UIM refunds

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Mitrovic
Premium Donator

UIM refunds

Post by Mitrovic » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:28 pm

Hello,

So apparently UIMS lose every single item upon being pked in the wilderness. But I heard the likes of a completionist cape can be refunded by an admin.

Can someone provide me with an overview of which items are refundable by admins FOR UIMS, (enchanted) comp capes, max cape, royal seed pot, avernic, feros, coins & tickets, ... ?

Nazuths
Developer

Re: UIM refunds

Post by Nazuths » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:33 pm

Nothing should be refundable by Admins if you ask me, it was initially done because it wasn't clear they are lost on death, since it's known they are lost on death I don't see why refund by Admins should happen.

Uim killerb
Premium Donator

Post by Uim killerb » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:02 pm

Mitrovic wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:28 pm Hello,

So apparently UIMS lose every single item upon being pked in the wilderness. But I heard the likes of a completionist cape can be refunded by an admin.

Can someone provide me with an overview of which items are refundable by admins FOR UIMS, (enchanted) comp capes, max cape, royal seed pot, avernic, feros, coins & tickets, ... ?
this has been changed a few weeks ago so you can only get item refund thats 0 gp

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:10 pm

Nazuths wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:33 pm Nothing should be refundable by Admins if you ask me, it was initially done because it wasn't clear they are lost on death, since it's known they are lost on death I don't see why refund by Admins should happen.
I agree on this as long as it's the same policy for everyone. Currently it doesn't look like there is one, I heard about completionist cape refunds being done in the past by admins...

@Rapsey, @Mike, @Church, @Jayden, can we get an official forum statement about this, if refunds are being considered for UIM's at all, and if so, which items?

Of course I'm talking about lost items in a normal way (e.g. being pked in the wilderness).

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:14 pm

Mitrovic wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:10 pm
Nazuths wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:33 pm Nothing should be refundable by Admins if you ask me, it was initially done because it wasn't clear they are lost on death, since it's known they are lost on death I don't see why refund by Admins should happen.
I agree on this as long as it's the same policy for everyone. Currently it doesn't look like there is one, I heard about completionist cape refunds being done in the past by admins...

@Rapsey, @Mike, @Church, @Jayden, can we get an official forum statement about this, if refunds are being considered for UIM's at all, and if so, which items?

Of course I'm talking about lost items in a normal way (e.g. being pked in the wilderness).
The refund policy for UIMs is the same as for anyone else. If an item is lost through means that can be said to be no fault of the player then refunds may be considered. If an item is not meant to be lost on death for example.

If refunds were done in the past due to misunderstanding of the death mechanics for UIMs then the policy moving forward will be more consistent with the game mode.

Ryan
Staff Manager

Post by Ryan » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:18 pm

Due to the relatively small UIM community, the frequency as well as the reason UIMs were dying and losing items was always very limited. Obviously as more experienced members of that community know, sometimes items are unfairly lost on death, all of which are refunded. But as Nazuths correctly stated, it was discovered only a few weeks ago, that items that had a value of over 0gp, were intended to be lost on PvP death.

That has since been reflected in the way both Ely and I handle refunds.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:34 pm

UIM game mode should be deleted

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:46 pm

Church wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:14 pm The refund policy for UIMs is the same as for anyone else. If an item is lost through means that can be said to be no fault of the player then refunds may be considered. If an item is not meant to be lost on death for example.
I add my signature to this official statement. The only slight comment I would make is that for practical reasons, we need to be able to verify that it wasn't the player's fault. For example if a single player DC's we have no way of knowing if it was due to a network problem or if they simply pulled their ethernet cable to fake a DC, but if a bunch of players DC at the same time then we know it definitely wasn't their fault.