please use tags in the topic title to indicate what kind of trade you are looking for. For example:

[BUY] Cooked Lobsters
[SELL] Cannonballs
[TRADE] Red Banana
[REQ] Quest Service

If your topic was moved before you were done with it, PM a staff member to have it unarchived.
Jumping bug
Honor Player

Re: Selling Collection Items and Unobtainables

Post by Jumping bug » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:38 am

Iron adam wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:49 pm
Jumping bug wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:21 pm The bowl was given as a reward for a player's hard work in helping Rapsey.
Damn thats all? :joy:
The extent to how much he helped or the specifics of the exchange I can't speak on because I don't know the full story. What I do know is that Rapsey is a very smart high IQ'd individual that from what I've seen is very honest and fair. If Rapsey felt the urge to reward said player for what he did then I'm confident he had a good reason for doing so.

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:53 am

Ryun wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:23 am
Patel wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:11 pm Don't they typically coincide though? Like a Legend's Cape or Initiate is the best example, they're junk everywhere else in RS(PS), but consistently used as long term investments on PkH. They're also used as a status symbol (pride). This was the case for the first 6 or 7 years of PkHonor, they only became donation items several years ago. But they started off as uniques. Wooden shields too. They were turned into donation items later on, and I think Rapsey has a detailed post somewhere about the pro's and con's of that kind decision. Not saying bowls should become donation items too, but rather that we certainly have accepted some unobtainables as a part of the economy in the past. It was easier with Initiate/Legends/Woodens IMO due to their volume. The problem seems to be more obscure items/items with less volume. Officially, the decision to pay like 1T for the one-off Gilded set was stated to be a mistake. IMO it was a great idea. But that's a difference of opinion - it's clearly more involved to do it case-by-case. But there's also a pretty limited number of one-offs when compared to something like Initiate sets.

I thought woodens were obtained legitimately through their respawn point behind varrock by wildy ditch (same spawn as osrs) but an update removed the spawn with an update accidentally thus superinflating the item?

(i could be completely wrong but i swear thats what i heard years ago)
That is correct, I had 10 of them from before the spawn was accidentally removed.
Raj wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:09 pm I think those all qualify as glitches/what would today be considered staff abuse, to be fair. Worth nothing Rapsey also can do literally whatever he wants with the game at any given moment so no one's saying he's wrong for doing it, it's just a reality of the situation that it wasn't obtained through necessarily fair means. A lot of players have done a lot of really hard work and got absolutely nothing but a thanks for it.
I believe almost all unobtainable items would fall under those categories. It is true, Mike and Rapsey can do whatever they like whenever they'd like without reason, no one can contest that as PkHonor would not exist without them. I also believe that a little communication can go a long way, if and when they do make a final decision on items like these.

I obtained 5 "wrong ID" cut dragonstones from thieving gem stalls in the second half of 2008 I believe, this was shortly after some work was done on the thieving skill. They couldn't be crafted or used in any way, but they were tradeable. It wasn't in the game for very long, and as far as I know I was the only active player who actually had them. I would sometimes jokingly yell that I was selling them for 1t each.

I wasn't actually trying to sell them, although I would have if someone I knew genuinely wanted one. If I knew that they didn't want me to joke about selling them or wanted to make them untradeable I wouldn't have argued it. Not sure exactly when, maybe 2016, but one day I logged on and they had disappeared from my bank without communication as to why. Between my favorite keepsake being removed without reason and wildy achievements coming out preventing me from wearing my recently acquired comp cape(majority of the tasks I had completed before the logs for them existed), my beef with Billiam along with how toxic playing was making me were the reasons I quit. You could say I was butthurt.

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:26 am

Yeah see, I find having items for any reason being taken from my bank without any communication very concerning. This breaches a trust that players have with both Mike and Rapsey. I understand if they do in fact take items but I do feel that a little communication goes a long ways.

Fungamer
Developer

Re: Selling 7m Bronze Arrows

Post by Fungamer » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:52 am

Raj wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:43 pm Feel like a happy middle ground is making the items untradeable, unless they’re someday actually needed
^
Making them untradeable will solve most of the (potential) issues with these items while still letting people flex with a weird unobtainable item in their bank.
Jumping bug wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:26 am Yeah see, I find having items for any reason being taken from my bank without any communication very concerning. This breaches a trust that players have with both Mike and Rapsey. I understand if they do in fact take items but I do feel that a little communication goes a long ways.
I don't know how many times this has to be repeated but in this scenario there is no sacred bond of trust between the owners and you. Even if there was, you (or the ones who owned the items before that) already broke this hypothetical trust by selling these super unique items that were given as keepsake or by abusing bugs to obtain (& eventually sell) these items. You're not going to bullshit me into believing Rapsey for example gave away the bowl with the intent of seeing it be sold for more than 1gp later on. Let alone he would've wanted to see it swap hands to begin with.

