Event Feedback

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Event Feedback

Post by Rapsey » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:46 pm

Silliekill wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:20 pm
Church wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:53 am
Edonist wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:59 am We don't even have 25-30 unique players bro
This not unique or helpful. It's wrong and a defeatist attitude that does nothing but make the problem people claim to care about worse.
He ain’t wrong though sadly
He is, by an order of magnitude. If you said 250-300 unique players you'd be in the ballpark for how many are online on a daily basis.

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:54 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:46 pm
This not unique or helpful. It's wrong and a defeatist attitude that does nothing but make the problem people claim to care about worse.
He is, by an order of magnitude. If you said 250-300 unique players you'd be in the ballpark for how many are online on a daily basis.
And how many of those are active on forums? Since that's where were at

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:27 pm

Silliekill wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:54 pm And how many of those are active on forums? Since that's where were at
There's 22 registered users that are listed as online at the time I'm writing this. Granted, that just means they were active during the past 90 minutes, but it suggests 25-30 should be feasible on the forums.

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:32 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:27 pm
Silliekill wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:54 pm And how many of those are active on forums? Since that's where were at
There's 22 registered users that are listed as online at the time I'm writing this. Granted, that just means they were active during the past 90 minutes, but it suggests 25-30 should be feasible on the forums.
With 2 of those being bing and google that leaves 20, but sure it's feasible but sadly the past has shown us that forums is usually the same group of people, usually a minority, who express their opinion while most other people that do play the game don't. It's hard to find a forums post where 25 unique accounts shared their opinion about a certain topic.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:16 pm

Which Events would you like to see more of, and which would you like to see less of?

I do often keep track of events, I would say more predictability (to an extent). For example, I know you calculate the sequence in advance but does that not also mean you have a way to display this? Like the smaller 1-2 hour events, I like these, but I'd like to know when more are gonna happen. For example, I log in and see a Hydra event for 2 hours, but its at 7pm and its only 10am. So I'll come back later this evening then, perfect.

Same could be for skilling exp hours too. Reduced but consistent mini buffs.

I will just clarify, these events would not need to be as good as existing ones now. Maybe a 15% buff to drops, free entrance, 50% pet drop chance instead. Keeping it balanced is key.

Man, I always thought of a PkHonor - Well of Good Fortune - where players donate items into it to maybe flip a chance for a preferred event, but they just cause one to happen for an hour. I can see it now, "Nazuths has just rolled a Construction Skill Buff for 1 hour!". The hero with the clutch.

I'd maybe just keep these events on a roller though, or random (makes it funny when an event double rolls) generator, display events for the next 12 hours in game.

What Rewards would you like to see more of?

For Community PVM Events, I think having one other reward for top 3 in the form of Reward Points, a new currency. 1st - 100, 2nd - 50 3rd - 25. Tradeable. Open a new shop (nice new unused area?), offer some new items (a shop that just sells, for example, a full set of dragon tools ready to rock, purchasable for these Reward Points. The tools are already buyable or obtainable elsewhere already.

What are your opinions of the current frequency of events? (1 community event per month, event every weekend, 3 x 3 hour wednesday events, 1-2 flash events a week)?

i think I touched on this above, but honestly more community events, maybe lower amounts but 2 at once? Gives choice and community working together to evenly defeat them.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:04 pm

Edonist wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:59 am

We don't even have 25-30 unique players bro
He is wrong though, that is my point. Even if he was not it's still not helpful to have such a defeatist attitude.

Omp
Premium Donator

Post by Omp » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:16 pm

Which Events would you like to see more of, and which would you like to see less of?

More events focused on skilling, the economy in game is very mature so events such as 20%+ drops at bosses aren't really exciting for any player (unless new or iron) It seems the majority of the server is focusing on maxing/comping.

What Rewards would you like to see more of?

Skilling rewards or lamps. Giving from either PVM or PVP achievements. Imagine the activity if a 200m construction lamp was a reward.
I also feel like there needs to be an influx of new items or rares. Given out at mod events such as drop parties/h&s etc.

What are your opinions of the current frequency of events? (1 community event per month, event every weekend, 3 x 3 hour wednesday events, 1-2 flash events a week)

1x sklling 1x pvm event a week would be great.

Edonist
Honor Player

Post by Edonist » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:01 am

Church wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:04 pm

He is wrong though, that is my point. Even if he was not it's still not helpful to have such a defeatist attitude.
Seek help bro, all I meant was we do not even have 25-30 unique commenters on forums, let alone enough of them to comment in 48 hours for the 50b thing lmao. This had nothing to do with my attitude or anything

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:04 am

Edonist wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:01 am
Seek help bro, all I meant was we do not even have 25-30 unique commenters on forums, let alone enough of them to comment in 48 hours for the 50b thing lmao. This had nothing to do with my attitude or anything

If a new player or potential players log in and see people talking out of their ass like that why would they stick around?

If you actually care then you'd either be working towards solutions or just not saying stuff like that.
Please stay on topic edonist, or else we will have to take action on your performance on forums.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Edonist
Honor Player

Post by Edonist » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:16 pm

1.5 hrs left for the 48h deadline guys! Y'all got this!