Ironman/Customs/Donor Items/ Clues

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Hi im sarah
Rookie

Re: Ironman/Customs/Donor Items/ Clues

Post by Hi im sarah » Fri May 06, 2022 9:25 pm

Fungamer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:03 am
Hi im sarah wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:00 am
Fungamer wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:24 pm

If you want to make cash, do it on a main. Irons should ideally never interact with the economy. The only exception is getting PKed and alch value is fine IMO.
Drop trading from irons to mains is a thing in osrs, I don't see why it shouldn't be a thing here.
Because ironman mode is an "easier" game mode here once you're at the endgame. You get help to solo nex and get a load of valuable stuff from clues. It's unbalanced and would turn certain METAs into "do it on an ironman and trade it over".

If the proposed solution to that is to restrict certain items to be droptraded then the whole thing becomes too complex and then it's better to just prevent them from interacting with the eco IMO. We don't have a perfect system now but drop trading is even worse.

Also "because its like that on osrs" isn't an argument for or against anything. PkH isn't osrs and it's not trying to be a carbon copy either.
Yeah ironmen have help soloing nex, but its still better to do it with honors on a main anyways. The clue stuff is really the only problem I see, and I genuinely don't think itll be that big of a deal. I don't think adding a solution to where custom whips can't be droptraded is too complex, it seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat May 07, 2022 11:58 am

Hi im sarah wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:25 pm
Fungamer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:03 am
Hi im sarah wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:00 am

Drop trading from irons to mains is a thing in osrs, I don't see why it shouldn't be a thing here.
Because ironman mode is an "easier" game mode here once you're at the endgame. You get help to solo nex and get a load of valuable stuff from clues. It's unbalanced and would turn certain METAs into "do it on an ironman and trade it over".

If the proposed solution to that is to restrict certain items to be droptraded then the whole thing becomes too complex and then it's better to just prevent them from interacting with the eco IMO. We don't have a perfect system now but drop trading is even worse.

Also "because its like that on osrs" isn't an argument for or against anything. PkH isn't osrs and it's not trying to be a carbon copy either.
Yeah ironmen have help soloing nex, but its still better to do it with honors on a main anyways. The clue stuff is really the only problem I see, and I genuinely don't think itll be that big of a deal. I don't think adding a solution to where custom whips can't be droptraded is too complex, it seems perfectly reasonable to me.
So far no one has really made a good argument as to why irons should even be able to drop trade though. I don't even think they should be able to do it in OSRS.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat May 07, 2022 12:02 pm

Church wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:58 am So far no one has really made a good argument as to why irons should even be able to drop trade though. I don't even think they should be able to do it in OSRS.
The argument is that ironmen are just normal accounts who can't receive items, so there's no reason they can't give items away. On OSRS, the first part of that is true. On PkH, it's not

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat May 07, 2022 12:08 pm

Raj wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:02 pm
Church wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:58 am So far no one has really made a good argument as to why irons should even be able to drop trade though. I don't even think they should be able to do it in OSRS.
The argument is that ironmen are just normal accounts who can't receive items, so there's no reason they can't give items away. On OSRS, the first part of that is true. On PkH, it's not
But this isn't a good argument. I don't see any good coming out of the ability for all the old irons who have had years of benefits in certain grinds all of the sudden being able to participate in the eco.

Hi im sarah
Rookie

Post by Hi im sarah » Sat May 07, 2022 5:31 pm

Church wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:08 pm
Raj wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:02 pm
But this isn't a good argument. I don't see any good coming out of the ability for all the old irons who have had years of benefits in certain grinds all of the sudden being able to participate in the eco.
I've never played ironman so I guess there's a chance I really don't know, but what are the benefits in grinds other than custom whips? I feel like almost any boss is easier/faster to kill which results in more gp/hour with a main and honors. Also I assume it's significantly easier getting custom comps on a normal account, which would also make it easier to get to the point where you can grind things fast. If the ability to restrict custom whips from getting drop traded is possible, what would the other negatives be?

I don't know the exact drop rate for custom whips on irons, but if its like 1/20 or lower wouldn't it also be faster on a main to just sell the elite/master clues and buy a custom whip?

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat May 07, 2022 8:59 pm

Hi im sarah wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:31 pm I've never played ironman so I guess there's a chance I really don't know, but what are the benefits in grinds other than custom whips? I feel like almost any boss is easier/faster to kill which results in more gp/hour with a main and honors. Also I assume it's significantly easier getting custom comps on a normal account, which would also make it easier to get to the point where you can grind things fast. If the ability to restrict custom whips from getting drop traded is possible, what would the other negatives be?

I don't know the exact drop rate for custom whips on irons, but if its like 1/20 or lower wouldn't it also be faster on a main to just sell the elite/master clues and buy a custom whip?
Every boss is instanced, including wildy bosses, so if you multi logged 4 irons you could go camp out at any public boss in 4 different instances and farm the hell out of it privately while still dropping your items to your main to sell

Is that better than just logging 4 accounts and massing one boss? I’m not sure, but I think so, because there’s no respawn time losses in the sense that if one account is waiting for a respawn, another one probably isn’t, so there’s never nothing happening. But honestly I think the difference in drops per hour is so negligible that it doesn’t really matter

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat May 07, 2022 9:31 pm

Raj wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:59 pm
Hi im sarah wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:31 pm I've never played ironman so I guess there's a chance I really don't know, but what are the benefits in grinds other than custom whips? I feel like almost any boss is easier/faster to kill which results in more gp/hour with a main and honors. Also I assume it's significantly easier getting custom comps on a normal account, which would also make it easier to get to the point where you can grind things fast. If the ability to restrict custom whips from getting drop traded is possible, what would the other negatives be?

Every boss is instanced, including wildy bosses, so if you multi logged 4 irons you could go camp out at any public boss in 4 different instances and farm the hell out of it privately while still dropping your items to your main to sell

Is that better than just logging 4 accounts and massing one boss? I’m not sure, but I think so, because there’s no respawn time losses in the sense that if one account is waiting for a respawn, another one probably isn’t, so there’s never nothing happening. But honestly I think the difference in drops per hour is so negligible that it doesn’t really matter
Drops per hour might be negligible but the private bosses allow you to not be forced to share these bosses. If you pvm alone & with some random guy doing the boss you'll run the "risk" of the other person getting a drop rather than you, so the gp/hour is guaranteed to be higher if you can kit out a few ironman accs to camp a boss.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sat May 07, 2022 9:35 pm

Allow it with the exception of custom items that are obtainable in a non-traditional sense, I.e. custom whips, Druidic, party hats. Keep these are either alch price or eliminate the ability to xfer them at all.

I think grinding items on an iron will 99% of the time be substantially harder compared to a regular account. Even the argument of irons having instances, nobody will grind tons of pots just to have an instance advantage at corp, bandos because in reality nobody gives a shit about one or two tassets to xfer, but if an iron decides they want to switch to a non-iron account they should have the option to given the fact they had actually grinded themselves for the items in comparison to some people just getting lucky at duel arena for their entire bank.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat May 07, 2022 9:53 pm

Pretty sure I came up with some super high IQ idea which was like, add private instance portals for mains, add mboxes and adv mboxes to the ironman vote store, and it should be fine because only customs would have a different source/time to obtain then and those just go to your refund box when you try to transfer them anyway