Closed

Buy, sell and inquire about our market here.
Forum rules
Please use tags in the topic title to indicate what kind of trade you are looking for. For example:

[BUY] Cooked Lobsters
[SELL] Cannonballs
[TRADE] Red Banana
[REQ] Quest Service

If your topic was moved before you were done with it, PM a staff member to have it unarchived.
Fungamer
Developer

Re: Selling Unobtainables

Post by Fungamer » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:33 am

Jumping bug wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:04 am
Raj wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:03 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:18 pm Do you (and/or other devs) want to get rid of these items or not? A list of items and their new way of getting them could be gathered from the community. Disclaimers only give uncertainty and speculation. IMO staff, devs and owners should come out with a clear stance on these items since they've been in a grey area for so long. (And have been a source for scammers to trick people with obtainable yet obscure items)
I would have to talk to both owners about it. I would very happily make the change if they OK'd it. It is New Years though. It's just a standard disclaimer, and I can give a guarantee that I'll ask about it.

@Mike @Rapsey maybe in case you're browsing the forums and want to weigh in
I'm all for these being taken out of circulation to make these items obtainable again or not. But I respectfully do ask that Mike/Rapsey to do the fair thing and compensate me for them before doing so. This should be done with all similar items including the black kite (t) but that's my opinion.

But having said that, these items are over a decade old and it's unlikely they'll be removed all of a sudden.
Hard disagree on the compensation part. They're not wearable cosmetics. With those, you could actually flex with them and provided additional "value" besides not being able to get it. And that's why they were compensated for in the past. I also recall some of those unobtainables either becoming untradable or accessible again around those times (with no compensation as far as I know). I even believe cooked chicken is one of those, I vaguely recall it being unobtainable and later untradable before becoming obtainable again. Still cant eat em tho.

I might be a bit blunt but the only purpose the items you have actually hold is peddling them to some idiot who wants the satisfaction of having a few pixels that no one else has, even if it's going to stay in their bank or in the trade screen only. You wouldn't even be losing the items, other people would be able to get them. You were never given a guarantee to exclusivity. Neither did the ones with legends cape etc in the past but as I mentioned, those provided some sort of value other than the fact that they.... exist. There is no "fair" or "right" thing for Rapsey/Mike to do here. There is a "nice" thing they could do and compensate you, but I doubt that they will do that and if they do, you wont be happy with the amount. You might be able to peddle these items to someone for 100, maybe 250b each but I'm personally checking Rapsey into the Campus Sleidinge if he makes an offer over 10b for a stick, banana and bowl combined.

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:54 pm

Fungamer wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:33 am
Raj wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:03 pm

I would have to talk to both owners about it. I would very happily make the change if they OK'd it. It is New Years though. It's just a standard disclaimer, and I can give a guarantee that I'll ask about it.

@Mike @Rapsey maybe in case you're browsing the forums and want to weigh in
I'm all for these being taken out of circulation to make these items obtainable again or not. But I respectfully do ask that Mike/Rapsey to do the fair thing and compensate me for them before doing so. This should be done with all similar items including the black kite (t) but that's my opinion.

But having said that, these items are over a decade old and it's unlikely they'll be removed all of a sudden.
Hard disagree on the compensation part. They're not wearable cosmetics. With those, you could actually flex with them and provided additional "value" besides not being able to get it. And that's why they were compensated for in the past. I also recall some of those unobtainables either becoming untradable or accessible again around those times (with no compensation as far as I know). I even believe cooked chicken is one of those, I vaguely recall it being unobtainable and later untradable before becoming obtainable again. Still cant eat em tho.

