Honest Opinion

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should I be allowed back on the game?

Yes (On all accounts)
28%
Yes (On HC ONLY)
8%
No
64%

Total votes: 36

Nazuths
Developer

Re: Honest Opinion

Post by Nazuths » Thu May 05, 2022 9:14 am

Don't really care, but given most people are given second chances, and it's been many years, might as well give a second chance.

Also, how did you not get banned when you told Staff members you're a permanently expelled player lol. :kekw:

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu May 05, 2022 9:47 am

You seemed to always come back with the argument that you matured. Time after time it turned out that was not the case. That's because even mature people scam and fuck eachother over. Look at Wall Street lmao.
What's actually different now?

I've went on a Dead Newb rabbithole on the forums and the way you lied to people and completely changed personas & made up things etc was borderline sociopathic rather than just a young kid messing around.
You went deep into your lies even making new accounts on other websites and what not to convince people you're someone else.
It just makes me wonder if you had/have any mental health issues. Do you? (No need to expand if you do)
If so, did you get help? Honest question.

I don't really care too much about you being unbanned or not even though you've wronged me in the past. You've went long times where you were not scamming people until you found a scenario where you thought you could get away with it.
This makes it so that people who remember your shenanigans wont quickly trust you and will possibly never trust you again.

I think it'd be nice if you got unbanned because it has been so long. Please only play ironman accounts for your own good. I don't think staff will & should be bothered enforcing that. It's your own responsibility. You wont be tempted to stake (& resort to scamming to fund staking) if it's simply something that you can not do.

We were homies before you turned to scamming and I hope you take that advice even though we've had our beef.
Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:29 am
Patel wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:28 am
Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:59 am I wasn't hidden though. I made it very aware I was back and never hid it from anyone.
Sure, I suppose the staff didn't really catch wind of it until now then.
Shocking to me. I told multiple staff members, lol.
Mods wont instantly ban as they don't know the finer details about it. They probably took it higher up which then got you banned.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu May 05, 2022 1:34 pm

I think the problem you're having is this:

The reason for an unban is basically: a lot of time has passed, I was young and immature, now I've changed so things will be different, trust me.

This is the same rationale you have given us again and again since your original punishment. And we did trust you, several times in fact, and each time we immediately regretted it as it became clear that you hadn't changed at all.

So in essence you are facing the same problem of your own making as the boy who cried wolf. If you convince people to trust you again and again and each time it turns out you were BS'ing them, then if a time comes when you are actually telling the truth no one will believe you anymore. At that point you've already used up all of your chances and there's nothing to be done anymore. You can't expect people to keep trusting you again and again forever.

Pk gts
Honor Player

Post by Pk gts » Thu May 05, 2022 7:06 pm

idk who this is but he the goat free my man

Webacklit
Novice

Post by Webacklit » Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm

Rapsey wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:34 pm I think the problem you're having is this:

The reason for an unban is basically: a lot of time has passed, I was young and immature, now I've changed so things will be different, trust me.

This is the same rationale you have given us again and again since your original punishment. And we did trust you, several times in fact, and each time we immediately regretted it as it became clear that you hadn't changed at all.

So in essence you are facing the same problem of your own making as the boy who cried wolf. If you convince people to trust you again and again and each time it turns out you were BS'ing them, then if a time comes when you are actually telling the truth no one will believe you anymore. At that point you've already used up all of your chances and there's nothing to be done anymore. You can't expect people to keep trusting you again and again forever.
I don't care about being trusted, that's not the argument. I get where you're coming from, but this isn't a plead for trust. This is a plead of this was 8 years ago and the fact that it's held so deeply against me for the actions of when I was a kid to now is just a weird thing to wrap my head around. It's been a very long time and things have changed. I don't have the time or willingness to screw people over. I'm back to see old friends and have something to do in my downtimes when I'm not working or traveling.

You seemed to always come back with the argument that you matured. Time after time it turned out that was not the case. That's because even mature people scam and fuck eachother over. Look at Wall Street lmao.
What's actually different now?

