PkHonor PVM Bingo

All of the events happening in PkHonor will be posted here.
Stale fish1
Wise One

Re: PkHonor PVM Bingo

Post by Stale fish1 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:09 am

Monys wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:01 am @Xsquire1 how would you even go about monitoring an honor account? Say it was a rule to not use them, fine. I don't use my honor to help me. But then I just ask 6 of my friends to use theirs. I just don't think it is easy enough to monitor.

A fair amount of teams were irons anyways, so they can't even use honors.
This exactly, also 90% of people who participated have an honor acc it different when you can have three to four people log into the same account thus letting it play for close to 24 hours a day during the event which puts everyone else at an unfair advantage because they didn't find or use the "loop hole" within the rules

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:13 am

To be fair, I also didn't really feel like sharing accounts was against the event rules, but that's just my opinion. The end result remains the same regardless so I don't know why we even have this discussion, maybe if Will Be Ok got more than just an ACB it would have been closer...

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:16 am

Nazuths wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:13 am To be fair, I also didn't really feel like sharing accounts was against the event rules, but that's just my opinion. The end result remains the same regardless so I don't know why we even have this discussion, maybe if Will Be Ok got more than just an ACB it would have been closer...
I mean if he broke rules I would assume it would be a DQ. However it doesn’t make a difference to me as I was going to give Znoxy the entire prize pool for what we had won.

Also Fuk you idiote @Nazuths
Took 500+ KC for that acb.
Went 7 hours dry at TSD to NOT get an occult orb
Went 4 hours dry at vorkath...
Hopefully we can launch an investigation to confirm that nazoots and cc has been messing with my RNG -.-

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:27 am

Monys wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:01 am @Xsquire1 how would you even go about monitoring an honor account? Say it was a rule to not use them, fine. I don't use my honor to help me. But then I just ask 6 of my friends to use theirs. I just don't think it is easy enough to monitor.

A fair amount of teams were irons anyways, so they can't even use honors.
Well, for starters, just making it a rule that using honor accounts to boost killcounts is forbidden and if you’re caught, you will be automatically disqualified. That will set the tone and test the participants integrity.

Since you have an event Referee with godlike powers, simply popping in on event participants (maybe pick 5 participants a day and pop in and check on them). This will remind participants that they are being monitored for compliance and it will encourage them to stick to the rules.

The entire premise of this argument is that account sharing is not going to make nearly as big of an advantage as other factors can. I’m not trying to dictate how you run your event, I’m only providing input from the outside and you can choose whether the input is valid or absolute garbage (which 99% of my input is).

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:50 am

@Icewallocome @Raider klan
@B o n e s 2
@Mitrovic @Stale fish @Stale fish1
@Reprobate
@Byob @Ensignor
@Church @Pkh takeover
@Will be ok2 @Znoxy
@Joeyrocks130 @Vitoc

Update your bingo sheets like this along with the drops

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:17 am

Monys wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:50 am @Icewallocome @Raider klan
@B o n e s 2
@Reprobate
@Byob @Ensignor
@Church @Pkh takeover
@Will be ok2 @Znoxy
@Joeyrocks130 @Vitoc

Team mitrofish 0 Drops, did however acquire over 2k magic seeds :) suckstosuck

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:39 am

Monys wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:50 am @Icewallocome @Raider klan
@B o n e s 2
@Reprobate
@Byob @Ensignor
@Church @Pkh takeover
@Will be ok2 @Znoxy
@Joeyrocks130 @Vitoc

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:53 am

The underdog wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:52 am
Church wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:32 pm
The underdog wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:14 pm

Unnecessary overkill policing for a fun event.
It's not overkill at all mate. What's wrong with preventing unfair advantages in competitions? If it's just for fun why does the rule matter that much?
Everyone can do it so how's it an unfair advantage. I mean it's gonna be debating whether place 4 is place 4 or something over some vague rule that's why I'm saying cba.

Say the event was 10T prize pool I'd have teamed up with people too because otherwise it costs too much of your time and imo it's not obviously against the rules of the event. My event purposely had shared accounts to compensate something that's actually an unfair advantage, maybe it's your week off while somebody else has to write an important essay. I already didn't enjoy having to grind this much for it. So it's from intended feature 1 event ago to suddenly against the rules. And in light of the mention about honor accounts this seems like a similar scenario so if you talk about the intention of the rules overall, this fits in as being allowed.

So for future events rather be designed anti nolife than having rules like this that force you to nolife to win. Even though it's very hard to implement something like that for this particular bingo event. That's also why I expect the rules to be loose. And I consider this a small prize pool given the time investment that would pay you five times as much if you'd only do a better money maker instead.
Saying that everyone has the potential to account share is not the same as saying that every one can. For example, I cannot. There's not a single person on this server that I would allow on my account at this point for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Why is one of these advantages any more or less fair than the other? People who have friends willing to work on the same account for the same goal in what was clearly stated to be a two team event or people who just have more free time?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:47 am

Everyone can download and run a bot, so how is that an unfair advantage?

Akuizm
Premium Donator

Post by Akuizm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am

Iron adam wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:47 am Everyone can download and run a bot, so how is that an unfair advantage?
L0l i love adam. Mans always has a rebuttal for everything.