Honest Opinion

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should I be allowed back on the game?

Yes (On all accounts)
28%
Yes (On HC ONLY)
8%
No
64%

Total votes: 36

Webacklit
Novice

Honest Opinion

Post by Webacklit » Thu May 05, 2022 2:05 am

Alright, time to spice the forums up.

If you haven't figured out or read by now, I'm Aaron aka Dead Newb, Sir Amic, etc. You probably either know who I am or have heard about me in some shape or forum. For those of you who have 0 clue who I am or need a refresher, here you go.

I started Pkhonor back in like 2010-2011 and have been active up until like 2015-2016 when I got permanently banned. When I first got to Pkhonor I was like 12 years old and immature. So yes, I argued, lied, baited, and was a bit malicious in some friendships, etc. Fast forward, that account got banned for a player made deal between Errobbie and I where he overpaid for soft clay on accident and I refused to give him the extra money. Yes, that's scummy, I agree. Again, young, dumb, and ignorant.

After getting banned there, I made another account called, "Sir Amic". This account was made under the advice and supervision of some staff members and other players who were willing to give me another chance. I will not name the staff members/players involved to keep their anonymity. This worked for a long time, I had a new persona of the person I was really and the person I wanted people to view me as. After a while, I had built up a large amount of trust and reputation in the community. I opened a service thread that was catered to literally any service in the game to make money and I guess also to prove my trust even more to the people who knew who was actually behind the username, "Sir Amic". I was then approached via forums for services for two different people. Aiv89 (Simon) and Errobbie (Robbie). Both very well known and for the most part, respected members of the community who also happened to be very wealthy. This was a big thing to be trusted with and this was reputation that I had built. I started both of the services and had 0 intentions of doing anything malicious. However, the thing people don't realize and they will try to use this as me pulling the victim card, but I was being a horrible student in school. I was essentially failing 4 classes and realized how much I was addicted to this and how much time I spent on a private server. So with that being said I got on each of their accounts at once and began to drop every valuable item in their banks in the party room. I think the total value dropped was roughly 12T-15T. It took staff members a very long time to track the items and get everything sent back to both Simon and Robbie. Sure, I shouldn't have done what I did, but I figured the one way out of this all would be to get permanently banned. Which in turn it did get me permanently banned.

I was 16 or something at the time and I'm 23 now. Things change and I'm not the same person I was back then. We all were dumb at one point and some of us it took a lot more mistakes at a young age before we figured it out.

However, one of my longest friends in this game Keith aka Sales Rep reconnected with me a few days ago and said that a lot of OG players were coming back and some of them getting unbanned. So I tried to log in and it turned out I wasn't IP banned so I made a HC iron to chill on the game and catch up with some old friends. I got banned on that HC iron today when in reality I'm causing 0 harm to the game or community.

If my main accounts don't get unbanned, so be it, but don't take away my HC and punish me for something 8 years ago.

Anyway, TL;DR

I'm attaching a poll for whether you think I should be allowed back. Would love to see anyone down below who thinks I shouldn't, Should, or is indifferent to the situation and why.

Thanks,

- Aaron

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Honest Opinion

Post by Rapsey » Thu May 05, 2022 2:12 am

For the record, public opinion has never factored into unbans and never will. All fairness would go out the window if it becomes a popularity contest. So to be clear this poll is only for your personal curiosity and/or to stir up some drama. It will have no impact on whether you get unbanned.

Webacklit
Novice

Post by Webacklit » Thu May 05, 2022 2:17 am

Rapsey wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:12 am For the record, public opinion has never factored into unbans and never will. All fairness would go out the window if it becomes a popularity contest. So to be clear this poll is only for your personal curiosity and/or to stir up some drama. It will have no impact on whether you get unbanned.
Yes, well aware. This is for me and me only, nothing to do with my current appeals.

also, hey Rapsey :*

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Thu May 05, 2022 2:35 am

I won’t vote on the poll due to Rapseys comment, however I never met you or heard of you BUT I do believe you should get another chance. Hope you’ve grown up and won’t think of making the same mistakes.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Thu May 05, 2022 3:45 am

Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:05 am I got banned on that HC iron today when in reality I'm causing 0 harm to the game or community.
This does always seem to be the argument. "Let me circumvent the ban, I won't do anything wrong!" Hell I used to think that was ok too, with the caveat that I usually had the time and energy to keep tabs on people. This wasn't true while you were on Sir Amic, for any of the staff who were willing to give you a chance, and we know how that went down.

I think the counterargument at this point is simple: rules say to ban people who avoid bans. It's nothing personal

IMO you should just appeal first if you want to play. There's no sense in being hidden all the time when you seem like the type of guy who actually enjoys some level of community interaction.

Webacklit
Novice

Post by Webacklit » Thu May 05, 2022 3:56 am

Patel wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:45 am
Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:05 am I got banned on that HC iron today when in reality I'm causing 0 harm to the game or community.
This does always seem to be the argument. "Let me circumvent the ban, I won't do anything wrong!" Hell I used to think that too, with the caveat that I usually had the time and energy to keep tabs on people. This wasn't true while you were on Sir Amic, for any of the staff who were willing to give you a chance, and we know how that went down.

I think the counterargument at this point is simple: rules say to ban people who avoid bans. It's nothing personal

IMO you should just appeal first if you want to play. There's no sense in being hidden all the time when you seem like the type of guy who actually enjoys some level of community interaction.

[/quote]IMO you should just appeal first if you want to play. There's no sense in being hidden all the time when you seem like the type of guy who actually enjoys some level of community interaction.[/quote]

I wasn't hidden though. I made it very aware I was back and never hid it from anyone.

Webacklit
Novice

Post by Webacklit » Thu May 05, 2022 3:59 am

Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:56 am
Patel wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:45 am I got banned on that HC iron today when in reality I'm causing 0 harm to the game or community.
This does always seem to be the argument. "Let me circumvent the ban, I won't do anything wrong!" Hell I used to think that too, with the caveat that I usually had the time and energy to keep tabs on people. This wasn't true while you were on Sir Amic, for any of the staff who were willing to give you a chance, and we know how that went down.

I wasn't hidden though. I made it very aware I was back and never hid it from anyone.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Thu May 05, 2022 4:28 am

Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:59 am I wasn't hidden though. I made it very aware I was back and never hid it from anyone.
Sure, I suppose the staff didn't really catch wind of it until now then.

Webacklit
Novice

Post by Webacklit » Thu May 05, 2022 4:29 am

Patel wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:28 am
Webacklit wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:59 am I wasn't hidden though. I made it very aware I was back and never hid it from anyone.
Sure, I suppose the staff didn't really catch wind of it until now then.
Shocking to me. I told multiple staff members, lol.

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Thu May 05, 2022 8:20 am

Who?
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.