Ironmen

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Stale fish1
Wise One

Re: Ironmen

Post by Stale fish1 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:37 am

Juntow wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:45 am
Empty wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:01 pmLastly. I'm just a regular player "going against" an owner of this RSPS.
There will surely be some consequences which I'm not afraid to face. (I'M A BRAVE MAN KEKW)
L0000000l

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:48 am

Nazuths wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:06 am
Rapsey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:38 pm But I'm pretty sure any ironman would feel some level of excitement about what they're going to get and some momentary joy if they get an item they've been chasing for months or years.
100%, though I doubt many Ironmen would truly feel some level of excitement if what they had been grinding for was simply given to them, kinda devalues the grind as a whole.

I personally wouldn't have accepted this gift anyways and thanked for the gesture. The whole purpose of Ironman is putting in loads of hours and seeing your account progress and being able to say you've done it through hard work, for me that is at least.

Kinda feel at this point the person in question his Ironman is disqualified as a whole anyways even though I'm sure he's put in a lot of hours himself too, but that's just my thought.

Probably wouldn't have minded as much had it been a lesser amount, 600+ seems incredible, I've obtained 1350 myself in 10K+ hours, just seems a bit too high in retrospect.
Holy shit boys we've done it. We're at page 6 and finally started talking about the philosophy behind pkhonorian gift giving (how much is too much?) and what it means to be a purebred ironman. I started to get worried at page 5 when it wasn't brought up yet!

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:02 am

Nazuths wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:06 am 10K+ hours
Get a life nerd lmao.

The gift could've been something else if that is what you are going for. If you wanted to give him a moment of joy and show your concern for his well being, could've given him a 1\1 untradeable item on his iron to show your friendship.

But who am I to judge, you do as you please.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:32 am Thank you all for being so understanding (most of you anyway).

I do know it sucks for others every time we exercise our "owner privilege". That's also why we do it so rarely. I will gladly adjust any unfairness in rankings, but I stand by the choice I made and if I could turn back time I would do the exact same thing again.

If anyone wants my resignation, let me know. I have half a mind to give it. Retreating behind the scenes sounds kinda nice compared to sitting here and explaining myself. Don't get me wrong though, you had every right to ask for clarification so I don't fault anyone for that.

Perhaps I could have handled this better, though I'm pretty sure if I had made an announcement people wouldn't have been any less upset about it.

You didn't put up with my bullshit for this, I trained you better.