Updates loc??

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
The underdog
Premium Donator

Re: Updates loc??

Post by The underdog » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:07 am

Raj wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:49 am
The underdog wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:59 pm Imagine taking the time to unban Arrsenic but not taking the time to click release update :copium: :sadge:
Respectfully mark, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, so can you just not, thanks
Thought I made it obvious enough that it was sarcastic. Just like the bulk of my comments. :copium:
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:15 pm

Mvpranger wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:34 pm
Silliekill wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:33 pm On a serious note, Is there any ETA on new updates soon?
Hi @Mike,

Any idea?
Hi @Mike,

Could you please give us ANY information about the ETA of releases or why releases are getting stalled atm? Its getting kinda frustrated to not know in what state the server is atm, and when (or if) we will get new content.

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:13 pm

Mvpranger wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:15 pm
Silliekill wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:33 pm On a serious note, Is there any ETA on new updates soon?
Hi @Mike,

Any idea?
Hi @Mike,

Could you please give us ANY information about the ETA of releases or why releases are getting stalled atm? Its getting kinda frustrated to not know in what state the server is atm, and when (or if) we will get new content.
Winter 2026

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:57 pm

Mvpranger wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:15 pm
Hi @Mike,

Any idea?
Hi @Mike,

I can sort of answer this, summary is basically that all 3 of the currently active devs are fairly busy or not available, which is holding up the next piece of content (which needs to be released before the other betas that were run for technical reasons).

It’s most likely that I’ll be finishing up that content, but you know from talking to me in DMs that I am somewhat occupied with other things that I work on. Unfortunately, being jobless in an absolutely flooded software engineering market means that I rather work on profitable things than do volunteer development. I may finally have some time this week where I’m just waiting around for stuff, so it might happen this week, but yeah

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:29 pm

Raj wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:57 pm I can sort of answer this, summary is basically that all 3 of the currently active devs are fairly busy or not available, which is holding up the next piece of content (which needs to be released before the other betas that were run for technical reasons).

It’s most likely that I’ll be finishing up that content, but you know from talking to me in DMs that I am somewhat occupied with other things that I work on. Unfortunately, being jobless in an absolutely flooded software engineering market means that I rather work on profitable things than do volunteer development. I may finally have some time this week where I’m just waiting around for stuff, so it might happen this week, but yeah
Thanks for some clarity Rajman, and I completely understand it's way more attractive to work on your current projects instead of volunteering for PkH.

Again, thanks for some clarity.

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:10 pm

Mvpranger wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:29 pm
Raj wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:57 pm I can sort of answer this, summary is basically that all 3 of the currently active devs are fairly busy or not available, which is holding up the next piece of content (which needs to be released before the other betas that were run for technical reasons).

Thanks for some clarity Rajman, and I completely understand it's way more attractive to work on your current projects instead of volunteering for PkH.

Again, thanks for some clarity.
:orly:

D 4 u 4
Premium Donator

Post by D 4 u 4 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:16 pm

Any update on the loc of updates??

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:11 am

D 4 u 4 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:16 pm Any update on the loc of updates??
I cranked out like half the Nex mechanics today but still many things need to be done

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:36 pm

Raj wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:11 am
D 4 u 4 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:16 pm Any update on the loc of updates??
I cranked out like half the Nex mechanics today but still many things need to be done
Is there any reason Nex was chosen as the next peice of content over GIM that won the pol from over a year ago? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84003

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:36 pm

Kenneth wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:36 pm Is there any reason Nex was chosen as the next peice of content over GIM that won the pol from over a year ago? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84003
There was a git mishap at some point which led to Nex needing to be released first, and then everyone kept getting stuck on the same thing (the dash attack). I've replaced the dash attack with an alternate attack (instead of dashing through an 8 tile box, she shows an 8x3 box of GFX with the same damage and hitbox) and things are looking much better now, timeline wise.

Edit: I should add, a number of other updates are pretty much ready to go, with some minor changes needed to bring them up to date. A lot of backend systems have been improved with the Nex stuff. Everything is just bottlenecked by this one thing cause of the git thing.