Tombs of Amascut - Does it have a place on pkhonor

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Stale fish1
Wise One

Tombs of Amascut - Does it have a place on pkhonor

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:32 am

With the highly anticipated release of raids 3 to osrs coming this month, I thought I'd spark a discussion on here to see how others feel about it being added to pkhonor (probably 5-6years down the track) :afro:

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Tombs_of_Amascut

I'll start with a few questions

Would you like to see raids 3 in its entirety be developed for pkhonor.

Do you think that it should take priority over other smaller updates if so (GiM, xp event)

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: Tombs of Amascut - Does it have a place on pkhonor

Post by Will be ok2 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:10 am

Lmao :P probably be years before we see this

We should also add GIM first

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:11 am

Add prince ali questlines to unlock raids 3, we need to save Gold Yard :thumbsup:

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:38 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:10 am Lmao :P probably be years before we see this

Do you not think gim will be doa much like it is on osrs?

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:15 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:38 am
Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:10 am Lmao :P probably be years before we see this

I think GIM would sort of be a waste of time if implemented like on OSRS. When I thought GIM I thought shared quest progression, 100% fully shared bank, ability to take on quest bosses together, and maybe some sort of shared skilling progression (Either you earn a fraction of the xp they earn, or you'll have boosted xp rates until you're the same level in a certain skill). Maybe even taking on bosses that are usually instanced like Zulrah. If it would be too OP they'd just have GIM worlds like DMM worlds used to exist. GIM to me meant that you're going through the whole RS experience together and not just as a couple of ironmen who can trade items with eachother but for the most part just have to play solo ironman

Its such a shame that a multi million dollar company with dozens of devs took so long to develop it & hyped it up so hard for how barebones it really is. Of course the things I posted above might not be practical for PKH and even if it was it might be dead content because I'm just talking about shit I would have liked to see. But man I'm salty about GIM

/Rant

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:46 am

any game suggestion post at this point has to be a troll lol
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:13 pm

Fungamer wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:15 am

I think GIM would sort of be a waste of time if implemented like on OSRS. When I thought GIM I thought shared quest progression, 100% fully shared bank, ability to take on quest bosses together, and maybe some sort of shared skilling progression (Either you earn a fraction of the xp they earn, or you'll have boosted xp rates until you're the same level in a certain skill). Maybe even taking on bosses that are usually instanced like Zulrah. If it would be too OP they'd just have GIM worlds like DMM worlds used to exist. GIM to me meant that you're going through the whole RS experience together and not just as a couple of ironmen who can trade items with eachother but for the most part just have to play solo ironman

Its such a shame that a multi million dollar company with dozens of devs took so long to develop it & hyped it up so hard for how barebones it really is. Of course the things I posted above might not be practical for PKH and even if it was it might be dead content because I'm just talking about shit I would have liked to see. But man I'm salty about GIM

/Rant
But like, what exactly would you want from gim on here that isn't like it already on osrs. Skills take less then a week to max, quest are piss easy to complete. Hell, you can max everything and get max cape in less then a week or two. The whole trading with other members and you guys being irons would basically be the only thing. It's not like our server has a perk system that can be shared for each group member.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:18 pm

Brant wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:13 pm
Fungamer wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:15 am

/Rant
But like, what exactly would you want from gim on here that isn't like it already on osrs. Skills take less then a week to max, quest are piss easy to complete. Hell, you can max everything and get max cape in less then a week or two. The whole trading with other members and you guys being irons would basically be the only thing. It's not like our server has a perk system that can be shared for each group member.
Yeah exactly, it'd be rather lame and die out fast.

Edit: I just have no ideas on how to make GIM interesting on pkh aside from "ironman but u can trade with these people" alongside a new highscores. But realistically a new HS would only really make like 2-3 teams max actually compete before it dies out
Last edited by Fungamer on Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:16 pm

nice troll thread