I've went on a Dead Newb rabbithole on the forums and the way you lied to people and completely changed personas & made up things etc was borderline sociopathic rather than just a young kid messing around.
You went deep into your lies even making new accounts on other websites and what not to convince people you're someone else.
It just makes me wonder if you had/have any mental health issues. Do you? (No need to expand if you do)
If so, did you get help? Honest question.

I don't really care too much about you being unbanned or not even though you've wronged me in the past. You've went long times where you were not scamming people until you found a scenario where you thought you could get away with it.
This makes it so that people who remember your shenanigans wont quickly trust you and will possibly never trust you again.

I think it'd be nice if you got unbanned because it has been so long. Please only play ironman accounts for your own good. I don't think staff will & should be bothered enforcing that. It's your own responsibility. You wont be tempted to stake (& resort to scamming to fund staking) if it's simply something that you can not do.

We were homies before you turned to scamming and I hope you take that advice even though we've had our beef.

I've been doing a fair share of rabbitholing myself. It's truly embarrassing and just immature to see what I did knowing that it's nothing about who I actually am. Wallstreet and Pkhonor are two very different places, but sure I guess your example could be used however I think it's taking it to an extreme.

I went deep into masking who I was because I wanted to play. There were definitely some lies and scams, but there is also a lot of times where it was just seriously other peoples word vs mine on a scummy situation. The problem with that is that because of my reputation and the amount of times I had messed up, it wouldn't matter what I had to say. One example and I don't want to dwell too deep into it, but look at Christian11x. There was a situation where he claimed that I scammed him for like 40B, when in reality nothing of the sorts happened. People believed him and took his side because of the reputation I had. It's all ramble and in the past, so no real point getting into it.

No, I do not have any mental disorders/issues or what have you. Like I said, I was a young teen who was very immature and ignorant.

Also, most mods I spoke to and literally typed out "::checkreason Dead Newb" when they asked why I was banned. None of them did anything. I just asked Church yesterday for an update on what was going on with the appeals and then he banned me pretty much on the spot after stating he had to uphold the rules. Which I don't disagree with, but at the same time, I was fishing some damn sharks for my HC . . . lol.

Hi im sarah
Rookie

Post by Hi im sarah » Thu May 05, 2022 11:59 pm

Nah no way you're probably the scummiest person in pkh history my guy, was borderline sociopathic the way you behaved the past few times. What you did to simon was super fucked.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Fri May 06, 2022 12:43 am

Can someone link some threads of the stuff he did

Edit: if anyone is interested who he is then refer to viewtopic.php?f=81&t=65861&p=590045&hil ... wb#p590045

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri May 06, 2022 1:33 am

Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm I don't care about being trusted, that's not the argument. I get where you're coming from, but this isn't a plead for trust.
Actually that is the quintessential argument for an expelled player filing an appeal. We would only allow you back if we trust that you will not repeat the same behaviour that got you expelled in the first place. If we believe that you will just cause trouble again then it would be idiotic to welcome you back. By asking us to give you another chance you are automatically asking us to put our faith in your claims that you have changed. That's what it's all about, asking us to trust that this time will be different. This is a plead for trust.

Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm This is a plead of this was 8 years ago and the fact that it's held so deeply against me for the actions of when I was a kid to now is just a weird thing to wrap my head around. It's been a very long time and things have changed. I don't have the time or willingness to screw people over. I'm back to see old friends and have something to do in my downtimes when I'm not working or traveling.
See the underlined part? You are asking us to trust you on that, to believe that it will indeed be as you say.

As for this still being held against you after 8 years being hard to wrap your head around, here's something I find hard to wrap my head around. How some people seem to think that, no matter what they've done, no matter the consequences, the mere fact that time has passed should be sufficient justification to have the punishment dropped. As if somewhere between their eyes and their brain, the words "banished for life" got translated to "come back in a few years".

