A legit post about (the lack of) updates

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Fungamer
Developer

Re: A legit post about (the lack of) updates

Post by Fungamer » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:26 am

Mandalore wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:48 am I’m thankful Thoby has desire left to code on the side. Going through an internship is a lot of learning and burn out. I myself am an application developer intern for a very large company and I don’t even want to think about code when I get home :prayge:
Lifehack; Code for pkh on company time :orly:

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:29 am

Fungamer wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:26 am
Mandalore wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:48 am I’m thankful Thoby has desire left to code on the side. Going through an internship is a lot of learning and burn out. I myself am an application developer intern for a very large company and I don’t even want to think about code when I get home :prayge:
Additional lifehack: company be pkh

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Mandalore
Premium Donator

Post by Mandalore » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:14 am

Fungamer wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:26 am
It could be fun, soon I will be studying Java because my coach wants us to get our aws and Java certs

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:50 am

Fungamer wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:26 am Lifehack; Code for pkh on company time :orly:
:thumbsup:

Kagens
Premium Donator

Post by Kagens » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:18 am

I havent played in a while, but i do check the site once in a while to check if anything intresting have happend. and most of the time it seems kinda.. dead. and after reading through the comments on here.. i realy dont feel like logging back into the game.. just feels.. toxic for the sake of being toxic. i like the game and i feel like the devs have done a good job with the content that have been put out. but i have to agree.. some more transparency would be great.

Suicidekills
Premium Donator

Post by Suicidekills » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:34 pm

Kagens wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:18 am I havent played in a while, but i do check the site once in a while to check if anything intresting have happend. and most of the time it seems kinda.. dead. and after reading through the comments on here.. i realy dont feel like logging back into the game.. just feels.. toxic for the sake of being toxic. i like the game and i feel like the devs have done a good job with the content that have been put out. but i have to agree.. some more transparency would be great.
toxic mfers always be the most vocal.

Kagens
Premium Donator

Post by Kagens » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:05 pm

Suicidekills wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:34 pm
Kagens wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:18 am I havent played in a while, but i do check the site once in a while to check if anything intresting have happend. and most of the time it seems kinda.. dead. and after reading through the comments on here.. i realy dont feel like logging back into the game.. just feels.. toxic for the sake of being toxic. i like the game and i feel like the devs have done a good job with the content that have been put out. but i have to agree.. some more transparency would be great.
toxic mfers always be the most vocal.
seems like it.. i legit just logged in and yell is .. well.. we know how it is.. i woulden be supprised if people leave the game within the first hour.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:40 pm

Kagens wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:05 pm i woulden be supprised if people leave the game within the first hour.
The first hour? Well let me give you the numbers for this year.

30% leaves in under 5 minutes.
60% leaves in under 30 minutes.
74% leaves in under 1.5 hours.
85.4% leaves in under 6 hours.
So only 14.6% stays at least 6 hours which is what we consider giving the game a serious try.

This distribution has remained mostly unchanged since we started tracking it, but that was only 1.5 years ago.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:47 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:40 pm
Kagens wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:05 pm i woulden be supprised if people leave the game within the first hour.
The first hour? Well let me give you the numbers for this year.

30% leaves in under 5 minutes.
60% leaves in under 30 minutes.
74% leaves in under 1.5 hours.
85.4% leaves in under 6 hours.
So only 14.6% stays at least 6 hours which is what we consider giving the game a serious try.

This distribution has remained mostly unchanged since we started tracking it, but that was only 1.5 years ago.
Is this just for any account created and then not returned to or does your system try to differentiate between new players and alts?

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:23 pm

Church wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:47 pm Is this just for any account created and then not returned to or does your system try to differentiate between new players and alts?
These numbers are based off of IP's which have never played PkHonor before, which arrive on our website through one of our toplist ads / listings, which then download the game client and register a new account. We believe this makes it a good indicator that they are indeed new players (or perhaps sometimes people who have played a long time ago which for all intents and purposes can be viewed as new players). It also means the numbers refer to individuals and not accounts. The time played before leaving is the sum total on all accounts that this IP address accessed, all of which then have to go inactive for a long time for us to consider the player as having left. With this approach we're pretty confident that alts of existing players are not being counted in any meaningful way.