PkHonor PVM Bingo

All of the events happening in PkHonor will be posted here.
Church
Premium Donator

Re: PkHonor PVM Bingo

Post by Church » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:32 pm

It is my opinion that since teams were clearly states to be made up of either 1 or 2 people, and that allowing people to multilog with more than those two people constitutes an unfair advantage that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules.

I don't think it should be allowed, and I am more than willing to confirm whether or not it happened by checking the logs.

But I'm open to arguments as to why it should be allowed, if you can convince me I'll change my mind.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Church wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:32 pm It is my opinion that since teams were clearly states to be made up of either 1 or 2 people, and that allowing people to multilog with more than those two people constitutes an unfair advantage that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules.

I don't think it should be allowed, and I am more than willing to confirm whether or not it happened by checking the logs.

But I'm open to arguments as to why it should be allowed, if you can convince me I'll change my mind.
Shouldn't be allowed. Team of 2 people not 2 shared accounts.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:41 pm

Isaac wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:39 pm
Church wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:32 pm It is my opinion that since teams were clearly states to be made up of either 1 or 2 people, and that allowing people to multilog with more than those two people constitutes an unfair advantage that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules.

maybe ask monys about his rules more, none of this was specifically listed in the event rules.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:45 pm

Antonio wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:41 pm
Isaac wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:39 pm

maybe ask monys about his rules more, none of this was specifically listed in the event rules.
As I said, the rules clearly state teams are either one person or two people, meaning the spirit of the rules is that the max is two players.

It's also clear that allowing multilogging gives some people a significant unfair advantage, which is why this had been an issue in other events in the past. You won't convince me by saying it wasn't spelled out clearly enough in the original post, that's not what I'm concerned about. You need to convince me it should be allowed.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:47 pm

Church wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:45 pm As I said, the rules clearly state teams are either one person or two people, meaning the spirit of the rules is that the max is two players.

It's also clear that allowing multilogging gives some people a significant unfair advantage, which is why this had been an issue in other events in the past. You won't convince me by saying it wasn't spelled out clearly enough in the original post, that's not what I'm concerned about. You need to convince me it should be allowed.
as you wish fam!

Elon musky
Premium Donator

Post by Elon musky » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:13 pm

The only problem I have with your statement is this
Monys wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:04 pm
Xsquire1 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:56 pm Man this event looks too good to be true. I really hope I am able to participate.

What about honor accounts though? Will there be any rules against using honors or is it just ffa?
Using an honor account is allowed as there isn't a great way to police it
I don’t see a difference in 1 person using his account and 3 honor alts to PVM and multiple people sharing an account to PVM.

In my opinion, because neither can be prevented, both shall be allowed.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:24 pm

Xsquire1 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:13 pm

The only problem I have with your statement is this
Monys wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:04 pm
Xsquire1 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:56 pm Man this event looks too good to be true. I really hope I am able to participate.

What about honor accounts though? Will there be any rules against using honors or is it just ffa?
Using an honor account is allowed as there isn't a great way to police it
I don’t see a difference in 1 person using his account and 3 honor alts to PVM and multiple people sharing an account to PVM.

In my opinion, because neither can be prevented, both shall be allowed.
Well any form of cheating can't be prevented. The key is that pvming with an honor account can't be detected. Account sharing can be detected.

IMO MOnys was clear that it is 2 players per team, not more. As he was the sexy gentleman who organized this event, we will have to wait for his judgement.

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:32 pm

Listen I did not know because it was not explicitly mentioned in the rules, and i apologize. When I saw the rule that said “the drop must be in player 1 or player 2s name” I believed that technically anyone could play on the account as long as the account got the drop. If the person who was playing on my account had actually gotten a drop, I would remove it off my bingo. However, I got all the drops myself, you can check ip of the drops or however it goes.
Last edited by Pk gts on Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:39 pm

I'm the referee for this event, and since no one has made any convincing arguments I've decided it is against the rules.

I may not be able to do it tonight, but tomorrow I will be confirming that all drops were obtained by the person who owns the account and not account sharing.

For what it's worth, I don't think using honors is the same. Anyone can use in game or IRL money to buy honor tickets, but not everyone can ask other people to do work on their account for them.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:41 pm

I think we should take all offenders out to the gallows behind draynor manor