Ironman/Customs/Donor Items/ Clues

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Ephriam
Honor Player

Ironman/Customs/Donor Items/ Clues

Post by Ephriam » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:49 pm

In Pkhonor Ironman mode is one of the most rewarding experiences I think a player can have while playing this game. However, there is one thing that I believe needs to be rethought/reworked and that is obtaining custom whips and other donor items.

As of now ironman accounts obtain customs through elites and master clues while this is an enjoyable feature it has one major downfall and that is that ironman accounts can't drop trade items to their main accounts (which can be done in osrs) because we obtain donator items for free. As of now I think it's fair why we get alch value versus being able to drop our items, but I wanted to see if as a community we can think of a new way to obtain customs while making it a grind but still keeping it a donator item.

One thing I thought could be done would be instead of giving a custom from a clue, give a custom voucher that can be used to create any custom of choice; however, you still have to pay the same number of credits that main accounts do for a custom whip. I think this is very reasonable because donor credits can be bought by irons, and it also doesn't deter irons from donating. We still earn the custom by getting the voucher but it means we still have to donate or buy credits from the ge to make it an actual whip. Not only does this seem viable but It means that both game modes have to use credits to have a custom. Irons still earn the custom by obtaining a voucher they will just have to donate or buy credits from the ge.

In my opinion a donator item should be a donator item. I appreciate that Mike and Rapsey gave irons a chance to get customs without making the game mode feel like pay to win but now that donor credits can be bought by irons with in game gp I think it is finally time to go back and rethink obtaining customs. This could also mean that irons can finally give their mains their dupes.

Personally I do not like pvming on my main account the reason why is because of the fear I'll get an item my ironman needs but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to pk help friends if they need to borrow an item. I think it would also make the game mode more popular because I know a lot of ppl don't play iron because they don't think it's valuable because if they decide to quit iron and go back to main they will only get alch value for the items they obtained. It might even fix the eco to some extent even though demand for donor credits will increase which means credits are more expensive. I don't know. I would really like to hear everyone's thoughts on what I have proposed and maybe one of you will have a better idea or maybe I'm the only one who would like to see this fixed.
Last edited by Ephriam on Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Znoxy

Re: Ironman/Customs/Donor Items/ Clues

Post by Znoxy » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:54 pm

tldr

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:08 pm

This is essentially the same as what is already in game, no?

You get a random custom from elite. You can donate to change that into any custom whip of your choice.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:10 pm

Yeah Adam is right, I'm not sure I see the difference between this and current systems.

Ephriam
Honor Player

Post by Ephriam » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:16 pm

Iron adam wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:08 pm This is essentially the same as what is already in game, no?

You get a random custom from elite. You can donate to change that into any custom whip of your choice.
You are right this would be very similar however instead of instantly obtaining a custom you get a voucher from the clue and have to use credits to make a custom meaning the custom technically wasn't freely given like it currently is. My main point of this post was to find a way to make it so irons can drop trade to their mains (not alch gold) but the biggest issue I see with that is if customs are obtainable through iron freely ppl will play iron for customs and not donate for them on their mains.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:23 pm

Ephriam wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:16 pm
Iron adam wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:08 pm This is essentially the same as what is already in game, no?

You are right this would be very similar however instead of instantly obtaining a custom you get a voucher from the clue and have to use credits to make a custom meaning the custom technically wasn't freely given like it currently is. My main point of this post was to find a way to make it so irons can drop trade to their mains (not alch gold) but the biggest issue I see with that is if customs are obtainable through iron freely ppl will play iron for customs and not donate for them on their mains.
I see what you mean. So Irons would need to use donator points to get a custom whip no matter what in your proposal. It is a subtle difference.

I would lean towards not supporting this change. It makes ironman mode shift slightly more towards P2W. I think the current deal we have now is reasonable. I also never understood the appeal of drop trading items over from an ironman.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:23 pm

You're forgetting iron instances. Unless those also got taken away we still couldn't even really consider drop trading, in my opinion.
Also ironman spawners.

Ephriam
Honor Player

Post by Ephriam » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:25 pm

Church wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:23 pm

You're forgetting iron instances. Unless those also got taken away we still couldn't even really consider drop trading, in my opinion.
Also ironman spawners.

Irons have instances in osrs. Also we don't have over 100 worlds to switch between so I think it's fair that we have instances.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:48 pm

Ephriam wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:25 pm

Also ironman spawners.

Irons have instances in osrs. Also we don't have over 100 worlds to switch between so I think it's fair that we have instances.
Their instances are not the same, but even still the fact that all irons get their own unique instance is just too powerful. People could too easily set up multiple farming irons inside their own free instances to rack up drops, drop trade them all over to their main.

I just do not think that irons should be able to interact with the main economy at all.

Ephriam
Honor Player

Post by Ephriam » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:55 pm

Church wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:48 pm
Ephriam wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:25 pm

Also ironman spawners.

Their instances are not the same, but even still the fact that all irons get their own unique instance is just too powerful. People could too easily set up multiple farming irons inside their own free instances to rack up drops, drop trade them all over to their main.

I just do not think that irons should be able to interact with the main economy at all.
Mains have lsp and honors irons do not. I would say that lsp and honors are more of an advantage then a instance. Along with that if irons did not have instances people would come into boss rooms rage irons just to make them mad. You can multilog bosses purex did it with nex on four death accounts with lsp. You can minipulate drops with lsp if you're on four acc and the kills are fast (that is the definition of overpowered). Making it possible for irons to drop trade isn't going to create a magic formula to create farms. Also you are right instances do work a little differently on here but a lot of the content that is a good money maker is instanced in osrs. You can instance gwd on a iron in osrs. The spawners you have a point about but even then we have to do 100% of the damage to get a drop and people would go out of their way to crash an iron.