A legit post about (the lack of) updates

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: A legit post about (the lack of) updates

Post by Iron adam » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:28 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:25 am
Nazuths wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:40 am So much for having a civil discussion about the topic, also a good example of my initial comment, anyways, Rapsey coming in clutch as always. Rank loc tho
Nice to see you speak highly of Mike and Rapsey in public.

Bit of a shame of how u speak about them in private behind their backs though...

I dont see anything wrong here? Who cares what any person online thinks of them lol

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:30 am

Nazuths wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:06 pm I can only answer questions regarding me in this thread, as far as I'm aware, I didn't fail nor pass the trial, yet. I've been working on PvP related content: Larran's chest, The Gauntlet, Last Man Standing including the unique rewards thereof.

Something I would prefer is to not constantly be baited/lynched for things I did or didn't even do, would make it more enjoyable and less demotivating to do dev work. :thumbsup:
Are you implying that this community is hella toxic to the people who literally provide them a game for free? I don't buy that...

tl;dr: Lynch Nazuths, he is corrupt.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:38 am

Iron adam wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:28 am
Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:25 am
Nazuths wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:40 am So much for having a civil discussion about the topic, also a good example of my initial comment, anyways, Rapsey coming in clutch as always. Rank loc tho
Nice to see you speak highly of Mike and Rapsey in public.

Bit of a shame of how u speak about them in private behind their backs though...

I dont see anything wrong here? Who cares what any person online thinks of them lol
I care about what my clan members think of me so that I one day may wield the golden star as a GG LSP general... It is my life's purpose.

Either way lets just not turn it into a naz-bashing thread. I don't like naz at all but I for one hope (and optimistically believe) that naz is also able to flip a switch in his mindset between doing dev work and playing. Even if he acts like an idiot in-game and on the forums and people believe he is arrogant, I realized he must be doing something right on the dev-side of things as he'd probably be booted off the team by now. Lets just keep it to discussions about updates and what the community wants without resorting to personal attacks

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:53 am

Fungamer wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:47 am I feel like your comment clears up a lot for some (we'll always have stubborn whiny bitches) of the people who are vocal with their complaining about no updates.
I've actually been pleasantly surprised with how patient people have been. It's most appreciated.
Will be ok2 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:16 am You are so quick to throw shade on my threads about being self serving but now I notice you’re working on pvp updates which would be self serving for yourself, hmm…
He's not only allowed to work on the things he personally most wants to work on, we actually encourage it. I think working on the things you're passionate about is a great source of motivation and helps to prevent burn-out. It's all volunteer work so we're grateful for any improvements, no matter which aspect of the game they are made to.

Besides, there is quite a difference between working on the things you like and pushing suggestions with the rationale of it being good for the game while obscuring that you would personally stand to profit from it economically. Rest assured that if we felt Nazuths was making development changes for personal financial profit motives we would not hesitate to put a stop to it. That's just a different matter entirely.

Also we don't mind that Nazuths does not always sing our praises. This isn't news to us and we don't expect him to. We can tell the difference between posturing and genuine malice.

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:07 pm

Rapsey still shepherding the motley flock. Nothing changes...

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:22 pm

Iron adam wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:30 am
Nazuths wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:06 pm I can only answer questions regarding me in this thread, as far as I'm aware, I didn't fail nor pass the trial, yet. I've been working on PvP related content: Larran's chest, The Gauntlet, Last Man Standing including the unique rewards thereof.

Something I would prefer is to not constantly be baited/lynched for things I did or didn't even do, would make it more enjoyable and less demotivating to do dev work. :thumbsup:
Are you implying that this community is hella toxic to the people who literally provide them a game for free? I don't buy that...

tl;dr: Lynch Nazuths, he is corrupt.
I did not have time to read all of the posts, but your tl;dr really helped me narrow on what seems to be the root cause here. I say we all show up to Niels' POH ingame and perform the lynching. I shall be bringing my trident to resemble a pitch fork and I suggest everyone else do as well.

PkHonor always has been volunteer time whether that is developing, moderating, helping, or playing. I'm sure Mike and Rapsey would love to make millions of dollars and be able to only throw their time to PkH, but sadly that is not the case here. As for volunteer devs, they are doing good work to help push things along in their free time. Thoby did an incredible amount of work in his time (along with others, but Thoby was churning them out). Niels is doing good work now too. Like Rapsey says, I would rather Niels be spending his time on coding things he enjoys or wants to see in the game than spending his time coding Herbi or some shit.

In an ideal world, we could all be mature and not be baiting and flaming each other. It doesn't really add a whole lot of benefit to anyone's day and seems mostly unnecessary. If there is legitimate corruption, sure post a report and get the right people involved to handle it. Otherwise, I think it's a waste of people's time to read through garbled posts about how someone is the next worst person in the entire world.

TL:DR Adamthefericiouslion has been running the show from behind the scenes for years and he should be stopped

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:26 am

Monys wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:22 pm I say we all show up to Niels' POH ingame and perform the lynching. I shall be bringing my trident to resemble a pitch fork and I suggest everyone else do as well.
You spelled orgy wrong.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:03 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:26 am
Monys wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:22 pm I say we all show up to Niels' POH ingame and perform the lynching. I shall be bringing my trident to resemble a pitch fork and I suggest everyone else do as well.
You spelled orgy wrong.
How embarrassing of me... Thank you for correcting me

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:56 pm

Well, I personally cannot say much about all the questions except "Is Thoby still a developer? What is he working on?".

Let's address this, cause I haven't made any post about this yet:

As Rapsey mentioned, earlier this year I finished my degree and have officially started working full-time. You might understand that this has impacted my free time a lot. Although I already came from a busy situation, working has forced me to heavily prioritize. And honestly, I just haven't gotten around to figuring out how PkHonor development fits into the equation.

I am very grateful that Rapsey and Mike have decided to keep the door open and allow me to rather inactively help with development. If I find some more free time, I'd happily pick up a new project! However, at this moment I will not be able to.

Tldr; Thoby busy. But happy to create content whenever less busy!

Feel free to message me on Discord though. I'm keeping up with the forums somewhat, and I'd love to have a chat.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Mandalore
Premium Donator

Post by Mandalore » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:48 am

I’m thankful Thoby has desire left to code on the side. Going through an internship is a lot of learning and burn out. I myself am an application developer intern for a very large company and I don’t even want to think about code when I get home :prayge: