Closed

Buy, sell and inquire about our market here.
Forum rules
Please use tags in the topic title to indicate what kind of trade you are looking for. For example:

[BUY] Cooked Lobsters
[SELL] Cannonballs
[TRADE] Red Banana
[REQ] Quest Service

If your topic was moved before you were done with it, PM a staff member to have it unarchived.
Jumping bug
Honor Player

Closed

Post by Jumping bug » Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:49 pm

Closed
Last edited by Jumping bug on Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Raj
Developer

Re: Selling Unobtainables

Post by Raj » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:22 pm

Disclaimers:

The dramen branch is obtainable and used during the Last Journey Quest. If it's not, it might be bugged and might be fixed.

Bananas would be made obtainable if functionality is added to Bones to Bananas in the standard spellbook.

Bowls would be made obtainable if they're added as a crafting skilling method.

I can't say whether or not those things will happen, but it's vaguely possible they could if people tried selling common/glitched items for high prices.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:36 pm

Selling Stick 50B

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:55 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:22 pm Disclaimers:

The dramen branch is obtainable and used during the Last Journey Quest. If it's not, it might be bugged and might be fixed.
iirc you cant get it anymore, so i guess it is bugged indeed :s
also i'm pretty sure you can still access that dungeon after the quest so that'd be cool to have fixed to add another nice useless item in my bank

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:18 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:22 pmbut it's vaguely possible they could if people tried selling common/glitched items for high prices.
They have been sold for high prices & then kept quiet for a while for more than a decade (time I've been on pkh). I dont really care if they become obtainable or not but these types of disclaimers have also always been given while not much changed. These disclaimers are like a paralyzed man saying he might walk one day. He could, but precedent has shown its so unlikely that what he's saying falls on deaf ears.

Do you (and/or other devs) want to get rid of these items or not? A list of items and their new way of getting them could be gathered from the community. Disclaimers only give uncertainty and speculation. IMO staff, devs and owners should come out with a clear stance on these items since they've been in a grey area for so long. (And have been a source for scammers to trick people with obtainable yet obscure items)

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:03 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:18 pm Do you (and/or other devs) want to get rid of these items or not? A list of items and their new way of getting them could be gathered from the community. Disclaimers only give uncertainty and speculation. IMO staff, devs and owners should come out with a clear stance on these items since they've been in a grey area for so long. (And have been a source for scammers to trick people with obtainable yet obscure items)
I would have to talk to both owners about it. I would very happily make the change if they OK'd it. It is New Years though. It's just a standard disclaimer, and I can give a guarantee that I'll ask about it.

@Mike @Rapsey maybe in case you're browsing the forums and want to weigh in

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:10 pm

Raj wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:03 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:18 pm Do you (and/or other devs) want to get rid of these items or not? A list of items and their new way of getting them could be gathered from the community. Disclaimers only give uncertainty and speculation. IMO staff, devs and owners should come out with a clear stance on these items since they've been in a grey area for so long. (And have been a source for scammers to trick people with obtainable yet obscure items)
I would have to talk to both owners about it. I would very happily make the change if they OK'd it. It is New Years though. It's just a standard disclaimer, and I can give a guarantee that I'll ask about it.
Ofc ofc, I don't expect it to happen immediately, just wanted to give a little push towards actual change (or policy) so that there will be no more need for these disclaimers time after time :prayge:

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:03 am

I still want my 5 "wrong ID" dragonstones from 2008/2009 back. IDC if they become untradeable, they were my favorite keepsake. I stole them from the stall fair and square!

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:11 am

My 0 stats vls from the last kraken event is for sale 100b obo

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:04 am

Raj wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:03 pm

@Mike @Rapsey maybe in case you're browsing the forums and want to weigh in
I'm all for these being taken out of circulation to make these items obtainable again or not. But I respectfully do ask that Mike/Rapsey to do the fair thing and compensate me for them before doing so. This should be done with all similar items including the black kite (t) but that's my opinion.

But having said that, these items are over a decade old and it's unlikely they'll be removed all of a sudden.