Player Made Deals

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Kalista
Honor Player

Player Made Deals

Post by Kalista » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:29 am

So recently there's been a little controversy over something that occured between tayron and arsenic. Arsenic agreed to a 1t risk fight, then died and ended up scamming tayron from the 1t he was owed. When brought up to a staff member (church) everyone was told that player made deals can't be punished. This seems absolutely insane to me, on any other private server or any other game for that matter, arrssenic would either be forced to pay out or be punished in some way. I propose a change to this rule, otherwise we are just encouraging scammers to populate this server, because as of now scamming is 100% allowed and unpunishable according to church. It's absolutely ridiculous that arssenic can scam 1t in front of like 20 people, brag about it on yell, and then have all the staff members run defense for him and refuse to do anything about it. How does that make our game look to a new player?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, posted it in suggestions as well as here. Mods you can delete the one thats in the incorrect place.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Re: Player Made Deals

Post by Kenneth » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:31 am

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Post by Fe nis » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:33 am

To clarify, from our standpoint, nobody is running defense for anyone, we simply enforce the rules within the guidelines we are given, and those guidelines quite clearly do not extend to playermade deals, which this risk fight falls under.

That being said, I'd love to be more involved in them, however it has to be a realistic solution that's actually viable for us to moderate.

Interested in seeing if this can maintain some degree of coherency as a discussion and suggestion thread as opposed to just devolving into the usual baiting and flaming.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:35 am

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:35 am

This thread will stay up as long as there is healthy discussion about this. If the thread devolves into baiting and toxicity about the current situation, players or staff members, it will be locked.

I encouraged people to make threads to discuss this to turn it into a productive discussion, so please don't turn it into more arguing.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:36 am

From what I recall back in my day, someone who scammed in a player made deal was still punished if there was sufficient proof. The caveat was that staff never guaranteed that the person who was scammed would get there money back. Then the Player made deals section was created on the forums. In my opinion, just because someone didn't make a thread/contract, the person doing the scamming shouldn't get this type of immunity. I get that this was implemented to cut down on the amount of subjectivity that staff has in these instances. But if someone is scamming plain as day, I feel like we should be using common sense here.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:37 am

Iron adam wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:36 am From what I recall back in my day, someone who scammed in a player made deal was still punished if there was sufficient proof. The caveat was that staff never guaranteed that the person who was scammed would get there money back. Then the Player made deals section was created on the forums. In my opinion, just because someone didn't make a thread/contract, the person doing the scamming shouldn't get this type of immunity. I get that this was implemented to cut down on the amount of subjectivity that staff has in these instances. But if someone is scamming plain as day, I feel like we should be using common sense here.
This makes sense, I completely understand if its not possible to get the scammed persons money back, but the scammer should at the very least be punished. We dont want to set a precedent that scamming is something that you can just get away with.

Taylor gang
Premium Donator

Post by Taylor gang » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:38 am

Just to say my side - We showed the full amounts the first few times and shockingly enough the fight that I won no tickets were dropped and his response was "enjoy the prims" so he intended on the scam, as said above there were about 15-20 people watching that can contest to this. Screenshots to follow.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:41 am

As an ex player moderator you'd think you'd be able to trust him especially as he recently reapplied for that same moderator status.

Once a rat, always a rat I guess. He got away with it once so he does it again. Even willing to put his 150t+ bank on the line. Must be confident right?

Arrsenic
Premium Donator

Post by Arrsenic » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:46 am

Taylor gang wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:38 am Just to say my side - We showed the full amounts the first few times and shockingly enough the fight that I won no tickets were dropped and his response was "enjoy the prims" so he intended on the scam, as said above there were about 15-20 people watching that can contest to this. Screenshots to follow.
"Just to say my side - ive stayed 20 seconds out of wild, and told you before im not xing you anymore unless you hop on your main account" yet you've went blindmode when u saw that 1t that I ddint have in wild, but since it wasnt you on the account you wouldnt have realized, but you and your CC efforts to find any dirt and take 200t will always fail, because you'll never earn it.

WHERE IS YOUR VIDEO OF THE RISK SO I CAN SHOW YOU EXACTLY IN ALL ASPECTS HOW IT WAS PROPER DH FIGHT?. SHOW PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOF BIGBOY.
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”