Updates loc??

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Silliekill
Honor Player

Updates loc??

Post by Silliekill » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:33 pm

On a serious note, Is there any ETA on new updates soon?
Lets be honest, the last significant content update was CoX. Which was what, about a year ago? Besides Raj’s WIP thread we have no clue what is being worked on and how things stand at the moment. What happened to the wildy update for which a beta was released a couple of months ago? What happened to gauntlet? I remember Mike saying that was in the works aswell.

The gameplay is kind of stagnating as the available content is getting boring for me personally and I know of more people which feel the same way. Having no content or updates to lookout for isn’t helping with that either.

Any update about the state of things would be nice @Mike.
Last edited by Silliekill on Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: Updates loc??

Post by Will be ok2 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:38 pm

:kekw: :kekw: :kekw:

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:48 pm

The part about the pvp update being ready for release is something I heard through grapevines, so if this is not true well... Sorry I guess?

The PvP update is already ready for release, I am really curious to know why it's not getting released already. Why are we going without a huge content update for a long time again? It would make the wildy/pking scene (hopefully) active again so that a specific CC doesn't have to kill pvmers all the time. The last huge content update was CoX, and that was like a year ago already?

Also I have to agree with @The underdog on this post: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=86123&p=760057&hil ... ex#p760057 (not the summoning part). @Mike has been working on Nex for the past, idk tbh. But if we look at the results of the following poll: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85584&p=755981&hil ... an#p755981 . Nex rework got 6th place (after ToA, Group Iron Man, Paid instances, Combat Achievements and PvP Revamp), GiM was top 3 but we have never heard anything on that. Im curious to know WHY nex first, why start to rework on something that already works for the server? Why dont work on new content implementations such as finishing Combat achievement, which @Raj did a really nice job on, releasing the pvp update (big SO to @Nazuths for that one) or start on group ironman which we as community voted for?

Ty lounge

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:31 pm

I have posted a small update on my WIP thread

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:33 pm

Mvpranger wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:48 pm The part about the pvp update being ready for release is something I heard through grapevines, so if this is not true well... Sorry I guess?

The PvP update is already ready for release, I am really curious to know why it's not getting released already. Why are we going without a huge content update for a long time again? It would make the wildy/pking scene (hopefully) active again so that a specific CC doesn't have to kill pvmers all the time. The last huge content update was CoX, and that was like a year ago already?

Also I have to agree with @The underdog on this post: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=86123&p=760057&hil ... ex#p760057 (not the summoning part). @Mike has been working on Nex for the past, idk tbh. But if we look at the results of the following poll: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85584&p=755981&hil ... an#p755981 . Nex rework got 6th place (after ToA, Group Iron Man, Paid instances, Combat Achievements and PvP Revamp), GiM was top 3 but we have never heard anything on that. Im curious to know WHY nex first, why start to rework on something that already works for the server? Why dont work on new content implementations such as finishing Combat achievement, which @Raj did a really nice job on, releasing the pvp update (big SO to @Nazuths for that one) or start on group ironman which we as community voted for?

Ty lounge
Have to agree with you. @Nazuths pvp update looks juicy as fuck and I can only guess its in review hell right now or has some bugs that are taking long to fix because it's complex. Dunno. It'd be super fun to have these changes pushed. It'd even make PKing fun & worth it for shitters like me :copium:

Also agree with the sentiment that we don't really need the nex update since we already have had our current nex for years, although its not the same as OSRS. Re-releasing nex properly is something that would be cool, but wouldn't generate much excitement. I don't know what Mike is working on right now (if he is working on something at all - Maybe he has IRL work or other commitments that are getting in the way of knocking out some content), but it'd be cool to see him post some things he's working on.

I know I've been ranting about this for years but once again, it might be worth considering doing Ninja Strike-style updates where stuff with low dev-time but high-impact gets put into the game. And that doesn't just mean QoLs. Now that I have some experience being a code-monkey I 100% understand that Mike might have motivation to do some programming but looks at the content he's developing and goes "ah fuck it i dont have enough time/motivation to finish this part". That's where putting nex on hold for that session & going for the low dev-time and high-impact stuff comes in and makes a massive difference IMO. Both for motivation to work on the overarching project (PKH), and for making the project (PKH) better in general.

Silliekill
Honor Player

Post by Silliekill » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:13 pm

Fungamer wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:33 pm
Also agree with the sentiment that we don't really need the nex update since we already have had our current nex for years, although its not the same as OSRS. Re-releasing nex properly is something that would be cool, but wouldn't generate much excitement. I don't know what Mike is working on right now (if he is working on something at all - Maybe he has IRL work or other commitments that are getting in the way of knocking out some content), but it'd be cool to see him post some things he's working on.
This is also something I agree on, I don't get why reworking existing content is getting prioritization over new content. Frankly I don't really care about a new Nex room or new Nex mechanics since we already have a working boss, the armour and the gear. Sure a new upgrade for the acb and new BiS range gloves would be nice but I'd rather get new content such as ToA, gauntlet or combat achievements before reworking existing content like Nex.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:32 am

I 100% agree, I have no idea why nex is being reworked when we're so far behind other servers in actual content already. Where is cg, new wildy bosses, the pvp event etc? Instead of reworking nex, just add the extra drops and items to the current nex. I love this server, but It severely lacks behind other servers in terms of update frequency. If mike is too busy with his real job and life (which is fair enough) to spend time developing this game, he should find someone else to take the reigns. I just really want to see pkhonor be able to compete with other servers again.

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:34 pm

Silliekill wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:33 pm On a serious note, Is there any ETA on new updates soon?
Hi @Mike,

Any idea?

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:59 pm

Imagine taking the time to unban Arrsenic but not taking the time to click release update :copium: :sadge:
#Justice4Church

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:49 am

The underdog wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:59 pm Imagine taking the time to unban Arrsenic but not taking the time to click release update :copium: :sadge:
Respectfully mark, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, so can you just not, thanks