It might be worth considering that when dealing with other people, it may in fact be possible to screw up so badly that they never ever want to deal with you again. This is as true for your personal interactions in real life as it is for your interactions with the people who run an online game. Most people only need to get burned by someone a few times before they say: never again. And they really do mean never.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Fri May 06, 2022 2:48 am

Im amazed how people hold grudges for so long over actions this lil man did when he was 12/16. Especially this age period is in almost every country judged by law as not being able to really foresee actual consequentions of actions. Why be so super judgemental after legit years that past by with actions he did playing a game in his youth.

I myself made a wrong choice aswell, i sold gold too. I never paid attention to anything other then quick benefit for myself and say fuck you to this game and everything else to it. I got punished lost 3k+ hours of progress over a stupid trade that i now very much regret.
Fast forward a couple years and here i am, i miss the friends i had on here and good times i had while playing. Life has gotten way busier and i’d like to chill on here a bit sometime with the stuff i had once griended my ass of for. So i would like an unban to just sit around and chill. Theres no way in hell i have any interest making a brand new acc and getting a compltetionist cape all over again though.

Now you can sit here and be super judgemental over this harm i did years ago and have me banned, if thats the rules and you think its the right choice then sure.

Or have old players like me return once in a while, having a more active current community, filter out the ppl with good intentions and be the community driven rsps Pkhonor strives for. In no case i believe this options is worse than the above, as people in fact get older and change. The choice ofcourse is in the owners hands but thats my view.

Webacklit
Novice

Post by Webacklit » Fri May 06, 2022 3:24 am

Rapsey wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:33 am
Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm I don't care about being trusted, that's not the argument. I get where you're coming from, but this isn't a plead for trust.
Actually that is the quintessential argument for an expelled player filing an appeal. We would only allow you back if we trust that you will not repeat the same behaviour that got you expelled in the first place. If we believe that you will just cause trouble again then it would be idiotic to welcome you back. By asking us to give you another chance you are automatically asking us to put our faith in your claims that you have changed. That's what it's all about, asking us to trust that this time will be different. This is a plead for trust.

Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm This is a plead of this was 8 years ago and the fact that it's held so deeply against me for the actions of when I was a kid to now is just a weird thing to wrap my head around. It's been a very long time and things have changed. I don't have the time or willingness to screw people over. I'm back to see old friends and have something to do in my downtimes when I'm not working or traveling.
See the underlined part? You are asking us to trust you on that, to believe that it will indeed be as you say.

As for this still being held against you after 8 years being hard to wrap your head around, here's something I find hard to wrap my head around. How some people seem to think that, no matter what they've done, no matter the consequences, the mere fact that time has passed should be sufficient justification to have the punishment dropped. As if somewhere between their eyes and their brain, the words "banished for life" got translated to "come back in a few years".

It might be worth considering that when dealing with other people, it may in fact be possible to screw up so badly that they never ever want to deal with you again. This is as true for your personal interactions in real life as it is for your interactions with the people who run an online game. Most people only need to get burned by someone a few times before they say: never again. And they really do mean never.

I am 23 years old. I don't know what makes you think the actions of my adolescent self are still relevant. We're talking 8 YEARS. Sure, you guys as a staff team have to determine that you can trust I wouldn't do what I did again. If I'm on a HC, not bothering a soul, and talking to old friends what am I doing that's wrong or even a risk to anyone?

People go to prison for actual crimes ranging from petty theft to much more serious violent crimes etc. All of those crimes have multiple re-evaluations for parole after X number of time based on the crime. It's been 8 years since I was a adolescent on this game who made a lot of mistakes. Just seems dumb to really continually hold this stuff against me for the entirety of my life without ever a re-evaluation or just simply the ability to say, "Wow, this really was 8 years ago. He was an adolescent and he made mistakes. He's grown up now, he's an adult and is most likely not the same person from his past."
Pim wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:48 am Or have old players like me return once in a while, having a more active current community, filter out the ppl with good intentions and be the community driven rsps Pkhonor strives for. In no case i believe this options is worse than the above, as people in fact get older and change. The choice ofcourse is in the owners hands but thats my view.
This is important. Sure I made mistakes, but a lot of old friends are here and I enjoy playing with them. You allow some people back after long times of being gone for the mistakes they made and you will see increase of activity. Both on the forums and in-game.