Event Feedback

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Event Feedback

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:04 am

So for the past 2.5 years, I have been running the events on PkHonor. There have been a lot of people calling for different things. So, I want to get feedback from the community on what you like and what you don't like.

First, let me explain my overall approach to running events.

How do I choose which Events to run?
Spoiler: show
I am only able to run events that have been pre-coded into PkHonor's event system. So don't bother asking for 2x Construction XP or a Goblin event, because they don't exist.

Every month, I look at the event history and query which events have not been run in the longest time. I schedule those events while also trying to alternate between PvM and Skilling focused events. I also try not to doo too many wilderness bosses in a row, as that is a dead event for many players.

It is no secret that certain events are more valuable than others. Events like Cerberus, Hydra, Kraken, and GWD allow players to bypass significant requirements to kill a large amount of a given boss. While these events are among the most requested, I am hesitant to run these more frequently due to the players who complain about "fomo" events. So in general, these events are run at the same frequency as Giant Mole Events...
How do I chose Rewards for Events?
I often ask people in-game and on the forums what rewards they would like to see. Generally, I get zero feedback. So I have been sticking with the following methods.

For regular players, I alternate between:
  • PvP Focused Rewards - Ancient Warrior Equipment, Barrows, BH Shop items, Pk Sets, etc.
  • PvM Focused Rewards - PvM drops relevant to the current boss.
  • Skilling Focused Rewards - Smithing, Prayer, Fletching, Herblore, Crafting, Cooking, etc. supplies
For Ironmen, I generally focus more on skilling supplies and PvM drops. Pvp gear isnt as relevant. But I still put in the occasional good items like Imbued God Capes and Ring Imbue Scrolls.

Rewards for 3 and 7 day events usually target 200B total wealth given away. What you all need to understand is that an insane amount of wealth is being generated by these events. "Better" rewards would have a severe negative impact on the economy.
How is the timing of events decided?
The majority of events are run during peak times as determined by player count statistics. Weekend Events are always run from 8am friday server time to 8am monday. The 3 hour events are automatically generated with one in each peak time per region. I am always open to people suggesting events at any time of day when I am online. We have been regularly running requested 1-2 hour flash events for the past year.
So for you all I have 3 questions:
  • Which Events would you like to see more of, and which would you like to see less of?
  • What Rewards would you like to see more of?
  • What are your opinions of the current frequency of events? (1 community event per month, event every weekend, 3 x 3 hour wednesday events, 1-2 flash events a week)Also not taking any feedback from Gcar5 cause hes braindead

Church
Premium Donator

Re: Event Feedback

Post by Church » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:18 am

If we can get 25-30 different people to each provide unique and valuable feedback I will pick one person from the thread (doesn't have to be first 25-30) and give them 50b in game.

What counts as unique? Don't just say something someone else has said.

What counts as valuable? Suggest something that doesn't go against what Adam has already said in the thread, or something stupid like "just make every event give nothing but donor credits".

Good luck!

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:25 am

I have no opinion on the 3 questions you asked, I think events are fine, but are you really only able to do the actual automated events?

As event coordinator IMO you should get access to titan events (you already have a direct line to staff if you need "minions" or w.e) and some more... Spontaneous events as well ("e.g heres 100b, give it away in a fun, non automated event")

Unless that's something you don't want to be responsible for I don't see a reason why not. Feels like so much wasted potential if you're both willing & available, but can't because xyz restrictions on your role as event coordinator.

Suicidekills
Premium Donator

Post by Suicidekills » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:28 am

I'd like to be able to see further into the future. :badjokeeel: Not the flash events but the ones you schedule every month. If they could be given more advance for that'd be great. Not sure how everyone feels about that idea though.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:45 am

btw time limit for my offer is 48 hours from now.

Edonist
Honor Player

Post by Edonist » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:59 am

Church wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:45 am btw time limit for my offer is 48 hours from now.
We don't even have 25-30 unique players bro

Snowbourder1
Premium Donator

Post by Snowbourder1 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:07 am

Church wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:18 am If we can get 25-30 different people to each provide unique and valuable feedback I will pick one person from the thread (doesn't have to be first 25-30) and give them 50b in game.

What counts as unique? Don't just say something someone else has said.

What counts as valuable? Suggest something that doesn't go against what Adam has already said in the thread, or something stupid like "just make every event give nothing but donor credits".

Good luck!
what if there where a way to either donate or use in game money to purchase a private event where you can either invite people or not

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:28 am

Kraken, Cerberus, Nex, Zulrah, Hydra, Vorkath and GWD on repeat
Dbolt rewards are always huge aswell
Last edited by Kenneth on Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:29 am

Fungamer wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:25 am As event coordinator IMO you should get access to titan events (you already have a direct line to staff if you need "minions" or w.e) and some more... Spontaneous events as well ("e.g heres 100b, give it away in a fun, non automated event")

Unless that's something you don't want to be responsible for I don't see a reason why not. Feels like so much wasted potential if you're both willing & available, but can't because xyz restrictions on your role as event coordinator.
I do not have access to Titans, but I would be willing to run them again.
Kenneth wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:28 am Would like to see more dbolts as rewards. ty I hate Vorkath
Please confirm this is not sarcasm, as I do give D bolts very frequently.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:43 am

Iron adam wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:29 am
Kenneth wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:28 am Would like to see more dbolts as rewards. ty I hate Vorkath
Please confirm this is not sarcasm, as I do give D bolts very frequently.
more