Make childish behavior against the rules

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Markymark
Helper

Re: Make childish behavior against the rules

Post by Markymark » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:04 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:18 am Just some background info on the reasoning:

I think the general idea is, if you keep doing it, clearly the lower mutes aren't getting the message across. Mutes aren't intended as a trade where you're happy to take the punishment in exchange for doing some shenanigans. They're intended to make you stop doing it, not just until the next day but long term. If small mutes don't work then we try something else that might.

As for the IP mute vs yellmute thing... Well actually that's two things.

Why IP mutes instead of account mutes? Because really, we always want to mute the person and not the account. Seems more fair than letting someone with many alts essentially bypass punishments, therefore we've decided to make IP mutes the default.

Why a full mute instead of a yellmute? Because it doesn't make much sense that broadcasting to 100 players results in a lesser punishment than a message that is only sent to 5 people. If anything it should be the other way around.

The role of yell mutes in the future is still somewhat in flux (or perhaps it's more accurate to say that we need to establish policies that define it more clearly) but the way I see it, (IP) yell mutes should be a long term solution (i.e. lasting months to permanent) when it becomes clear that a player has no trouble moderating their behaviour in the game as a whole but just can't or won't adhere to the rules of yell in particular. So in my mind a player would rack up a bunch of temporary IP mutes and when it becomes clear they just keep going (but only on yell) then we solve the problem long term by removing them from yell with a ssmi-permanent IP yell mute.

As for making "childish behaviour" against the rules, I wouldn't even know how to begin to define that.
I dont think he cares about his punishment he recieved, I think hes one of many just questioning the reason behind his mute, putting what he did on the same level as those that just simply yell childish things, I can see how acting childish and immature can be also defined as having fun. Ive seen racist slurrs over yell, baits, lots of them, then theres people that have fun childish behavior like Jeff Bezos when he yells "Im cummminmmg" lol. Either way though, I still remember when yell was only used for buying and selling items ;)

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:17 pm

Markymark wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:04 pm then theres people that have fun childish behavior like Jeff Bezos when he yells "Im cummminmmg
L000000000l @Nazuths explain yourself...

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:50 pm

I wonder how it's going with the underdog, never see him yell anymore :notsureif:

Oh look he's spamming discord instead :pogo:
#Justice4Church