Player Made Deals

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Fungamer
Developer

Re: Player Made Deals

Post by Fungamer » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:35 pm

Raj wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:29 pm
Fungamer wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:13 pm This isn't reasoning against implementing anything, this is reasoning against implementing something that is more complicated than it needs to be.
I don't think that adding 2 rules and presets (for the rules, not gear presets) is very complex, but maybe that's just me. Duel presets are needed anyways for the stakers.
And seeing the others inventory
And the ability to restrict specific weapons if the fight isn't in the same gear (I might want to use claws, the other AGS, but we both agree on no gmaul. Can't have that in the current way duels are set up)
And making tabs work in the duel
And and and...

Only for players to still prefer wildy because they can quickly load their pk preset, take out cash & run into the wild.

edit: All these changes might not even be needed anyways now that this thread exists. All we'd need is wealth being displayed lol

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:52 pm

You only need one of showing inventories and making that rule better. Showing inventories is easiest.

Making tabs work in duel is like, one line in a function which just redirects all teleports from inside of duel to outside of duel. Then you draw that player's stake.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:48 pm

::risk showing ur current risked wealth is also a good enough fix ye.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:51 pm

For the record, our logs do not show anything when a player drops an item and picks it up again. It's only logged if it either disappears or is picked up by another player. Which means in this particular case, we have to go off on the proof that is being presented by both parties as the log don't show us anything.

Either way, in my opinion there is sufficient proof that Arrsenic did indeed scam the person involved. As such, I have permanently banned his account "Arrsenic". If he engages in scamming behavior again, he may find himself ip-banned. However, considering the whole situation, I'm afraid we cannot return the 1T risked to the person involved.

I don't think our rules are inherently flawed, but they were not (yet) properly enforced in this situation. However, I agree with staff that it was a tough case to decide on since the proof was mostly presented by other players who may be completely biased (and who most likely were, in this case). So let's not bash our staff team too hard for trying their best.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:56 pm

Mike wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:51 pm For the record, our logs do not show anything when a player drops an item and picks it up again. It's only logged if it either disappears or is picked up by another player. Which means in this particular case, we have to go off on the proof that is being presented by both parties as the log don't show us anything.

Either way, in my opinion there is sufficient proof that Arrsenic did indeed scam the person involved. As such, I have permanently banned his account "Arrsenic". If he engages in scamming behavior again, he may find himself ip-banned. However, considering the whole situation, I'm afraid we cannot return the 1T risked to the person involved.

I don't think our rules are inherently flawed, but they were not (yet) properly enforced in this situation. However, I agree with staff that it was a tough case to decide on since the proof was mostly presented by other players who may be completely biased (and who most likely were, in this case). So let's not bash our staff team too hard for trying their best.
I’m very glad you made this decision, definitely restores faith :pogo:

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:59 pm

I think the staff team did a great job in this case listening to both sides of this case and the general argument, regardless of the outcome.

Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Post by Iron bubble » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:55 pm

Iron adam wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:59 pm I think the staff team did a great job in this case listening to both sides of this case and the general argument, regardless of the outcome.
I agree
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Ryun
Premium Donator

Post by Ryun » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:44 pm

Iron bubble wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:55 pm
Iron adam wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:59 pm I think the staff team did a great job in this case listening to both sides of this case and the general argument, regardless of the outcome.
I agree
honestly yes, people were mad nothing had happened but decisions this big cant be made over a few minute discussion.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:19 pm

Ty lounge.

Thanks for letting us know throwing bait threads in public still works :thumbsup:
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Diesel life
Premium Donator

Post by Diesel life » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:21 pm

I don't get involved in all the here say baby back bullshit cc drama. I was one of the people who watched this live in discord and I was standing next to the fight. I am finally glad to see someone of the staff stand up and show some force when its due instead of hiding behind the very vague rules with this. I was once very good friends with Nimer on the game talked back and forth in voice chats and all. After seeing his true colors a few months ago I seen the that man would throw his own grand mama into a burning flame to make things go his way. He cares about his pixels over anything the man is Zulrah's first cousin. I try to stay neutral in every situation but scamming someone is lower the pond scum especially at this magnitude.

Thank you Mike for letting your nuts swing a little today and showing this community snakes will not be tolerated not lets hope he doesn't apply in 2 weeks and get that account back.

Your Friend,
Zanolot