Ironmen

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Re: Ironmen

Post by Mvpranger » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:08 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:25 pm Buying nudes 10 elites each.
Wrong forums to post this, I would like to redirect you to the Market Place section on the forums.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:12 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:25 pm Buying nudes 10 elites each.
Sent

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:16 pm

It's an odd gesture. The Rapsey we all know is certainly more than capable of being a shoulder to lean against and a man to offer consolation (he's describing something that sounds very serious regarding the ironman in question).

But Rapsey is also certainly meaning well with his gift. There's no reason to doubt his word: the whole situation seems extremely unfair from the perspective of players, but I trust his judgment.

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:25 pm

Jousi wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:16 pm It's an odd gesture. The Rapsey we all know is certainly more than capable of being a shoulder to lean against and a man to offer consolation (he's describing something that sounds very serious regarding the ironman in question).

But Rapsey is also certainly meaning well with his gift. There's no reason to doubt his word: the whole situation seems extremely unfair from the perspective of players, but I trust his judgment.
I do agree on this. I mean... If his real life struggles are that serious, in all respect, but then how is this 'gift' going to make even the slightest impact at all. As soon as pkhonor gifts do have an impact on your irl emotional well-being, then you know something went wrong, with every bit of respect for this game in general.

On the other hand I'm thinking: who am I to decide about the emotional well-being influencing factors from someone else? But yeah... I think this has been done with nothing but good purposes but it's... weird.

Obviously this will create envy among other players. All prepare for yells like 'I'm not feeling well can I have a nice IG gesture please'.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Mitrovic wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:25 pm
Jousi wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:16 pm It's an odd gesture. The Rapsey we all know is certainly more than capable of being a shoulder to lean against and a man to offer consolation (he's describing something that sounds very serious regarding the ironman in question).

I do agree on this. I mean... If his real life struggles are that serious, in all respect, but then how is this 'gift' going to make even the slightest impact at all. As soon as pkhonor gifts do have an impact on your irl emotional well-being, then you know something went wrong, with every bit of respect for this game in general.

On the other hand I'm thinking: who am I to decide about the emotional well-being influencing factors from someone else? But yeah... I think this has been done with nothing but good purposes but it's... weird.

Obviously this will create envy among other players. All prepare for yells like 'I'm not feeling well can I have a nice IG gesture please'.
I think it's just a nice gesture for someone who's feeling bad. Of course it wont fix any problems. Your friends taking you for a drink after you broke up or divorced isn't going to bring your gf/wife back either but gestures like these can help people cope a bit or take their mind off it so they don't get in a self destructive cycle of thoughts.

Envy? Sure. But I'll flip the table and say that if you envy someone so hard because someone else made a nice gesture to them ON A GAME when they were at a low point in life, then those envious have serious issues as well.

People gotta remember this is a gesture, doesn't set a precedent because Rapsey has no actual obligation to be consistent with his use of owner privileges and doesn't hint towards some greater conspiracy where staff and owners pick favorites.

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:50 pm

Fungamer wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 pm I think it's just a nice gesture for someone who's feeling bad. Of course it wont fix any problems. Your friends taking you for a drink after you broke up or divorced isn't going to bring your gf/wife back either but gestures like these can help people cope a bit or take their mind off it so they don't get in a self destructive cycle of thoughts.
It sounds weird to me to compare this kind of a reward to irl friends taking me for a drink. I'm definitely getting your point, but seeing the controversial this has caused, 50 reactions in less than 24 hours, the person involved now being unwittingly in the middle of the spotlight, that's something he could've foreseen, no?
Fungamer wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 pm Envy? Sure. But I'll flip the table and say that if you envy someone so hard because someone else made a nice gesture to them ON A GAME when they were at a low point in life, then those envious have serious issues as well.
Agree.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:10 pm

Mitrovic wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:50 pm
Fungamer wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:35 pm I think it's just a nice gesture for someone who's feeling bad. Of course it wont fix any problems. Your friends taking you for a drink after you broke up or divorced isn't going to bring your gf/wife back either but gestures like these can help people cope a bit or take their mind off it so they don't get in a self destructive cycle of thoughts.
It sounds weird to me to compare this kind of a reward to irl friends taking me for a drink. I'm definitely getting your point, but seeing the controversial this has caused, 50 reactions in less than 24 hours, the person involved now being unwittingly in the middle of the spotlight, that's something he could've foreseen, no?

Eh. Rapsey made an oopsie. Probably wanted to be discrete while still giving a nice gift and didn't realize stuff would get broadcasted. It's an oversight that could have been foreseen if Rapsey had a 50 page discussion with Patel on the philosophy of pkhonorian gift giving, but really I think Rapsey is just a nice dude and did something nice. And if you contemplated all possibilities of what could happen when doing something nice, you'd never do something nice.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:38 pm

Mitrovic wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:25 pm I do agree on this. I mean... If his real life struggles are that serious, in all respect, but then how is this 'gift' going to make even the slightest impact at all. As soon as pkhonor gifts do have an impact on your irl emotional well-being, then you know something went wrong, with every bit of respect for this game in general.
Obviously this wouldn't have any permanent impact on his emotional well-being. But I'm pretty sure any ironman would feel some level of excitement about what they're going to get and some momentary joy if they get an item they've been chasing for months or years. Even if all it did was distract him from his present situation for 5 minutes it would be totally worth it for me.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:40 am

Rapsey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:38 pm
Mitrovic wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:25 pm I do agree on this. I mean... If his real life struggles are that serious, in all respect, but then how is this 'gift' going to make even the slightest impact at all. As soon as pkhonor gifts do have an impact on your irl emotional well-being, then you know something went wrong, with every bit of respect for this game in general.
Obviously this wouldn't have any permanent impact on his emotional well-being. But I'm pretty sure any ironman would feel some level of excitement about what they're going to get and some momentary joy if they get an item they've been chasing for months or years. Even if all it did was distract him from his present situation for 5 minutes it would be totally worth it for me.
Good guy rapsey

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:06 am

Rapsey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:38 pm But I'm pretty sure any ironman would feel some level of excitement about what they're going to get and some momentary joy if they get an item they've been chasing for months or years.
100%, though I doubt many Ironmen would truly feel some level of excitement if what they had been grinding for was simply given to them, kinda devalues the grind as a whole.

I personally wouldn't have accepted this gift anyways and thanked for the gesture. The whole purpose of Ironman is putting in loads of hours and seeing your account progress and being able to say you've done it through hard work, for me that is at least.

Kinda feel at this point the person in question his Ironman is disqualified as a whole anyways even though I'm sure he's put in a lot of hours himself too, but that's just my thought.

Probably wouldn't have minded as much had it been a lesser amount, 600+ seems incredible, I've obtained 1350 myself in 10K+ hours, just seems a bit too high in retrospect.