Staff Project: Helper Re-work!

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Jumping bug
Honor Player

Re: Staff Project: Helper Re-work!

Post by Jumping bug » Tue May 16, 2023 12:17 pm

Is the average player even aware of how one actually becomes a helper? The majority of us know you can't apply for helper status but how many people actually know the process on how one becomes a helper? Is there a place that educates players on this? I see occasionally someone newer will apply for helper but I can't really blame them because how would they know?

Same with youtuber rank, one could just assume they make a youtube video and boom easy youtube rank. I feel like players can be educated better on the ranks and how they're achieved.

Hunkofman
Senior Moderator

Post by Hunkofman » Tue May 16, 2023 4:44 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:44 am So as a little summary :
  • helpers should appear on ::staff, under their own "Helpers" category,
  • should have a better yell timer (half of what premium donor have at least)
  • I love the concept of having a ::xteleto <<Username>> that functions exactly like ::private but it only teleports the helper ( with the other player having to ::accept the teleport)
  • As a reward of their hard work, having a 5%(?) extra experience is more than fine, considering you can't apply for helper, and they are manually picked
  • The last thing, what I fear the most, is the "helper curse". Ever since the rank was brought back, it had a giant curse. Whoever had it, got extremely inactive, rendering the rank pretty much useless. Even Juntow nowadays is just an afking machine. I'd say I got lucky with it since I stepped up to mod quite fast after getting helper. Would love to at least have a 5h-10h playtime requirement per week.

This ^

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Wed May 17, 2023 3:40 am

Jayden & Ryan have me tied up at the aus pkh hq (ryans basement) until I comment on this pls help me helpers :prayge:

Would love to see an additional step brought in which would be a helper application. From there players can apply for moderator status (not a given). This qould create a steady flow of helpers which once proven themselves have the opportunity to become something more for the server.

This would also tie into respires recommendation to have a hourly quota to meet.

:pogo:

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Wed May 17, 2023 7:34 am

Or we could sell some yet to be named status for 1t? Status would have no perk other than symbol in front of their name.

Then we can let all the crown chasers fix the eco for us.

I'm thinking a giant eggplant as the symbol.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed May 17, 2023 7:56 am

Support for helper applications + ::staff list

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Wed May 17, 2023 10:12 am

Useless rank, would rather abolish instead of revamp it. If one needs help, he can ask in pkhonor cc, his own cc, look up wiki, yell, private chat, or even forums for more serious help needs. Lots of channels to reach out, absolutely no need to add another one for the lazy individuals. Helping someone when you are able to, should be a normal attitude/value, so why'd you want to implement a special rank for that.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed May 17, 2023 1:44 pm

Mitrovic wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:12 am . Helping someone when you are able to, should be a normal attitude/value, so why'd you want to implement a special rank for that.
Showing appreciation to those who go above and beyond to dedicate a larger-than-expected (for a normal player) portion of their time ingame helping people out can go a long way.

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Thu May 18, 2023 12:16 am

Fungamer wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:44 pm
Mitrovic wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:12 am . Helping someone when you are able to, should be a normal attitude/value, so why'd you want to implement a special rank for that.
Showing appreciation to those who go above and beyond to dedicate a larger-than-expected (for a normal player) portion of their time ingame helping people out can go a long way.
It's still subjective

I myself try to help whenever I can, for example with raids setups, helped a ton of people with that already. But I'm not interested in that rank because it's worth nothing (atleast that's how I perceive it). And I know lots of other players who are very helpful as well, just because it's who they are, and not because they want to be the middle of attention being the super helpful guy.

You can promote 1 or 2 players to this rank because coincidally you might have seen some helpful behaviour from that player, but in fact hurt 8 other players as well because they feel like being super helpful too without getting appreciation for that, however they kind of 'grind' the rank (I've literally seen people saying they grind this rank)

Markymark
Premium Donator

Post by Markymark » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:35 pm

Mitrovic wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:16 am
Fungamer wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:44 pm
It's still subjective

I myself try to help whenever I can, for example with raids setups, helped a ton of people with that already. But I'm not interested in that rank because it's worth nothing (atleast that's how I perceive it). And I know lots of other players who are very helpful as well, just because it's who they are, and not because they want to be the middle of attention being the super helpful guy.

You can promote 1 or 2 players to this rank because coincidally you might have seen some helpful behaviour from that player, but in fact hurt 8 other players as well because they feel like being super helpful too without getting appreciation for that, however they kind of 'grind' the rank (I've literally seen people saying they grind this rank)
Well no one tells them to sit at helpcentre 18 hours a day, then again those that do is their own will. No one is asking you to help anyone, and whenever you do, you dont HAVE to be rewarded with anything other than a "Thank you". If you want benefits of a moderator, youd have to standout as someone that can hold that power. Weve had how many staff members "change" 180 after becoming mod? Last thing we need is people fighting and arguing over a position Malek can obtain. Helper rank I think is fine as it is. They dont need to have any commands of punishment, as thats what moderators are there for. Helper rank is to do just that, help people that have any questions, and if you sinply dont feel like helping at that moment because of feelings or sickness, sinply dont. I dont know how many times ive been told by mods that theyre "Busy", if a moderator can, a helper sure can.

The rank is only given to those that are more active than others, stand out to the community, and are friendly almost every interaction, even the bad ones. I didnt know you needed to be rewarded for being a helpful player, You would thing the rank is good enough.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:32 pm

Helper Rank was and always should be someone people can turn to when they need advice or help. That's what having the rank means.