I might be a bit blunt but the only purpose the items you have actually hold is peddling them to some idiot who wants the satisfaction of having a few pixels that no one else has, even if it's going to stay in their bank or in the trade screen only. You wouldn't even be losing the items, other people would be able to get them. You were never given a guarantee to exclusivity. Neither did the ones with legends cape etc in the past but as I mentioned, those provided some sort of value other than the fact that they.... exist. There is no "fair" or "right" thing for Rapsey/Mike to do here. There is a "nice" thing they could do and compensate you, but I doubt that they will do that and if they do, you wont be happy with the amount. You might be able to peddle these items to someone for 100, maybe 250b each but I'm personally checking Rapsey into the Campus Sleidinge if he makes an offer over 10b for a stick, banana and bowl combined.
I'll simply say that the day Mike or Rapsey decide to start confiscating items unfairly from players is the day I will be leaving Pkhonor and urging my friends to do the same. For myself and many others, a big reason why players, including myself, choose PkHonor over other servers is that there are no eco-resets here. Us players feel comfortable knowing we can acquire gp and items and know that we can leave the game for years and come back to all of our progress without it being taken from us. I play because I feel that the items I acquire won't be taken from me unwarranted even when Mike and Rapsey have the easy ability to do so for any reason they like. It's that kind of trust between Pkhonor players and its owners that helps make Pkhonor so special.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:01 pm

Jumping bug wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:54 pm

I'll simply say that the day Mike or Rapsey decide to start confiscating items unfairly from players is the day I will be leaving Pkhonor and urging my friends to do the same. For myself and many others, a big reason why players, including myself, choose PkHonor over other servers is that there are no eco-resets here. Us players feel comfortable knowing we can acquire gp and items and know that we can leave the game for years and come back to all of our progress without it being taken from us. I play because I feel that the items I acquire won't be taken from me unwarranted even when Mike and Rapsey have the easy ability to do so for any reason they like. It's that kind of trust between Pkhonor players and its owners that helps make Pkhonor so special.
If you're going to quit (and encourage others to quit) over having a stick, banana and bowl being removed from your account while strictly seen they could even be considered glitched items (meaning you should be grateful you've been able to hold them all this time and not banned for selling these), I can't stop you, but I hope you see that's absurd.

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:01 am

Fungamer wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:01 pm
Jumping bug wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:54 pm

If you're going to quit (and encourage others to quit) over having a stick, banana and bowl being removed from your account while strictly seen they could even be considered glitched items (meaning you should be grateful you've been able to hold them all this time and not banned for selling these), I can't stop you, but I hope you see that's absurd.
You're completely missing the point. Stick, banana, Fungamer's most recent squeezed out turd, doesn't matter what it is.

I kindly refer you here since you seem to feel so strongly. Best of luck to you. viewforum.php?f=65

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:12 am

Items wouldn't be removed from accounts in this case, just old items that used to be obtainable would be added back in. These items aren't like the custom donation items that were compensated for like the dkite and grain; they are common items which used to be in game, and aren't anymore for various reasons. Adding the methods of obtaining them back to the game has always been an assumed risk.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:29 am

Raj wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:12 am Items wouldn't be removed from accounts in this case, just old items that used to be obtainable would be added back in. These items aren't like the custom donation items that were compensated for like the dkite and grain; they are common items which used to be in game, and aren't anymore for various reasons. Adding the methods of obtaining them back to the game has always been an assumed risk.
Exactly. Not to mention that some of these unequipable items were also coming from admins back in like... 2009 (aka not obtained legitimately and through what we would now be decried as staff abuse) or achieved through glitches.

Obviously I don't think you should be banned @Jumping bug, it's just some stupid items, but at the same time you aren't entitled to a single thing. Expecting compensation for these items is absolutely insane. This isn't some "pkh is longterm and i can come back to my account at any time and pick up where i left off" sob story where you are the victim. It's you being called out for being extremely lucky to having had these items that shouldn't be in the game (in their current state at least) for years and trying to make a profit off of them knowing fully well these items were never meant to exist and are entirely worthless once they become obtainable again.