Its mind-bending to me how you not only see why these items are fundamentally different from items like Legends, but that you also feel entitled to some sort of compensation as well. In the strictest sense, confiscation is fully justified and not banning you (and previous owners of these items) for selling these items would be considered the "nice" thing to do rather than the "fair" thing. And you're here trying to get compensation.

Nah, friend, these items should (and probably will very soon) become untradeable and quite frankly if you keep bitching about it then they should just be straight up confiscated IMO. At that point you're not fooling anyone when you say greed isn't the driving factor in this whole discussion. The items will still do the exact same, only you wont be able to sell them for exorbitant prices.

Also note that making these untradeable (and depending on the goodwill, maybe even making a duplicate item model for an obtainable variant, allowing you to have a unique item model a la Nolan with his dragonstones in case the item does get introduced) actually takes way more effort and special attention from devs rather than pretty much any admin+ removing them from your account. That's going above and beyond for what I'd expect from pkh. Virtually unheard of for RSPSes in general.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:37 pm

lol chilllll

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:29 pm

Yikes

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:53 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:52 am
Raj wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:43 pm Feel like a happy middle ground is making the items untradeable, unless they’re someday actually needed
^
Making them untradeable will solve most of the (potential) issues with these items while still letting people flex with a weird unobtainable item in their bank.
Jumping bug wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:26 am Yeah see, I find having items for any reason being taken from my bank without any communication very concerning. This breaches a trust that players have with both Mike and Rapsey. I understand if they do in fact take items but I do feel that a little communication goes a long ways.
I don't know how many times this has to be repeated but in this scenario there is no sacred bond of trust between the owners and you. Even if there was, you (or the ones who owned the items before that) already broke this hypothetical trust by selling these super unique items that were given as keepsake or by abusing bugs to obtain (& eventually sell) these items. You're not going to bullshit me into believing Rapsey for example gave away the bowl with the intent of seeing it be sold for more than 1gp later on. Let alone he would've wanted to see it swap hands to begin with.

Its mind-bending to me how you not only see why these items are fundamentally different from items like Legends, but that you also feel entitled to some sort of compensation as well. In the strictest sense, confiscation is fully justified and not banning you (and previous owners of these items) for selling these items would be considered the "nice" thing to do rather than the "fair" thing. And you're here trying to get compensation.

Nah, friend, these items should (and probably will very soon) become untradeable and quite frankly if you keep bitching about it then they should just be straight up confiscated IMO. At that point you're not fooling anyone when you say greed isn't the driving factor in this whole discussion. The items will still do the exact same, only you wont be able to sell them for exorbitant prices.

Also note that making these untradeable (and depending on the goodwill, maybe even making a duplicate item model for an obtainable variant, allowing you to have a unique item model a la Nolan with his dragonstones in case the item does get introduced) actually takes way more effort and special attention from devs rather than pretty much any admin+ removing them from your account. That's going above and beyond for what I'd expect from pkh. Virtually unheard of for RSPSes in general.
I'm sorry they took your special cup away from you. If that was me, I wouldn't want anyone to have similar items either.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:26 pm

Jumping bug wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:53 pm

I'm sorry they took your special cup away from you. If that was me, I wouldn't want anyone to have similar items either.
?
I sold/staked (dont remember) it to a player who's inactive now rofl. Way to change the subject and weasel out of actually providing a decent argument as to why you should be able to rip people off with a stick.

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:45 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:26 pm

?
I sold/staked (dont remember) it to a player who's inactive now rofl. Way to change the subject and weasel out of actually providing a decent argument as to why you should be able to rip people off with a stick.
Ah, my apologies. Either way, sorry you lost it.

I don't consider it ripping people off. People that are interested and have the means of buying them understand their rarity and are willing to pay large amounts for them. The value of an item is really determined by the price someone is willing to pay for it. I think that goes for these unobtainables. They could be worthless if nobody wants them or they could be worth a lot if someone deems they are worth that.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:29 am

Jumping bug wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:45 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:26 pm

?
Ah, my apologies. Either way, sorry you lost it.

I don't consider it ripping people off. People that are interested and have the means of buying them understand their rarity and are willing to pay large amounts for them. The value of an item is really determined by the price someone is willing to pay for it. I think that goes for these unobtainables. They could be worthless if nobody wants them or they could be worth a lot if someone deems they are worth that.
I say we collectively agree that legends cape is worth 10k. No more no less