Changes to Mutes.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Ryan
Staff Manager

Changes to Mutes.

Post by Ryan » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:34 am

Hey everyone,

Just a quick announcement post on updating our punishments and how things work. As a lot of you are aware, it’s almost a normality that if someone gets muted from yell, they’ll log on to one of their 14 honor accounts and start yelling and arguing again on that one, essentially bypassing the mute given to them. Today, after careful discussion and consideration from the super users, all of the admin team and the mods, we’ve decided to make ip mutes the standard punishment as opposed to an account mute, which allows people to simply log on one of their alts and continue escalating the situation.

Now, before you get your pitch forks out, please consider how this will benefit a majority of the community. Not only will it make things a lot easier when controlling out of hand situations, but it’ll also somewhat act as a deterrent for those that enjoy pushing the boundaries. Introducing this change, will make things more fair for everyone on the server, as opposed to how it is now, whereby if you have 15 donor accounts, mutes are essentially useless. To cut a long story short, if you follow the rules and don’t go out of your way to be a jerk, this will not impact you whatsoever. It’ll make everyone think twice before flaming someone for no reason, and the only group I can see having an issue with this, is the group that frequently engage in this sort of behavior.

It will also enable us to potentially reduce the duration of mutes handed out in the near future, as a 2 hour IP mute may be enough in place of several 6 hour temp mutes on alt accounts. But that's something we can discuss at a later date.

Of course things always need a smoothing over period, and things won’t always work perfectly straight away. Patience, will help us a lot and of course if anyone has issues with a punishment given, our appeals section will be open and more control will be given to other staff members when handling these appeals. Any questions feel free to post below and I’ll try my best to answer them. Please keep it civil though.

Thanks,

Ryan.

Nazuths
Developer

Re: Changes to Mutes.

Post by Nazuths » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:09 am

Seems like a reasonable change!

Thanks for the update.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:29 am

Wow my 10 honor accounts are now useless! Thanks Ryan!

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:59 am

:thumbsup:

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:01 am

Always considered this as an unwritten rule already.

Is this also yell-ip mutes (if they exist) or complete ipmutes? I'm not too experienced in mutes but I'll try to gain some fresh experience soon.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:10 am

The underdog wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:01 am Always considered this as an unwritten rule already.

Is this also yell-ip mutes (if they exist) or complete ipmutes? I'm not too experienced in mutes but I'll try to gain some fresh experience soon.
At the present we have not discussed combining all mutes into a singular mute type. I'm against the idea personally. Although there are things you can say in yell to get you muted from all chat, there's still plenty of things you can yell to only deserve a yell mute.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:16 am

Good idea

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:06 pm

Sounds good to me.

Monys
Forum Addict