Make childish behavior against the rules

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
The underdog
Premium Donator

Make childish behavior against the rules

Post by The underdog » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:52 pm

If you're going to mute me for that.

I yell something stupid once in a while, keep getting hit with full on ip-mutes instead of yell mutes while in public chat or clan chat I'm a saint :notsureif: . No players are offended even by yells as far I can tell, don't think anyone has reported me in the past couple of years. I think the yells are funny, but whatever.

I agree with most mutes, probably deserved and all. Since whoever it was got muted for yelling riggers it became interesting to experiment where the limit is. Context or not you'd get slapped with a good punishment now and then. It's still the same now with the 'r' word god forbid. Many versions of that going around dancing around the already subjective rules. A long yell ip mute would've ended my yelling spree months ago.

Now I get perm muted for talking in cc days after the mute in my signature. Probably deserved, but I don't really agree with the reason for that first mute so add that to the rules please so I can break it later and can anticipate the punishments :prayge:
#Justice4Church

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Re: Make childish behavior against the rules

Post by Sorazery » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:50 pm

The underdog wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:52 pm If you're going to mute me for that.

I yell something stupid once in a while, keep getting hit with full on ip-mutes instead of yell mutes while in public chat or clan chat I'm a saint :notsureif: . No players are offended even by yells as far I can tell, don't think anyone has reported me in the past couple of years. I think the yells are funny, but whatever.

I agree with most mutes, probably deserved and all. Since whoever it was got muted for yelling riggers it became interesting to experiment where the limit is. Context or not you'd get slapped with a good punishment now and then. It's still the same now with the 'r' word god forbid. Many versions of that going around dancing around the already subjective rules. A long yell ip mute would've ended my yelling spree months ago.

Now I get perm muted for talking in cc days after the mute in my signature. Probably deserved, but I don't really agree with the reason for that first mute so add that to the rules please so I can break it later and can anticipate the punishments :prayge:
the rigger incident was a misunderstanding of the english languege shoutout empty and whiist

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:04 pm

would spamming about Yeat 24/7 on yell be considered childish? i sure hope so, support!

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:36 pm

People make the same braindead jokes on yell over and over and have made up persona's to such an extent it's on the verge of being DID or schizophrenia. Its annoying and all that but i dont like censorship so nty let the community laugh at the childish idiots rubbing their two braincells together :thumbsdown:

Edit: for all intents and purposes you should be unmuted too. You didn't mean to loophole the first time around and no shit, of course people are going to "loophole" it in jest after a staff member was being uptight about it. No one is offended though. IMO this is more powertrip ("listen to me because i am mod/admin") than anything else assuming all you did was the whole rigour yelling and being the ole dumbass we all know and love.

Yeah I guess at some point you need to listen to staff members but then again obeying a bad ruling just makes you part of "the" issue if there is one. I'm not pointing fingers at the staff team as a whole nor will I name any specifics, but there are some who very out of touch with the community which definitely has an effect on how they communicate things to other staff and what they push for in terms of rule/guideline changes. The only solution to that is a medical RFB procedure IMO. The good news is that we also have formidable staff members and they know who they are.
The underdog wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:52 pm so add that to the rules please so I can break it later and can anticipate the punishments :prayge:
Nty on this, things should not become a trade-off where you ask yourself if the punishment duration is worth the yell. Staff should be allowed a certain degree of discretion which requires community trust, which has been deteriorating despite there being more good staff members than bad, then again who I consider good or bad is subjective and prone to my own personal biases.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:18 am

Just some background info on the reasoning:

I think the general idea is, if you keep doing it, clearly the lower mutes aren't getting the message across. Mutes aren't intended as a trade where you're happy to take the punishment in exchange for doing some shenanigans. They're intended to make you stop doing it, not just until the next day but long term. If small mutes don't work then we try something else that might.

As for the IP mute vs yellmute thing... Well actually that's two things.

Why IP mutes instead of account mutes? Because really, we always want to mute the person and not the account. Seems more fair than letting someone with many alts essentially bypass punishments, therefore we've decided to make IP mutes the default.

Why a full mute instead of a yellmute? Because it doesn't make much sense that broadcasting to 100 players results in a lesser punishment than a message that is only sent to 5 people. If anything it should be the other way around.

The role of yell mutes in the future is still somewhat in flux (or perhaps it's more accurate to say that we need to establish policies that define it more clearly) but the way I see it, (IP) yell mutes should be a long term solution (i.e. lasting months to permanent) when it becomes clear that a player has no trouble moderating their behaviour in the game as a whole but just can't or won't adhere to the rules of yell in particular. So in my mind a player would rack up a bunch of temporary IP mutes and when it becomes clear they just keep going (but only on yell) then we solve the problem long term by removing them from yell with a ssmi-permanent IP yell mute.

As for making "childish behaviour" against the rules, I wouldn't even know how to begin to define that.

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:12 am

Fungamer wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:36 pm People make the same braindead jokes on yell over and over and have made up persona's to such an extent it's on the verge of being DID or schizophrenia. Its annoying and all that but i dont like censorship so nty let the community laugh at the childish idiots rubbing their two braincells together :thumbsdown:
People = @Sorazery

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:19 am

Mvpranger wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:12 am
Fungamer wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:36 pm People make the same braindead jokes on yell over and over and have made up persona's to such an extent it's on the verge of being DID or schizophrenia. Its annoying and all that but i dont like censorship so nty let the community laugh at the childish idiots rubbing their two braincells together :thumbsdown:
People = @Sorazery
Make sorazery against the rules

Sorazery
Premium Donator

Post by Sorazery » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:35 am

Fungamer wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:19 am
People = @Sorazery
what did i do

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:16 pm

Sorazery wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:35 am
Fungamer wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:19 am

People = @Sorazery