Official Banner Poll

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Vote for your favorite

Poll ended at Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:44 pm

6%
22%
1%
33%
No votes
19%
8%
7%
4%

Total votes: 116

Leviathans
Premium Donator

Re: Official Banner Poll

Post by Leviathans » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:50 am

Mike wrote:The banners will only be put to use once construction has been fully released for all players. We don't want to lure players with false promises, only for them to find out it isn't there yet.
I would even want to wait until the skill has been out for a week or so and all last bugs have been removed from it.

We will most likely also ask the contest winner to do some modifications to their banner. There are some very good ones, but they all have at least one thing that could be improved about them. I know, we're asking a lot, but a great banner can make all the difference - and we'll probably be using it for months (perhaps years) to come! Not to mention the prize is worth a few extra hours of work :)
You never said what one you voted for though :)
Mike wrote: In your dreams fagget.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:02 am

Leviathans wrote:You never said what one you voted for though :)
#6. It was a tough choice between that one and #2 though.

The first time I saw the lineup of banners, 2 and 6 immediately caught my attention. And I immediately knew those are exactly what we need.

No offense to the current favorite (#4), it's a very nice banner but it doesn't stand out. If we would use this banner as advertisement on a site, I'm afraid people wouldn't notice it - a good banner is something that immediately catches a person their eye, which - in my opinion - isn't the case with that one. It also has no actual pictures of what we offer (no visual proof of what's written on the banner) and I doubt anyone would take the time to read that much text. The text is also too small, on a 15" laptop screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution (which I use), it's barely readable.

At university, we took classes where they taught us what's important about a great presentation - that applies to powerpoints, websites and banners as well. A few clear pictures and a few keywords, that's the best thing from a marketing perspective. And that's exactly what #2 and #6 have.

Fierce

Post by Fierce » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:50 am

I think as far as banner, we should move out of this whole space theme.... we are a fucking Rsps... not a starcraft.

So.. Even though that one has the most votes, I think #2 should win.

Edit: Just read Mike's post. I agree, it doesn't focus at all on the server... just on planets.
Shamelessly Stolen avatar and signature from Djpon3 because attack on titan and oreimo.

Hamade
Founder

Post by Hamade » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:52 am

Pretty amazing banners. Proud of all the contributors.
I am Hamade. Find me in the Intelligent Debate section attempting to harvest some intelligence.

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:54 am

Whoever made that, remove the white background. .-.

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:55 am

Fierce wrote:I think as far as banner, we should move out of this whole space theme.... we are a fucking Rsps... not a starcraft.

So.. Even though that one has the most votes, I think #2 should win.

Edit: Just read Mike's post. I agree, it doesn't focus at all on the server... just on planets.
Replace the planets with the faces of Mike, Dylan and Hamade.
I'd say Rapsey, but ... he still remains a mystery to me ~.-

No balls, banner #4. :lol:

Uchihaobito
Premium Donator

Post by Uchihaobito » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:13 am

Why are people going for the banner with the planets.. it doesn't show it just tells. A good banner should portray what we have.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:18 am

Uchihaobito wrote:Why are people going for the banner with the planets.. it doesn't show it just tells. A good banner should portray what we have.
The only ones that even show pics are 2,3, and 6, and I think each one of those loops incredibly sloppy (MY OPINION). I just feel #4 looks very professionally done and It was the first one my eyes shot to when I opened this thread, and that's what we need when it comes to a top list.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:31 am

The princess wrote:Image

I agree...

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:19 am

Azurite wrote:
The princess wrote:Image

I agree...
Yes please...turn it into transparency with slight black glow.