Changes to Mutes.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Eastereggs

Re: Changes to Mutes.

Post by Eastereggs » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:34 pm

very nice, good work uppers!

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:06 pm

No pitch forks from me, very reasonable change. Thank you!
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:21 pm

I hate rule breakers so much. This will be a good change.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:02 pm

A very Long needed update. Great work!

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Post by Fe nis » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:05 am

Seems logical and valid to me.

Suicidekills
Premium Donator

Post by Suicidekills » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:51 pm

Wait who are the "super users"? Good idea tho

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:25 pm

Suicidekills wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:51 pm Wait who are the "super users"? Good idea tho
Mike, Dylan (Donderstone2) and myself. But Dylan hasn't been active in years so in practice supers is synonymous with owners.

I'm not sure how this even found its way into common parlance. In reality super users are a tiny technical footnote barely worth mentioning. It's a safeguard against potentially catastrophic bugs or hacks which has never been needed. It prevents these few people from being locked out of the game through any means other than altering the game code, since it is written directly into the game code that they cannot be locked out. Other than that it has no meaning and definitely does not convey any additional status (though a lot of people seem to think that it does).

Whiist
Premium Donator

Post by Whiist » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:37 pm

Good change ngl
Pigeon Force

Suicidekills
Premium Donator

Post by Suicidekills » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:16 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:25 pm
Suicidekills wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:51 pm Wait who are the "super users"? Good idea tho
Mike, Dylan (Donderstone2) and myself. But Dylan hasn't been active in years so in practice supers is synonymous with owners.

I'm not sure how this even found its way into common parlance. In reality super users are a tiny technical footnote barely worth mentioning. It's a safeguard against potentially catastrophic bugs or hacks which has never been needed. It prevents these few people from being locked out of the game through any means other than altering the game code, since it is written directly into the game code that they cannot be locked out. Other than that it has no meaning and definitely does not convey any additional status (though a lot of people seem to think that it does).
Ohh okay, sounds like a smart idea to me. Thanks for explaining the term.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:21 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:25 pm

I vaguely remember hearing it from Tyler and Hamade first, back in like 2011/2012. After that it was 'common knowledge' for the staff, who used the term a lot until the community caught on as well.

Works well on a bunch of kids who gawk at any sort of power hierarchy, and see the 'supers' being the ones on top :P Fitting name in a way. Also led to criticism (no fault of your own, or Mike's), some folks thought y'all had a god complex and calling yourself 'supers' was a symptom of that. Kind of funny since you didn't really use the term in the first place