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:28 am

Raj wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:12 am Items wouldn't be removed from accounts in this case, just old items that used to be obtainable would be added back in. These items aren't like the custom donation items that were compensated for like the dkite and grain; they are common items which used to be in game, and aren't anymore for various reasons. Adding the methods of obtaining them back to the game has always been an assumed risk.
Assumed risk for whom? Can you please refer me to the place on the wiki where the origins of these items can be found and the knowledge of these items being "glitched" and not allowed for players to have can be found. Please explain how this is obvious information for any Pkhonor player. I joined may 9th, 2011 and I believe the banana and possibly the branch predate me joining the server. So how would I or nearly any current existing player have the knowledge that these items are glitched and not supposed to be in-game?
Fungamer wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:29 am
Exactly. Not to mention that some of these unequipable items were also coming from admins back in like... 2009 (aka not obtained legitimately and through what we would now be decried as staff abuse) or achieved through glitches.

Obviously I don't think you should be banned @Jumping bug, it's just some stupid items, but at the same time you aren't entitled to a single thing. Expecting compensation for these items is absolutely insane. This isn't some "pkh is longterm and i can come back to my account at any time and pick up where i left off" sob story where you are the victim. It's you being called out for being extremely lucky to having had these items that shouldn't be in the game (in their current state at least) for years and trying to make a profit off of them knowing fully well these items were never meant to exist and are entirely worthless once they become obtainable again.
The items may be stupid but they're items I spent hundreds of billions on. I was deprived of any indication that these items are glitched items or not supposed to be in-game. I was never told this by a staff member or developer or any player for that matter and I've had these for over a year. I bought these and was not the one whom obtained them illegitimately as "glitched items".

Just to be clear, we are speaking about the branch and banana here. The bowl's origins is a different category and to my knowledge was introduced by Rapsey. If he had an issue with someone having the bowl, he wouldn't have spawned it in to begin with.

I'm fairly certain Rapsey knows about all 3 being in game and he's chosen to do nothing about it. I really don't think there's an issue with them being in-game nor do I think there's a present interest in them being introduced back into the game or fixed right now for upcoming updates. If there is, then I can understand things needing to be addressed.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:43 am

Jumping bug wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:28 am I'm fairly certain Rapsey knows about all 3 being in game and he's chosen to do nothing about it. I really don't think there's an issue with them being in-game nor do I think there's a present interest in them being introduced back into the game or fixed right now for upcoming updates. If there is, then I can understand things needing to be addressed.
There's no issue with them being in game, the issue is with them being sold for high prices. It kinda makes the eco look like a meme. And it keeps us from making the game more finished.

As for not having any indication, come on. You bought a bowl for whatever price. Like what if we added stews one day? The dramen stick was (and is meant to be, after talking with Mike) in game. I feel like the disclaimer is implied when you buy an item priced at 1 gp for more than that.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:11 am

Thank you for the entertainment.

I will hereby offer one hundred thousand of my finest pkhonorian gold pieces for all 3.

Please feel free to contact me in game to make trade!

- Not So Good

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:16 am

Jumping bug wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:28 am
The items may be stupid but they're items I spent hundreds of billions on. I was deprived of any indication that these items are glitched items or not supposed to be in-game. I was never told this by a staff member or developer or any player for that matter and I've had these for over a year. I bought these and was not the one whom obtained them illegitimately as "glitched items".
Cut the crap about not knowing these weren't glitched or illegitimate items. You 100% did know these were somehow glitched or spawned in (when they shouldn't have been). Why else would they be unobtainable (and sometimes one of a kind)?

I mean, do I have to say it? Sadly, you were the fool who bought these items. Even if you were completely ignorant of what these items really were (idiocy does not qualify you for compensation btw), you bought them with the afterthought of making a nice profit if you can sell them. If you didn't intend to sell them, well, you were planning on holding a stupid unobtainable and flexing it even though the fact that these are ingame yet unobtainable are bad for the game itself. I'm sorry but its hard to be compassionate considering the motive can still be traced back to you being greedy in some way lol. Yeah its unfortunate for you if the chain of meme items sold for hundreds of billions ends with you and you're the only one who lost out, but that's a risk you should've considered before getting into the business. I know I sure did back when I had the Special Cup. :pogo: